Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Members
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Jolly boys day out is keeping me going.  I’ve even decided I’m having a couple of liveners in bury before I get on the metro into manc if that’s where we are doing 

@Rudy we need to start formulating a plan. No riff raff and no lonsdale. 

Kin’ell that’s 90% of the invited

38 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I think the only number that has remained consistent, factual and not open to manipulations is the daily number of hospitalisations. Problem is by the time that starts going up it's already too late.

Everything else you can cherry pick what you like, pretty much. If 9 studies going to SAGE say that R is just below one, and one say it's just above, you can use that one to urge caution.

Similarly, the ONS data on new infections say that there are 5k new cases every day. The PHE/Oxford study has it at 17k in England alone and (according to the guy running it) all the other estimates going into SAGE are even higher. But if you're Matt Hancock you take the lowest number and announce that to the nation.

As I've said before, ultimately cases/deaths will go up or they won't, regardless of who's spinning what figures. But the fact a government study reckons that R is above 1 in places and daily numbers of new cases are over 17k, is enough for me to suggest we should be treading very carefully - regardless of what other numbers are available

5k new infections a day means roughly 25-40 deaths a day down the line.  17k means 85-135. I reckon we're nearer to 17k personally, but we'll see in a few weeks. The protests over the weekend will perversely be a good test of where we are at and how much difference distancing makes to the infection rate.

Just now, peelyfeet said:

5k new infections a day means roughly 25-40 deaths a day down the line.  17k means 85-135. I reckon we're nearer to 17k personally, but we'll see in a few weeks. The protests over the weekend will perversely be a good test of where we are at and how much difference distancing makes to the infection rate.

So allowing them to go ahead could be classed as an experiment of sorts? If it proves to be that the virus is still highly infectious and widespread then worst case (or best case) several of the rent a mob “look at my Instagram video” protestors die off? Genius 

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Kids need to go back to School not just for Educational reasons but for social reasons, parents need to go back to work, where it is safe to do so, single parents with kids at home must, by now, be absolutely at their wits end, this is storing up massive mental health problems for everybody.

Local schools, Heads, Governors, Teachers need to find a way to get Schools up and running and be more pro-active, it’s obvious some can’t be arsed,

The Unions are trying to say Teachers will need another 6 weeks off at the normal end of the school year, ffs

Another six weeks? Or the normal six weeks they get every year?

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

So allowing them to go ahead could be classed as an experiment of sorts? If it proves to be that the virus is still highly infectious and widespread then worst case (or best case) several of the rent a mob “look at my Instagram video” protestors die off? Genius 

They were mainly youngsters so it's more likely to be their old relatives and old people / malnourished lonsdale wearers who they breathe on in shops that'll cop for it. 

Have you seen these. 

https://www.balenciaga.com/gb/zen-shoes_cod11838354cb.html?tp=62535&targetid=pla-902318483880&location=1007230&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4r-Lr7ny6QIVxbHtCh0pdwjREAQYASABEgKxOvD_BwE

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They were mainly youngsters so it's more likely to be their old relatives and old people / malnourished lonsdale wearers who they breathe on in shops that'll cop for it. 

Have you seen these. 

https://www.balenciaga.com/gb/zen-shoes_cod11838354cb.html?tp=62535&targetid=pla-902318483880&location=1007230&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4r-Lr7ny6QIVxbHtCh0pdwjREAQYASABEgKxOvD_BwE

Yep seen them. All Their trainers are utterly honking. 

see that’s where this is wrong. It should be these cunts who die of covid not innocent old folk.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Another six weeks? Or the normal six weeks they get every year?

The six weeks they get in a normal year,  only problem is this is not a normal year

School year ends on 17th July, if Teachers get six weeks from then, new school starts 7th Sept. that means some kids will not have had any schooling for 24 weeks, half a year

If schools don’t get up a running with a workable system now by the time they go back in September it will be another shit show, it could be Christmas before they get on top of it, but if you think they’re entitled to a nice break in August crack on

7 hours ago, Ani said:

It was the 70s mate. A different time. 

Indeed, listen to the lyrics of 'Blockbuster' by 'The Sweet'* - celebrating the life of their handsome, yet also paedophilic roadie, Buster. They not only escaped censure they took the tune to No. 1 - capped with an appearance on a Savile presented Top of the Pops.

* On legal advice I point out none of the actual  band members of The Sweet have ever had, nor been suspected of, sexual misconduct (with) or molestation (of) minors.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:
SAGE vs SAGE

Changing your mind/admitting a mistake given the chance to comment with the benefit of hindsight. It'll never catch on.

Take a position, double down on it, edit an old blog to make it look like you predicted everything, say you're proud of the results.

No scientists at the briefing today again.

36 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Indeed, listen to the lyrics of 'Blockbuster' by 'The Sweet'* - celebrating the life of their handsome, yet also paedophilic roadie, Buster. They not only escaped censure they took the tune to No. 1 - capped with an appearance on a Savile presented Top of the Pops.

* On legal advice I point out none of the actual  band members of The Sweet have ever had, nor been suspected of, sexual misconduct (with) or molestation (of) minors.

I read a while ago that the song was about Jimmy Saville as a lot in industry knew about his antics way back then. Reading the lyrics it makes sense but your theory could easily be correct

• Site Supporter

These days

These days

You're not allowed to have an opinion, then realise at some point that maybe you were wrong and -having done some research and investigating - may wish to alter your views.

These days, once you’ve picked your side, you fucking well stay there and defend your trench with the stubbornness and determination of a frothy-mouthed zealot.

These days

Changing your mind is considered weak, feeble, backing down.

These days

Dont you dare admit you have altered your opinion.

These days.

Fuck it, open everything again and carry on as normal, after what I've just witnessed it's apparent that 90% of this country couldn't give a freshly wet wank rag about this virus anymore. Just been to AB asda after she moaned at me that the fridge and cupboards were empty, I couldn't put it off anymore . I've been largely in my own little bubble for the last couple of week, me and her both furloughed and been avoiding a lot of the virus reporting and social media as it can get too much, I was naively still under the impression we were keeping out of each others way. Fuck me, the amount of mouth breathing morons fully leaning over me and each other to grab shit from shelves was a fucking disgrace, not one fuck given by any one in there. Fuck em, let em all catch it, idiots.

Now pass me that Elvis juice and a spliff 😭😭

17 minutes ago, boogs said:

Fuck it, open everything again and carry on as normal, after what I've just witnessed it's apparent that 90% of this country couldn't give a freshly wet wank rag about this virus anymore. Just been to AB asda after she moaned at me that the fridge and cupboards were empty, I couldn't put it off anymore . I've been largely in my own little bubble for the last couple of week, me and her both furloughed and been avoiding a lot of the virus reporting and social media as it can get too much, I was naively still under the impression we were keeping out of each others way. Fuck me, the amount of mouth breathing morons fully leaning over me and each other to grab shit from shelves was a fucking disgrace, not one fuck given by any one in there. Fuck em, let em all catch it, idiots.

Now pass me that Elvis juice and a spliff 😭😭

Have a look on Asda's site. It's been a bit easier recently to book deliveries, at least if you can do it some time in advance.  I got a delivery today and it comes with the bonus substitution items which are no feckin use to anyone.

2 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Have a look on Asda's site. It's been a bit easier recently to book deliveries, at least if you can do it some time in advance.  I got a delivery today and it comes with the bonus substitution items which are no feckin use to anyone.

Will have a look next time, cheers, always been reluctant about the deliveries for some reason. 

I've calmed down a touch now 😁 the rage in my post was probably exaggerated slightly as when pulling the shopping out the boot a handle on one of the bags snapped smashing 2 bottles of Aspalls on the drive. That pissed me off a tad, haha.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I see Barry Gardiner went on one of these illegal marches.

What the fuck is going on- MPs from all over the place fucking off rules in many different ways.

Maybe he was checking his eyesight.

Aye Kier Starmer said he was wrong to be there. 

Traffic jams, busy high streets - today is just like a normal day out there. With the announcement that there have been no deaths in London, I expect it’ll get even busier.

But again, if I was back home I wouldn’t be acting like everything is getting better, certainly not for a good few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Aye Kier Starmer said he was wrong to be there. 

Not seen anything about it and wouldn’t read it anyway. But can someone confirm if the media are camped outside the guys door demanding his job? Just out of interest