Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Hearing from different sources that Tory MPs have been given a template email with a centrally prepared response to send out to any of their constituents who write asking their MPs to demand Cummings' resignation. I've heard that at least 3 MPs have sent out the identical statements and suspect there will be many others. Key theme is "let's move on" so I'm guessing Dominic penned it with his own fair hand. Despite this, over 40 Tory MPs want him gone although that probably includes the 20 odd that Cummings had sacked.

Pretty much what you'd expect I guess. Along with deflection demonising the press so that they can use the "fake news" and/or the "politically motivated" defence to preach to the converted.

Pointless writing to your MP IMO. Cummings will not resign and BloJo can't sack Cummings just as Emu couldn't sack Rod Hull.

When will us British people finally realise that we are being played for fools?

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Spot on, very good

it is. says it all really. why cant anybody just apologise these days? everything has to be "spun' . The orchestrated defence of him is worse for me than what hes actually done. massively disappointed.  just a big 'fuck you' to everyone who has followed govt advice up until now.

And press still managing to act like cunts hes right about that too.

6 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Hearing from different sources that Tory MPs have been given a template email with a centrally prepared response to send out to any of their constituents who write asking their MPs to demand Cummings' resignation. I've heard that at least 3 MPs have sent out the identical statements and suspect there will be many others. Key theme is "let's move on" so I'm guessing Dominic penned it with his own fair hand. Despite this, over 40 Tory MPs want him gone although that probably includes the 20 odd that Cummings had sacked.

Pretty much what you'd expect I guess. Along with deflection demonising the press so that they can use the "fake news" and/or the "politically motivated" defence to preach to the converted.

Pointless writing to your MP IMO. Cummings will not resign and BloJo can't sack Cummings just as Emu couldn't sack Rod Hull.

When will us British people finally realise that we are being played for fools?

Because if you disagree with the party line you’re a traitor against pretty much everything, as well as an apologist for sexual abuse it would appear.

I’m still trying to get my head around why the ‘meeedia’ are getting hounded by people for reporting something that is in the national interest? 

He’s wrong, he’s now lying to us, his position is becoming untenable. 

9 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

And yet,yet, yet its lot of the nasty tories who are appaled by what he did, and want him out.

The latest poll has Conservatives at 13% ahead

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The latest poll has Conservatives at 13% ahead

I think parliament would look very different if there was an election tomorrow.

I know a few folk who’ve been blue for life that are seething about this.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

I think parliament would look very different if there was an election tomorrow.

I know a few folk who’ve been blue for life that are seething about this.

Was annoyed, I've moved on and think there is more important things. 

Like track and trace which is scary tech, where you are allowing someone to track your every move.. 

The fact that the Tory supporters are now telling people that no one cares and it is time to move could be translated as ‘yes you have made your point it is a fuck up we have no defence.’ 

May 2017 Dianne Abbott got her numbers messed up in a radio interview. That has been left well behind has nt it ? 

Edited by Ani

2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I don't give a fuck whether Cummings goes or not, but it will be beneficial to Labour if he stays.

Yes and no.

Yes as it will be a constant easy target for Labour.

No as he is clearly the mastermind behind Tory strategy and Bozo will be lost without him.

52 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

And yet,yet, yet its lot of the nasty tories who are appaled by what he did, and want him out.

I’m not a tory but think he should go. I suspect there are aren’t tories who think he should go. It’s damaging all this. But but but he’s going nowhere so lets move on.  

It’s taken away all the focus on everything else. 

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Not going away this.

Having ministers blatantly lying to the general public is just adding fuel to the fire. 

They really are thick as fuck. 

Indeed.

20 Tory MP's have publicly made it clear they think he should go.

There will be many others who haven't gone public.

Most of this has been forced by constituents strongly lobbying their MP's because public feeling is running very high.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Needs to get that fence painted

Question is what colour?

Mine are Dark Oak. Did the step-daughters charcoal. Neighbour did his blue. I now have fence-envy

Fuck what Cummings did. What’s the best fence colour and how do I rescue a boring brown fence?

Some aptly placed climbers, like your mum.

Just keep them in check so they don't resemble an unkempt growler.

One old lady I did some work for had a fence that was so dark brown it was almost black.

Turns out her old fella who had recently departed, used to get old engine oil from a garage, let it down with white spirit, and use that as fence paint.

That fence will outlast every human on the planet! :)

Actually the conservatives have dropped 20% in the polls since the beginning of the month, Boris’ personal rating down by 13% - be interesting when June’s figures cone out.

Also Cumming’s isn’t a Tory, I don’t think you can ascribe any political leaning to his views, he detests MPs on all sides for being in his mind ineffectual and not giving a real shite about public service. He’s interested in disruption, to bring it all down - to break the current wheel. In that sense that’s why he went for Brexit, to remould the world order and to break up the traditional way of consensus. Boris and the Tories are a useful Trojan horse for his ideas. My issue is that whilst a questioning of the nature of our legislature  is essential and a re-structure of the civil service and MP’s accountability is needed and valuable, I’m not sure his outlined strategy for the re-build is useful or workable. Whilst very bright, I feel that he’s not as sharpe as one would need to be to completely carry out the rebuild from his destruction of the norm.

Also, when you are a self-styled disruptive force, you do believe the normal rules do not apply to you, and at this time we need consensus, not mavericks. 

So yes MPs are sticking it to him, whatever political creed. He does need a tighter lease on him and we need a PM who isn’t simply a vessel, but has an agenda of their own. What this issue has exposed is the nature of a Johnson government, and that has wider implications. Let’s not get distracted by drives to Durham, this is now about how willing is our government to allow unchecked authority reign at the heart of our political landscape.

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Not sure if folk saw the tip I gave on here a few weeks ago re antibody tests and a firm called ODX.

They were on sky news at 09-51, don't say you weren't warned, they're flying up now 

50% up in the last hour, much much more to come on this one...government backed and all the shit ones like  superdrug etc are being taken off the shelves...