Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

You did say ‘it is time we took our chances that is what they have done in America’ 

Which does sound like saying we should what America have done. In fact it does say that. 😁😁

I did. Because that’s what we’re doing.

Let’s be honest, 90% of folk have gone back to the way they were in January. Seeing mates, going here there and everywhere. That’s not just folk flouting the rules, that’s the rules being wishy washy bollocks.

All my elderly relatives are gone now anyway, and I’m happy to risk it, so get the fucking pubs open, send me a season ticket and it’ll be like this never happened.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

I did. Because that’s what we’re doing.

Let’s be honest, 90% of folk have gone back to the way they were in January. Seeing mates, going here there and everywhere. That’s not just folk flouting the rules, that’s the rules being wishy washy bollocks.

All my elderly relatives are gone now anyway, and I’m happy to risk it, so get the fucking pubs open, send me a season ticket and it’ll be like this never happened.

Far too many folk have not followed guidance, however it's still a million miles away from what it used to be.

Weirdly, I'm coming around to Spider's way of thinking.

I'd rather get the cases/deaths right down, but the events of the last few weeks (from Durdle Door to Cummings to protests to illegal raves to people piling into the Nike store) show that to be a bit of a pipedream.

Might as well have the policy be reflective of what's actually happening, and instead focus on trying to get people wearing masks and staying 1m clear.

Another thing that would be worth publicising would be what we think we know about the long term effects. Framing it as 1% die vs 99% survive (even though 1% of everyone is a very big number) is potentially giving people a false sense of their chances of being seriously affected.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/covid-health-effects

• Site Supporter

Apologies if this has been posted before , missed a few pages but, this sounds promising to me, obviously needs to work but they reckon they’ll find out soon and are making it now for when the trial is over and say they’ll have it by September.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/13/coronavirus-vaccine-europe-s-inclusive-vaccines-alliance-strikes-giant-agreement-with-astr

• Members

My mate works in the arndale and has just sent me a picture of inside it, it looks like a busy Saturday. She said there’s more without face coverings than with and people aren’t necessarily keeping their distance.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My mate works in the arndale and has just sent me a picture of inside it, it looks like a busy Saturday. She said there’s more without face coverings than with and people aren’t necessarily keeping their distance.

Anyone going shopping today wants their bumps feeling.

Corona Monday!

Bolton town centre was very busy at 10 am, I saw a woman  with 6 primarks bags so they must be open.Only about half the shops on Newport St  who could open had opened.Rymans, WH Smith, Campcraft, William Hill and all the charity shops on the precinct were some of those still shut.

31 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I sighed when i saw the massive queue outside Tesco this morning, then I noticed it was for the Sport's Direct part which is housed in the same building, Tesco was empty and waltzed round today.

Got visions of you now in dancing shoes and a penguin suit doing the waltz 😂😂

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I'm surprised somebody who claims to be as literal as you sees a problem with what she's said, as she hasn't met him😁

Surely, she would have said she hadn't met him....as in the past tense....same with she wouldn't know if he was a racist.....past tense 😊

Shuts Ginger up too 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm surprised somebody who claims to be as literal as you sees a problem with what she's said, as she hasn't met him😁

😂😂 she’s right that she hasn’t met him. I will give you that.

The fact anyone is interviewing someone with an iq of that “apparent” level leads on to a plethora of other questions 😁