Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Course we can, it’s a war of attrition 

On and on it goes 

In the meantime any strategy / policy he comes out with will just be overshadowed by the whole thing - why should anyone listen to a man who thinks he’s above the rules 

It’s what did for did for May in the end, even good policy’s like this social care stuff she tried to do were just damaged by her overall brand 

Even the spectator turned. 

Not a good look old bozza chap.

What ruba seems to missing is that with Cummings behind borris, the public and his peers have lost confidence. This will cause him and the tories huge, huge damage. 

Not sure how it works, but I wouldn’t mind there’ll be a revolt from his own party in the not too distant future. 

Cummings, by all accounts has fucked a lot of people over getting to where he is, now he fucked em all over big style. Those forced to defend won’t be happy and either will those with a spine who didn’t. 

Theyve fucked it. 

1 minute ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Of course it’s caused damage, nobody is saying it hasn’t.

as I said about 20 pages ago I’m sure Cummings will get his come uppance in due course.

It's not about that now.

That is what Gonzo, Birch and myself are trying to tell you.

Boris has been seen to be ineffectual, deceptive and weak. 

I get what ur trying to tell me.

Boris may have been seen to be those things by people who want to see him that way, like yourself, others will see him as being strong and supportive (😁)

to normal centrists like myself it’s no big deal, hence my first response to you.

the war of attrition continues but I don’t think uv gained as much as u seem to think

3 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

I get what ur trying to tell me.

Boris may have been seen to be those things by people who want to see him that way, like yourself, others will see him as being strong and supportive (😁)

to normal centrists like myself it’s no big deal, hence my first response to you.

the war of attrition continues but I don’t think uv gained as much as u seem to think

Well I’m a centrist, possibly not normal

And to me it’s a huge deal regards the government and my trust/belief in them

I reckon I’m far from alone

32 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It's not about that now.

That is what Gonzo, Birch and myself are trying to tell you.

Boris has been seen to be ineffectual, deceptive and weak. 

No he’s done what he wants to do. That’s far from weak. Pig headed yes but weak absolutely not. No other prime minister in modern times would have stood his ground like that. Nobody. Weak? You’re having a laugh 

59 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Even the spectator turned. 

Not a good look old bozza chap.

What ruba seems to missing is that with Cummings behind borris, the public and his peers have lost confidence. This will cause him and the tories huge, huge damage. 

Not sure how it works, but I wouldn’t mind there’ll be a revolt from his own party in the not too distant future. 

Cummings, by all accounts has fucked a lot of people over getting to where he is, now he fucked em all over big style. Those forced to defend won’t be happy and either will those with a spine who didn’t. 

Theyve fucked it. 

The Tories far from fucked it, take the poll tax and miners strike affairs, much, much bigger than the Cummings affair, and still they survived.

The Cummings affair barely registers with me, the deaths in care homes caused by a bad government decision does resonate, the Labour Party should be all over that decision and I’d back them 100%. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No he’s done what he wants to do. That’s far from weak. Pig headed yes but weak absolutely not. No other prime minister in modern times would have stood his ground like that. Nobody. Weak? You’re having a laugh 

That’s your interpretation 

he is “seen” to be weak by many, as the poster said

scared of Cummings; worried he’d struggle without him

rightly or wrongly, he is seen by some in that way. Your view doesn’t change how he’s viewed by others 

FTR I think he’s been weak since the start of Covid; starting with the u-turn on herd immunity due to public pressure  

4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

rightly or wrongly, he is seen by some in that way. Your view doesn’t change how he’s viewed by others 

FTR I think he’s been weak since the start of Covid; starting with the u-turn on herd immunity due to public pressure  

Yep👍

4 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

If I stick up for what I think is right then it must make me an apologist mick coz I’m not sticking up somebody else.

is it bad to be an apologist? 

Boris and Dom think any type of apology is bad it seems. 

19 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

If I stick up for what I think is right then it must make me an apologist mick coz I’m not sticking up somebody else.

is it bad to be an apologist? 

It’s not right though is it?

That’s  obvious to most people 

Edited by mickbrown

42 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Of course it’s my Interpretation and view. Why would I post anything but that?

Hes also “seen” to be Anything  but weak by a number of posters. 

and who said I was trying to change anyone’s views? Far from it. But thanks

and FTR I am becoming less and less impressed by the handling of this. It is starting to creak

Edited by Escobarp

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

and FTR I am becoming less and less impressed by the handling of this. It is starting to creak

It is starting to fall apart. 

If you see today South Korea reintroducing some lockdown what happens when we start to see spikes in the R rate? Which as we relax rules and people become more lax about following ? Does the Govt have the credibility to reintroduce targeted controls here ? 
I get you see Boris as strong standing by his staff but will potential rules breakers be more or less likely to break the rules ? The poll in the Daily Mail says they will. 

That is a situation Boris and Dom have created which is why the story won’t and should not go away. How the Govt tackles the virus has affect on the public’s response and as we are told in every briefing that impacts the R and affects how many people die. 

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t think you understand what I posted 

I never said he was seen only as weak, nor did I say you were attempting to “turn others”

I agree, some see him weak, some see him strong. Its not universal

The point was that It was you that scoffed at the notion that he was seen as weak...That is misjudging the mood of many.

* doesn’t mean they’re right

** doesn’t mean a number of people see him as the opposite 

FWIW my whole issue now is that this has become left v right, not right v wrong. Despite (IMO) many mistakes by govt, before the Cummings fiasco I was behind them as a whole and pissed off with the politics fuelled critique of them, at a time we should be pulling together...but the govt have absolutely fucked this and lost a lot of trust from “floaters” like me

My view is that Boris hoodwinked a few of us for a while that can turn either way; but now I’m reminded of the leopard who conned his way into his position and changed his stance on a pivotal matter just to further his career...once a yellow bellied lying cunt...

Edited by jules_darby