Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I think it probably is the right time to give it a go. As some bloke just said on Newsnight, to open up carries a risk that the virus takes off again. To not open up guarantees severe hardship economically and for a different set of health reasons.

Also, these measures aren't coming in today - if things keep up at the rate we're going cases should be at 500-600 a day in a couple of weeks. 50ish deaths. Still be the highest in Europe mind.

I also think the SNP seem to have quite a clever game going. If cases shoot up in England while it's virtually eradicated up there, they can argue to close the border (permanently?). If they don't then they can open up knowing it's safe.

Edited by Tombwfc

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Haha. I think I had Joe bloggs jeans on. There was an off licence on Nevill street, called Sandhu's, only place me and my mates could get served when we were 14. I'd had about 3 cans of Hoffmeister and was pissed as a twat. Met some girls by the marina, and the rest is history. Had to get the last train back to Parbold, never saw her again. Did you see her?

Was she a scouser with massive tits ? Saw loads of them walking round.

Just now, Tombwfc said:

I think it probably is the right time to give it a go. As some bloke just said on Newsnight, to open up carries a risk that the virus takes off again. To not open up guarantees severe hardship economically and for a different set of health reasons.

Also, these measures aren't coming in today - if things keep up at the rate we're going cases should be at 500-600 a day in a couple of weeks. 50ish deaths. Still be the highest in Europe mind.

I also think the SNP have got quite a clever game going. If cases shoot up in England while it's virtually eradicated up there, they can argue to close the border (permanently?). If they don't then they can open up knowing it's safe.

Yep they have to give it a go, see what happens and lockdown regionally and reintroduce certain restrictions if required.

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Traf said:

- Hairdressers can open, beauty salons can't.
- Cinemas can open, gyms can't.
- Pubs and restaurants can open, swimming pools & water parks can't.

How is that confusing? It's quite simple.

Even stranger, cinemas can open, theatres can’t. What’s the difference other that on-stage live action?

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Even stranger, cinemas can open, theatres can’t. What’s the difference other that on-stage live action?

The on-stage live action is the reason they have stated they cant open yet. They can open if they are going to play a recorded performance though

55 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Theatres and Gym's both involve people expelling droplets, either during exercise or via the actors projecting their voices into the audience.  Whereas once people are distanced in a cinema they're hopefully* keeping their mouths shut and watching the film.

The choir meet in Washington State will have had an impact on these decisions. Enclosed spaces with people shouting, singing or declaiming sonnets are likely excellent opportunities for mass spreading events. Likewise gym classes.

There was a guy from Total Fitness on before complaining, but the decision looks common sense to me. 

*as if

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Same reason as singing in churches is still not allowed, as they're basically spraying their phlegm everywhere when singing,/speaking

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The transport secretary says more news on travel corridors on the 29 June. I doubt TUI and Jet 2 are glad to be waiting till next Monday!

More job losses at Jet 2 today.

They've also just pulled a load f routes from their schedules, meaning more holiday cancellations.