Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not saying anybody should turn a blind eye to anything.However  I think if you think he’s going to resign or be pushed you will be disappointed. They dug themselves in today into the trenches all together. media are fucking useless and the amount of protests a certain section of the public have made these last few years I don’t think they’re going to carry any weight 

Let’s see, if Boris is happy to stick by him then fair enough 

I’m quite happy seeing it turn into a war of attrition

This guy has made enough enemies, plenty from the Conservative benches (Javid, Ken Clarke etc). I just hope that they have enough rope to hang the fucker 

In the meantime let’s burn through Boris’s political capital 

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Non essential Shops to open mid June. 

When they reopen, the vast majority of the Trafford Centre will have had 12 weeks shut, huge money lost. And the bars and restaurants will still be closed.

Both Market Place and Crompton Place in Bolton completely shut for 12 weeks

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

There’s nothing strong about lying through your teeth. Then lying again. And then lying some more to cover your lies. 

Hes trying to save face and his job. By lying.

Strong minded my arse. 

See, you reckon he was lying. I don't.

He's made a bit of an issue for himself by doing so; driving whilst visually impaired for a start.

Some of the detail shows him to have been a cock on more than one occasion. This will follow him about.

Moreover, if it was lies, it will be found out and he'll be totally fucked.

I saw it as an attempt to make his own life and that of his paymasters easier. Time will tell if it works.

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not saying anybody should turn a blind eye to anything.However  I think if you think he’s going to resign or be pushed you will be disappointed. They dug themselves in today into the trenches all together. media are fucking useless and the amount of protests a certain section of the public have made these last few years I don’t think they’re going to carry any weight 

What are you babbling about ‘the media’ as though it’s one lumpen mass that act with one singular objective?  

It’s a nonsense, propagated by those whose pronouncements are so facile, if they weren’t so ludicrous, they’d be ignored as the waffle of the fringe. As it is, our current crop of politicians seem to like to play to this particular gallery. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's made a bit of an issue for himself by doing so; driving whilst visually impaired for a start.

Some of the detail shows him to have been a cock on more than one occasion. This will follow him about.

I saw it as an attempt to make his own life and that of his paymasters easier. Time will tell if it works.

You actually believe he thought he’d test out his eyesight by driving?

Send me a message, I’ve got some magic beans I’m flogging. 

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He took his wife and kid to a beauty spot on her birthday. 

His version of events differs dramatically to his wife’s account. 

• Site Supporter

No new deaths from covid -19 in Ireland today, nice milestone mark and hopefully one that can be achieved here soon, June predicted by these lot who also say could be virus free by Sept. they also go on to say not 100% as people’s behaviour determine it bu5 it’s based on modelling of cases as at April 30th  

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/23/scientists-have-predicted-exact-date-think-uk-will-coronavirus-free-12747138/

He's talking shit. 

Before they left, his wife had no typical covid symptoms. That afternoon she'd suddenly been sick once and felt like she may pass out. He had no symptoms. 

Most people in their 40's arent hospitalised, it's less than 2% for women in their 40s, and most of them have underlying conditions.  Most who are hospitalised do so after several days of worsening symptoms. The chance of two 40yr olds in the same household, one a woman, being hospitalised suddenly,  from covid, at exactly  the same time is miniscule. If it did  happen you'd get several days warning, and it's highly likely that one would be hospitalised before the other. He knew this. 

What did he think was hoing to happen to his child if both parents  became hospitalised at the same time, killed by journalists? More likely one of his relatives would have come down to London to help before it got to that stage, dont you think?

He says he suspected he and his wife had covid. He knew that many people are asymptomatic for several days, yet still chose to drive. 

He wasn't ill at all when they drove up late at night, (conveniently for him, as it avoids questions about him being fit to drive)  yet the next morninig he had covid symptons and a serious fever, nice coincidence, and was really ill apparently.

Then, 5 days later he left the house again to pick his wife and kid up from hospital. Must have been well suddenly , ive had flu a couple of times, no chance I'd be driving anywhere. No taxis apparently - none in the whole of Durham! Bullshit.

They went to Barnard Castle, 45 mins drive away to test his eyes, on his wifes birthday. And he felt sick so they sat by a river. 

On the way back the kid needed a piss so they stopped and played in a wood for a bit. Bullshit. If you feel sick, youre a high profile govmt aid, you shouldnt be out of the house except for emergencies, you tell your kid to have a piss asap and get your mrs to drive back.

Liar

23 deg here today

Pottered about. Mowed the lawn. Painted the lead flashing at the back of the house. Burned my bonce despite lashings of Factor 50. Burger, chips and salad with Mrs Manc and the FiL. 4 cans of Moretti and some nice Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. It’s why the sun comes out

In other news, some folk sat inside glued to their telly and then hammered the fuck out of their keyboards cos some irrelevant cunt took a drive in his car and went on TV to tell everyone why he did it. Said folk then had a wankfest about it

I just chilled. Didn’t bother me one iota. I was almost Rudy-like after one of his sessions with his herbs. PS2 has been switched on. Life continues...

25 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Pretty much where I find myself too!

Feel for people like Spider etc. real shit situation but let's not make out that 99.9% of the population have been adhering to the lockdown word for word. 

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

He's talking shit. 

Before they left, his wife had no typical covid symptoms. That afternoon she'd suddenly been sick once and felt like she may pass out. He had no symptoms. 

Most people in their 40's arent hospitalised, it's less than 2% for women in their 40s, and most of them have underlying conditions.  Most who are hospitalised do so after several days of worsening symptoms. The chance of two 40yr olds in the same household, one a woman, being hospitalised suddenly,  from covid, at exactly  the same time is miniscule. If it did  happen you'd get several days warning, and it's highly likely that one would be hospitalised before the other. He knew this. 

What did he think was hoing to happen to his child if both parents  became hospitalised at the same time, killed by journalists? More likely one of his relatives would have come down to London to help before it got to that stage, dont you think?

He says he suspected he and his wife had covid. He knew that many people are asymptomatic for several days, yet still chose to drive. 

He wasn't ill at all when they drove up late at night, (conveniently for him, as it avoids questions about him being fit to drive)  yet the next morninig he had covid symptons and a serious fever, nice coincidence, and was really ill apparently.

Then, 5 days later he left the house again to pick his wife and kid up from hospital. Must have been well suddenly , ive had flu a couple of times, no chance I'd be driving anywhere. No taxis apparently - none in the whole of Durham! Bullshit.

They went to Barnard Castle, 45 mins drive away to test his eyes, on his wifes birthday. And he felt sick so they sat by a river. 

On the way back the kid needed a piss so they stopped and played in a wood for a bit. Bullshit. If you feel sick, youre a high profile govmt aid, you shouldnt be out of the house except for emergencies, you tell your kid to have a piss asap and get your mrs to drive back.

Liar

He has direct access to the leading experts in the country. Your missus is ill, you are worried about your kid. You either;

1 Jump in the car and drive 260 miles to your parents farm and wait for you teenage/early20s relatives to deliver supplies. (Presumably orange lucozade and paracetamols)

OR

2. Ask one of the experts for advise. 

Every Monday of my working life I spent some time talking to work mates about what they did at weekend. Boris and Dom after both having this serious virus have not discussed what they went through until this week when the story broke. 

Total bollocks. 

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

You sure about that?

He added that, while he had not told the prime minister - who himself caught coronavirus - before he drove north: "I did actually speak to him later but neither of us can remember what was said because we were both in pretty bad shape."

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

He added that, while he had not told the prime minister - who himself caught coronavirus - before he drove north: "I did actually speak to him later but neither of us can remember what was said because we were both in pretty bad shape."

Aye. That sounds totally believable 😀

7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

23 deg here today

Pottered about. Mowed the lawn. Painted the lead flashing at the back of the house. Burned my bonce despite lashings of Factor 50. Burger, chips and salad with Mrs Manc and the FiL. 4 cans of Moretti and some nice Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. It’s why the sun comes out

In other news, some folk sat inside glued to their telly and then hammered the fuck out of their keyboards cos some irrelevant cunt took a drive in his car and went on TV to tell everyone why he did it. Said folk then had a wankfest about it

I just chilled. Didn’t bother me one iota. I was almost Rudy-like after one of his sessions with his herbs. PS2 has been switched on. Life continues...

If he was irrelevant nobody would have cared. My neighbours have done worse. He's one of the most powerful people on the UK, he fucked up, broke rules that he had a part in creating,  hasn't appologised, and has either spun a bullshit excuse or has had a stream  of unfortunate coincidences. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

You actually believe he thought he’d test out his eyesight by driving?

Send me a message, I’ve got some magic beans I’m flogging. 

I believe he's a fucking idiot for going out at all. If he/she weren't convinced he was yet safe, he should have stayed home.

At best, have a quick half mile down a quiet lane near the farm.

For me, this is arguably worse than his initial trip.

If you're fishing for angle that he was just out for a jolly, then you could be correct, who knows- though a quick mooch whilst your kid has a piss is hardly a whale of a time. Would have been better staying at the farm and having another walk in the private woods.

So having considered his explanation and an alternative, then yes it may well be a case of truth being stranger than fiction.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye. That sounds totally believable 😀

Time will tell

Just quoting what he said

I find myself punting for him, hoping that he is authentic