Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Listened to a ted talk daily just now. Israeli biologist from Weizmann institute with idea for coming out of lockdown without driving the r value above 1 and seeing the infection take hold again. Work 4 days, then lockdown for 10. 

Idea is that it takes 3 days or so from infection to you being infectious yourself, so even if you got it on the way to work day one, you wouldn't get a chance to spread it much before you were back on lockdown. 

If you divide workforce in two it would give industry a chance to keep lines going and business afloat...

https://www.adamsmith.org/research/shifting-out-of-lockdown-the-four-days-on-ten-days-off-model

52 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some aptly placed climbers, like your mum.

Just keep them in check so they don't resemble an unkempt growler.

One old lady I did some work for had a fence that was so dark brown it was almost black.

Turns out her old fella who had recently departed, used to get old engine oil from a garage, let it down with white spirit, and use that as fence paint.

That fence will outlast every human on the planet! :)

Talking of old people and things that are brown/black  my Father in law (now dead) in a furniture shop was explaining he wanted really dark brown. However he described it as ‘nigger brown’. 

22 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

50% up in the last hour, much much more to come on this one...government backed and all the shit ones like  superdrug etc are being taken off the shelves...

TBF did you also get the vaccine right ? 

We have found something you know about only taken nearly 20 years mate !!😎😎😁😂😘

Edited by Ani

59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some aptly placed climbers, like your mum.

Just keep them in check so they don't resemble an unkempt growler.

One old lady I did some work for had a fence that was so dark brown it was almost black.

Turns out her old fella who had recently departed, used to get old engine oil from a garage, let it down with white spirit, and use that as fence paint.

That fence will outlast every human on the planet! :)

My dad melted down all his 78 records and painted the wood in his living room with them. :( 

God only knows how toxic they were...

not a music lover it has to be said.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Talking of old people and things that are brown/black  my Father in law (now dead) in a furniture shop was explaining he wanted really dark brown. However he described it as ‘nigger brown’. 

Genertional thing

My mums was nigger brown cotton

Ive always called it nigger brown and im not changing now

Id say it was out of character but she also did monkey noises in the 70s....to be fair it was usually at the foitball rather than in the market hall or owt

35 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

50% up in the last hour, much much more to come on this one...government backed and all the shit ones like  superdrug etc are being taken off the shelves...

Should have got in yesterday when they were 25% down on where they were when you tipped them :)

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I bought at 50p.

my portfolio of your dealings is still in the red so you’d better be right 😊

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Look at N4P too ginge, Bolton connection there with the CEO

Tell you waht, if you think there are some cranks on this forum, the lse one makes us look like we're all on valium.

They get proper excitable over there.

Just now, Spider said:

Tell you waht, if you think there are some cranks on this forum, the lse one makes us look like we're all on valium.

They get proper excitable over there.

Oh yes, they make your flamed rants look plausible and placid 😉

12 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Maybe so but If you twat someone over an egg as a politician and keep your job then driving somewhere during lockdown is fuck all and certainly isn’t worthy of 4 days of mass media hysteria 

Anyone remember Prescott v Cummings in 2004.

Although the odds were stacked in Prescott's favour Cummings won handsomely and killed a key Labour policy, which made Cummings' reputation.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I think Spider once described Gove as a snake. He is being unkind to snakes.

Gove is a manipulating, condescending, arrogant, pig faced twat.  

I preferred this pile of steaming shute

Does Cummings actually make the rules? Listen i know everyone says he does but where in reality is that written in black and white? I try not to read too much of that stuff but If someone could post a link to it that would be really helpful 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Does Cummings actually make the rules? Listen i know everyone says he does but where in reality is that written in black and white? I try not to read too much of that stuff but If someone could post a link to it that would be really helpful 

he's an advisor / strategist

he sits in on all the important meetings and helps them come up with a plan

he comes up with the slogans like "stay at home" and "get brexit done"

you won't find it written in black and white anywhere, one man probably doesn't "make the rules", however he certainly helps steer them in a particular direction:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49101464

Dominic Cummings is more than just a run-of-the-mill adviser to Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

In many ways, the government's agenda has been forged by his ideas and Mr Johnson has relied heavily on his strategic insights into the mood of voters, gathered from focus groups.

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He is an adviser so he is involved in the development of the rules. To say he ‘makes the rules’ is not accurate but he would have a massive influence on them and he acknowledged in his press conference that he was part of the team that put the rules together. 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

He is an adviser so he is involved in the development of the rules. To say he ‘makes the rules’ is not accurate but he would have a massive influence on them and he acknowledged in his press conference that he was part of the team that put the rules together. 

I saw that bit where he said he was part of a team. I just wasn’t sure why he was being portrayed as “the person who makes the rules”. Thought I had missed something. 

turns out I hadn’t and I can disregard all these people saying he had 

thanks 

Edited by Escobarp

Guest Nordkurve
15 hours ago, jeep said:

When did Cummings not social distance on his escapades?

If you bring up getting petrol/food, etc then shoot us all.....

My understanding of Social Distancing is that it applies to people with NO symptoms. IF you have Symptoms you have to Isolate, so Social Distancing is irrelevant. You can be stood in the Petrol Station ten metres from someone who has Covid-19. You can still be infected though because the Air that potentially contains droplets from the infected person stays in the Air for up to three hours, and is moved around by normal air curculation (which is why having great HEPA Filters on Aircraft is a waste of time for this Virus as you will likely get it before the Air is cleaned based on where you are sat).

4 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

My understanding of Social Distancing is that it applies to people with NO symptoms. IF you have Symptoms you have to Isolate, so Social Distancing is irrelevant. You can be stood in the Petrol Station ten metres from someone who has Covid-19. You can still be infected though because the Air that potentially contains droplets from the infected person stays in the Air for up to three hours, and is moved around by normal air curculation (which is why having great HEPA Filters on Aircraft is a waste of time for this Virus as you will likely get it before the Air is cleaned based on where you are sat).

If that was the case we wouldn’t need to Social distance if the people we are distancing from don’t have it we have no requirement to distance.

people are asymptomatic so we don’t know who has it who doesn’t and folk have it have symptoms and still go out. 

social distancing therefore is not designed for folk who don’t have it  it’s simply one of a number of deterrents  doesn’t mean you won’t or can’t catch it but it will help reduce the probability  that’s it 

Edited by Escobarp