Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Doesn't seem right going for a drive to check your eyesight! Kinell.

Can understand his reasons for fucking off- if folk are making threats and you're getting abuse at home perhaps you wouldn't want anyone else having to be at risk by coming there to help.

Still not sure he can survive all this, and the government will need to be able to move on.

He’s belligerent that’s for sure. 

Just now, jmjhb said:

The media are going to have a field day unravelling everything that isn't 100%, especially as he just blamed them for it all

They were hellbent On doing that anyway. They’ve posted some stories that appear to be factually incorrect thus they are lies  surely journalists should have a reasonable duty of care to make sure there is some truth in what they write about? 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree. He's explained himself, and been open about things which are still questionable.

Will still leave plenty of questions though.

He’s not a natural public speaker. That’s why he has the role he has behind the scenes. Folk think that’s him drowning. 
🙄

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Imagine being a grown adult and thinking the way to stick it to the government was to beep your horn continuously through a press briefing. 

That'll show em! Fucking losers. 

The reason they will be in the back garden will be it will be full of window lickers at the gates at the front no doubt. Same dribbling cunts chanting get boris out a few weeks ago. 

• Moderators

So despite him or his wife not displaying symptoms he drove all that way to isolate

And one the one time he went for a drive whilst he was up there, he got out his car twice, by the river and in the woods he got spotted both times

He went on that drive, for an hour, to see if he was ok to drive, despite not being able to see properly

And he didn't have access to get any tests for him or his family

He didn't tell his boss

Stacks up

Edited by ZicoKelly

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Doesn't seem right going for a drive to check your eyesight! Kinell.

Can understand his reasons for fucking off- if folk are making threats and you're getting abuse at home perhaps you wouldn't want anyone else having to be at risk by coming there to help.

Still not sure he can survive all this, and the government will need to be able to move on.

Aye. If my mam and dad had a cottage on a farm I’d fuck of there too no messing. 

The excuse for the trip to Barnard Castle is 100% bullshiiiiite. 

• Moderators
Just now, Spider said:

Has the autism thing been brought up, or was that bollocks as well?

I suspect it was bollocks, swallowed by the usuals, but if it is true, full marks to him for not hiding behind it

why do a public briefing to say you don’t give a flying what anyone thinks? It’s opened up more than closed if he’d stay quiet. The fanboys will ignore anything regardless (and at this point I think there’s a certain coterie of politicians/public figures who a particular tranche of the voting public will ignore anything they do as long as they annoy folk they don’t like ie  anyone who disagrees with them) 

Its gone far too tribal for my taste, debate is dead, long live the tubthumpers. 

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye. If my mam and dad had a cottage on a farm I’d fuck of there too no messing. 

The excuse for the trip to Barnard Castle is 100% bullshiiiiite

Which also happened to be his wife's birthday.

The driving to test his eyesight thing is going to hang around him like a bad smell forever.

Edited by Marc505

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Has the autism thing been brought up, or was that bollocks as well?

IIRC it was 1st mentioned in a now deleted comment on an LBC post and people just ran with it no sensible source has confirmed it.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

why do a public briefing to say you don’t give a flying what anyone thinks? It’s opened up more than closed if he’d stay quiet. The fanboys will ignore anything regardless (and at this point I think there’s a certain coterie of politicians/public figures who a particular tranche of the voting public will ignore anything they do as long as they annoy folk they don’t like ie  anyone who disagrees with them) 

Its gone far too tribal for my taste, debate is dead, long live the tubthumpers. 

It does make me long for a whisky drink and a vodka drink