Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Guest Nordkurve
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The rest probably don’t give a fuck. 

So if the rest don't give a fuck, that means 52% want him gone and 48% don't or don't care. 52/48.Tthen he has to go right ? I seem to remember something else 52/48 a few years ago :)

Guest Nordkurve
Just now, Escobarp said:

If that was the case we wouldn’t need to Social distance if the people we are distancing from don’t have it we have no requirement to distance.

people are asymptomatic so we don’t know who has it who doesn’t and folk have it have symptoms and still go out. 

social distancing therefore is not designed for folk who don’t have it 

How do you work that out ? The Social Distancing rule is to try to limit the spread of the Virus. Asymptomatic people are not the same as people with "Symptoms" who shouldn't be out of isolation at all. There is nothing you can do about Asymptomatic people being around you, but the 2 Meter rule or whatever it is wherever you live will not protect you from someone whio is infected. Full Stop.

3 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

How do you work that out ? The Social Distancing rule is to try to limit the spread of the Virus. Asymptomatic people are not the same as people with "Symptoms" who shouldn't be out of isolation at all. There is nothing you can do about Asymptomatic people being around you, but the 2 Meter rule or whatever it is wherever you live will not protect you from someone whio is infected. Full Stop.

I said it is a deterrent. 
full stop

Guest Nordkurve
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I said it is a deterrent. 
full stop

This is from a fluid dynamicist at MIT:

“This cloud, in fact, changes everything about the dispersal of the drops that you don’t really see,” she says. The warm, moist exhaled air within the turbulent cloud has forward momentum from breathing, coughing or sneezing, carrying droplets of all sizes much farther than previously thought. In the case of a sneeze, droplets can travel up to eight meters (23 to 27 feet), Bourouiba reports March 26 in JAMA. That means even small droplets may spread throughout a room.

A deterrent to me is the same as trying to reduce the spread. You said that people who are not infected don't need to distance, but by defintion someone could be Asymptomatic, so you have to distance. Someone who has Symptoms shouldn't even be in the fucking Petrol Station in the first place, because 1: They should be in Isolation and 2: for the exact reason above regarding how far the droplets can spread. Sorry for the Full Stop before.

Forgot to add: That is the reason we have to wear Masks here in Shops, on Transport, in gatherings even with your own family (from outside your own home) because Masks are proven to lower the distance the droplets can spread.

Edited by Nordkurve

13 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

This is from a fluid dynamicist at MIT:

“This cloud, in fact, changes everything about the dispersal of the drops that you don’t really see,” she says. The warm, moist exhaled air within the turbulent cloud has forward momentum from breathing, coughing or sneezing, carrying droplets of all sizes much farther than previously thought. In the case of a sneeze, droplets can travel up to eight meters (23 to 27 feet), Bourouiba reports March 26 in JAMA. That means even small droplets may spread throughout a room.

A deterrent to me is the same as trying to reduce the spread. You said that people who are not infected don't need to distance, but by defintion someone could be Asymptomatic, so you have to distance. Someone who has Symptoms shouldn't even be in the fucking Petrol Station in the first place, because 1: They should be in Isolation and 2: for the exact reason above regarding how far the droplets can spread. Sorry for the Full Stop before.

Forgot to add: That is the reason we have to wear Masks here in Shops, on Transport, in gatherings even with your own family (from outside your own home) because Masks are proven to lower the distance the droplets can spread.

I accept all of that mate. 

but in reality folk are out there carrying the virus so social distancing is one of many measures to try and limit its spread. In reality unless we lockdown full stop til it’s dead that can’t happen. That’s all my point was mate 👍🏼

54 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

So if the rest don't give a fuck, that means 52% want him gone and 48% don't or don't care. 52/48.Tthen he has to go right ? I seem to remember something else 52/48 a few years ago :)

Most normal folk moved on from Brexit and Cummings indiscretions, except perhaps the FBPE mob, utter loons that they are. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There was a lot stuff being said at the time, about how far you could drive to take exercise.

Nothing was black and white, but officials were saying a short drive within your area was ok. Back to the common sense approach.

His short drive was to exercise his eyes

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Most folk who are happy to eat the shit fed to em want to move on from Cummings, utter loons that they are. 

Thats the most words you have ever got right in one post  :)

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I saw that bit where he said he was part of a team. I just wasn’t sure why he was being portrayed as “the person who makes the rules”. Thought I had missed something. 

turns out I hadn’t and I can disregard all these people saying he had 

thanks 

He would be involved in making the rules. He is Chief Adviser so if not playing a key role in developing the rules is not doing his job. 

Just now, Ani said:

He would be involved in making the rules. He is Chief Adviser so if not playing a key role in developing the rules is not doing his job. 

There’s a KEY difference though between someone who makes the rules and someone who has a key role as you well know 

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Most normal folk moved on from Brexit and Cummings indiscretions, except perhaps the FBPE mob, utter loons that they are. 

You mention ‘Cummings indiscretions’ are you saying Boris Gove and the rest are lying when they say there has been no indiscretions ? 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

You mention ‘Cummings indiscretions’ are you saying Boris Gove and the rest are lying when they say there has been no indiscretions ? 

He’s no idea 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

There’s a KEY difference though between someone who makes the rules and someone who has a key role as you well know 

But if you use that argument no one person is ever responsible for anything. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

But if you use that argument no one person is ever responsible for anything. 

That’s not true. We all have responsibilities and Need to be accountable. Right from the top to the bottom. 

still stands he doesn’t make the rules though. That’s all

i was trying to clarify that incorrect statement that forms the basis of a lot of peoples (very uneducated it appears) views 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That’s not true. We all have responsibilities and Need to be accountable. Right from the top to the bottom. 

i was trying to clarify that incorrect statement that forms the basis of a lot of peoples (very uneducated it appears) views 

Has anybody said cummings alone makes the rules

Send me the link?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t know, suspect they’re fudging the truth. I couldn’t care less to be honest. 

If it was any other party, you’d care. I guarantee it.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not sure if it makes much difference if he is breaking rules he wrote or rules he had a major influence on. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Not sure if it makes much difference if he is breaking rules he wrote or rules he had a major influence on. 

I’m just trying to establish whether he makes the rules or not. That’s been clarified now so thanks