Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve been steadfast in my opinion since it came out. He has to go and boris has got this very very wrong. I think dom has played it quite cleverly and flouted the rules whilst thinking he had it boxed off. 

But in public office in the role Hes played in the rules we live by currently he has to go. Totally untenable and boris could possibly lose his job also in due course by having to resign also. Sadly for me 

Spot on 👍

But, and it’s a big but,  I fully expect them to brazen it out. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

No watched the DB, but good on Bozza for not bowing to the media, Cummings has broken the rules like thousands of others, and they are alll still in a job no matter what their employment status is.

Plus its a pissed a few off on here 😁

There's a bigger picture unfortunately.

No doubt hypocrisy from some who will have broken rules, but I just see this as damaging the government's efforts going forward.

In one sense it's good of Boris to stay loyal, but Cummings must know now that his continued presence is going to be damaging. He'd be helping if he just fucked it off.

Maybe set up a childcare service... :)

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Maybe, but im just glad Boris has taken no notice of the Media, proper set of cunts the lot of them. 

It’s not just the media though is it? I imagine a big chunk of the general public who have sat on their arses for the last 8 weeks or so are a bit fucked off. 

He’s just stuck two fingers up to each and every one of us

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Maybe, but im just glad Boris has taken no notice of the Media, proper set of cunts the lot of them. 

Don't disagree there, hardly been helpful at times. Boris is certainly his own man too.

Just don't see how the government benefits from keeping him anymore.

Starmer has been quiet so far, and isn't daft; perhaps playing the long game and using his ammo later.

Unless he pissed off on a lockdown jolly boys outing with hookers, heroin and hooch aplenty. :)

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

He’s just lost the country. Any remaining faith in him, gone in one stupid, badly adviced car crash of a briefing. 

Hes lied through his teeth to save his mate who is also lying through his teeth to save his job.  He’s taken us all for fucking mugs. 

He made a mockery of people with genuine struggles and grief and even moreso with his current set of regulations that are in black and white. 

If the lockdown wasn’t already on its arse, it’ll be sure as fuck now. 

Political suicide in one foul swoop.

Edited by gonzo

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't think he had an option really, and at least he fronted up.

However, I think he's fucked it up simultaneously.

He could have cemented his place at the top table for many a year by coming out tonight and delivering a strong message. And he’s got it wrong. Maybe he’s had enough too who knows what’s going on.  I just can’t understand why he feels the need to back him when it’s so evidently wrong to do so 

im all for standing by my mates but in this case he’s fucked it 

6 minutes ago, little whitt said:

piss in a McDs coffee cup 

and out the window at a LABOUR man

I told Bolty before after he questioned my pissing contest prowess, I piss about a litre a go - and that's non-booze assisted. I wouldn't even chance it in a giant shake cup, which they probably don't do anymore as there was about four Donner Kebab's worth of calories in them...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Im a good boy fella, just merely passing on my observations, i never said they were okay.

no, I do my best to stick to the rules as well

but when you sit back and look at it all, from start to finish, from the PM to Joe Public, it's quite clear to see why we're in the mess we're in

a seemingly high percentage of the government and public are just selfish cunts who don't think the rules apply to them, or that they don't understand or want to help or improve the situation

proper "I'm alright Jack" attitude

the government will reap what they sow on this one

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He could have cemented his place at the top table for many a year by coming out tonight and delivering a strong message. And he’s got it wrong. Maybe he’s had enough too who knows what’s going on.  I just can’t understand why he feels the need to back him when it’s so evidently wrong to do so 

im all for standing by my mates but in this case he’s fucked it 

Never thought Boris would hang around too long, but you may well be right, after his own illness, maybe his stomach for a battle is waning.

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

You can see the comparisons on the link below - bit worrying to me that we arent seing any change in the hospitals for 10 days.

There are some stats somewhere showing where these infections are taking place - I'll try and find them. 150 ish deaths per day in the community suggests infections outside of London and care homes were continuing at the same rate 2-3 weeks ago, about 25K new every day, hopefully it will reduce in the next few weeks.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&deathsMetric=true&dailyFreq=true&aligned=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&country=GBR+BRA+AUS+ESP+DEU+FRA+ITA+BEL+SWE+NLD 

That's the worrying thing. It's like we got to a certain level and then the drop off tailed off. In France and Spain that line continues to drive down at the same angle, Italy is a little shallower but still dropping appreciably quicker than the UK.

I don't know if it's complacency or just a reflection of our lockdown being less strict.  I've had to visit a hospital a fair bit over the last week. The car park's been getting busier, there's maybe a few more people about. Feels that way anyway. 

I'm also surprised more aren't wearing a mask. Given the death toll here, given that we're still amongst the highest in the world. I thought maybe the govt would be encouraging more cloth mask wearing? Maybe the evidence isn't compelling enough? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Cummins son is autistic? Is this true? If so a game changer potentially 

Boris did mention a medical reason but wouldn't go into detail.

That said, I still can't get my head around driving up the country with a wife with symptoms etc.

And for a senior government official not to have access to support from said government over this seems really odd.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Boris did mention a medical reason but wouldn't go into detail.

That said, I still can't get my head around driving up the country with a wife with symptoms etc.

And for a senior government official not to have access to support from said government over this seems really odd.

One of my mates his son is heavily autistic and he cannot be near anyone at times other than his mum and dad and a couple of other family members including my mates sister (his auntie)

again all this goes out the window somewhat with the addition of covid symptoms but it would certaintly  add a different level of complexity to this 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Cummins son is autistic? Is this true? If so a game changer potentially 

My son's autistic but I didn't fuck about breaking any guidelines when my wife had the virus and me and all the other kids had to isolate so I can't see how it changes the game.

Unless me being from Bolton and Cummings not being means I was less likely to catch it and he was more susceptible.

Edited by ErnestTurnip