57 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

can you see that?

Yes. 

Just can't search or see comments etc. 

Zico is on the case now so it's reet. 

34 38 if she's holding them up

62 59 if they are free swinging. 

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It’s been an absolute shitshow from the off. 

I don't know who is really at fault - I suspect it's not Borris, just can't understand why they didn't lockdown earlier, buy themselves some time - the reason the scientists gave for the lockdown delay at the time was  "its all about the timing".

they either got the timing wrong, or they wanted a peak for the long term  IMO, cant see any other reason 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

We are back to comparing us to a country who had existing technology and experience of dealing with a deadly virus like this. Beggars belief this. It’s like Groundhog Day and it’s fucking tedious. 

Time to vacate this thread as it just destroys your soul Bit by bit . @Rudy’s Message can you post tits elsewhere buddy please ?

I was thinking about doing a tit of the day thread but it was mainly aimed at Keef and his Chinos

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It’s been an absolute shitshow from the off. 

7/10

But as I've always said

If we're able to test, track and trace, and protect the frontline workers adequately when it comes to cracking on, June 1st, then great 

If not, we're regressing

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Just giving you a honest account of a bloke I know’s experience of the testing process.

The same bloke who told you Boris was missing PMQ’s?

1 bloke. Almost 68 million people in the U.K. and you believe he is a good representation of the testing procedure?

I actually know a bloke who believes in fairies and unicorns. Just the one. I think he’s wrong.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

1 bloke. Almost 68 million people in the U.K. and you believe he is a good representation of the testing procedure?

I actually know a bloke who believes in fairies and unicorns. Just the one. I think he’s wrong.

No. Different blokes

Neither of them apt to bullshit or exaggeration. 

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

why do you think they delayed the lockdown? bad advice?, measured incorrectly, or did it on purpose to get some herd immunity in the bag for later?

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Skegness that busy today that it was a 40 min wait for the toilets apparently. 
Traffic jams everywhere with folk driving to the beaches  

what’s the incubation period of this Virus  2/3 weeks? so when does that mean lockdown again in England? End of first week in June? Nailed on. 

It's crazy isn't it.. doesn't look good for preventing another lockdown. 

Worse thing is some of these communities can't cope with the influx if the virus spreads again. How many care homes in those areas will be scared shitless after today. 

How've you found it in Scotland today? Not appearing to be hapenning to the same level and lots of police out preventing build up at Portebello. 

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

It's crazy isn't it.. doesn't look good for preventing another lockdown. 

Worse thing is some of these communities can't cope with the influx if the virus spreads again. How many care homes in those areas will be scared shitless after today. 

How've you found it in Scotland today? Not appearing to be hapenning to the same level and lots of police out preventing build up at Portebello. 

Was out this morning early not a soul about and haven’t left the house/garden all day since 

saw police had been dispersing in porty. I’m starting to think krankie has played this well but saying that as soon as we get same freedom it will be carnage and we will find ourselves where England is just always 3 weeks later. 

6 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

why do you think they delayed the lockdown? bad advice?, measured incorrectly, or did it on purpose to get some herd immunity in the bag for later?

The same reason they are trying to decide the best way to relax the lockdown measures now. Economic, social etc. It’s obvious on here that there are different views on schools alone. You say delayed, some would say too soon. Who’s to say who is right until this unprecedented crisis is over. Next year, maybe the year after when the economic and even social affect of this is analysed will we really know who was right and who was wrong.

19 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

And I’m happy to hear your personal stories of how good the testing procedure is? 

Just now, Boby Brno said:

The same reason they are trying to decide the best way to relax the lockdown measures now. Economic, social etc. It’s obvious on here that there are different views on schools alone. You say delayed, some would say too soon. Who’s to say who is right until this unprecedented crisis is over. Next year, maybe the year after when the economic and even social affect of this is analysed will we really know who was right and who was wrong.

So the death count isn’t your measure of success or otherwise? 

You wouldn’t rather we’d ‘done’ a Germany?

42 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The usual suspects turning a positive into a negative. Promise of lots more tits though so that can’t be bad. Going back into lockdown. Hopefully resurfacing when the government says I can on June 1st. Enjoy the tits. 👍

How can it be negative? It's just a fact.

You could test 500 people once or one person 500 times. Same number of tests, but one of those is clearly more useful than the other in saying how many people have it.

25,000 of today's tests are antibody tests which by definition will never result in a new case. That's not to say they aren't useful, but the overall number of tests per day is a pure vanity metric.

Just now, Boby Brno said:

I think they fucked up, no idea what the real reason is,  and there's probably several factors. I don't think they did it on purpose, but I'm convinced that if they'd have closed down 2 weeks, 10 days, 1 week, 5 days earlier we'd have less deaths, be further out of the lockdown now, with a pretty similar future. 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

I have no measure of success or failure. Most  people at the start of this were saying that the death count would be higher. Most people were saying how many people would die from this in a year. We are only 5 months into it. Based on previous death rates, over 250,000 people will have died this year from things other than covid19. These figures are not published every day. 
The decisions taken by the government have definitely had an affect on reducing the numbers. If they had taken other measures, they may have been higher or lower. 

• Members
55 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

what’s the incubation period of this Virus  2/3 weeks? so when does that mean lockdown again in England? End of first week in June? Nailed on. 

Could you imagine driving up to it, getting out in a busy car park, seeing thousands of people and still persevering with going to the beach as a good idea?

46 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

How can it be negative? It's just a fact.

You could test 500 people once or one person 500 times. Same number of tests, but one of those is clearly more useful than the other in saying how many people have it.

25,000 of today's tests are antibody tests which by definition will never result in a new case. That's not to say they aren't useful, but the overall number of tests per day is a pure vanity metric.

It was mainly the low number of positive tests that  I was highlighting that you conveniently ignored. Crack on with your negativity though. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Can be as little as 4 days..

:(

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Who wouldn't. But it's not relevant to use Germany as a comparison.

We didn't have the same industry/available resources. What's so difficult about this that you don't seem to grasp?

If we had finished the season 5th from bottom and stayed up on goal difference we'd all (nearly) be happy. It would have been a success, starting with one hand behind our backs.

Talking about this in terms of success and failure is pathetic really.