Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find them- maybe you can hire the footy lads😀

Well our lot certainly won’t be at any football for the foreseeable....

Rent-a-Mob

2 hours ago, Spider said:

How the fuck are care homes still getting Covid deaths?

They should all be well clear by now surely? They’ve been on shielding lockdown for monthsz

Something doesn’t add up.

They don't have to test for covid for it to go on the death certificate. Just suspected covid. 

Any fucker popping it now... Aye suspected covid, less paperwork, back int garden ont ale. 

That was the case a few weeks ago. Probably the same now but can't be arsed checking. 

So they can blame the government when all the neglect And mistreatment claims come in from the families after the staff have been doing tik tok videos rather than changing shitty nappies and looking after folk. Heard it here first 

nhs can’t be far behind with all the people denied cancer treatments etc. my mums scans and appointments get cancelled weekly because of “covid”. Place is fucking empty. You can hear the sound of the saline drips it’s that’s quiet. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

So they can blame the government when all the neglect And mistreatment claims come in from the families after the staff have been doing tik tok videos rather than changing shitty nappies and looking after folk. Heard it here first 

nhs can’t be far behind with all the people denied cancer treatments etc. my mums scans and appointments get cancelled weekly because of “covid”. Place is fucking empty. You can hear the sound of the saline drips it’s that’s quiet. 

There’ll be a shit load of blame being flung about when this is all over. Correction. A shit load more. Rather than look at the bigger picture some folk will look for a scapegoat 

MiL had her chemo stopped. Too risky. Too many people in a confined space in a hotbed of viruses when visiting the hospital. As it was, as you know, she caught Covid, and died. She caught it after a visit to Royal Oldham

I blame no-one. Chemo patients are pretty much the highest risk groups you can get. Fucking horrible decisions have had to be made. Stop the chemo and risk the cancer nabbing the patient or bring them in and risk Covid. Folk have to realise that

The other side of the company I work for deals with cancer. It’s on its arse. Nowt sold for months. Thankfully the CEO is a pragmatist and accepts the situation

Best wishes to your mum pal. If you’re down in Bury and fancy a couple of hours break from it all and a beer you’re always welcome. Anytime. You know where I am. No notice needed 

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There’ll be a shit load of blame being flung about when this is all over. Correction. A shit load more. Rather than look at the bigger picture some folk will look for a scapegoat 

MiL had her chemo stopped. Too risky. Too many people in a confined space in a hotbed of viruses when visiting the hospital. As it was, as you know, she caught Covid, and died. She caught it after a visit to Royal Oldham

I blame no-one. Chemo patients are pretty much the highest risk groups you can get. Fucking horrible decisions have had to be made. Stop the chemo and risk the cancer nabbing the patient or bring them in and risk Covid. Folk have to realise that

The other side of the company I work for deals with cancer. It’s on its arse. Nowt sold for months. Thankfully the CEO is a pragmatist and accepts the situation

Best wishes to your mum pal. If you’re down in Bury and fancy a couple of hours break from it all and a beer you’re always welcome. Anytime. You know where I am. No notice needed 

Thanks pal much appreciated. I will take you up on that offer maybe next week if. It the week after. Will drop you a text 👍🏻

• Members
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Doesn’t help much mate but give my thoughts to your mam. Just give us a buzz if you’re around and fancy a pint to blow off the steam 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Spider said:

How the fuck are care homes still getting Covid deaths?

They should all be well clear by now surely? They’ve been on shielding lockdown for monthsz

Something doesn’t add up.

Staff going in with it maybe?

Would guess not all staff can/have been staying on site. Especially for all this time.

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Staff going in with it maybe?

Would guess not all staff can/have been staying on site. Especially for all this time.

Ok. So why not have mandatory tests for all care home staff. 
I am confused:worried about situation at moment it seems away from controlled and folk are doing as much possible to increase risk. 

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

They don't have to test for covid for it to go on the death certificate. Just suspected covid. 

Any fucker popping it now... Aye suspected covid, less paperwork, back int garden ont ale. 

That was the case a few weeks ago. Probably the same now but can't be arsed checking. 

The daily death numbers are all people who've tested positive.

Just catching up with todays scenes - Liverpool, Harrow Road, scrapping on beaches etc. There's going to be one hell of a blame game if this goes south again. Hopefully the virus understands 'well if they're not sticking to the rules, why should we?'.

Edited by Tombwfc

Thousands causing chaos in Liverpool. More aggro at street parties in Nottinghill.

Meanwhile My land can’t go to school, which means my wife can’t go to work. 

He can play football today though with 10 others kids.

• Members
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thousands causing chaos in Liverpool. More aggro at street parties in Nottinghill.

Mate it’s ridiculous absolutely ridiculous. There must be 50,000 in Liverpool last night, all on helium canisters, beaches are all open but can’t put my little un in nursery. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Ani said:

Ok. So why not have mandatory tests for all care home staff. 
I am confused:worried about situation at moment it seems away from controlled and folk are doing as much possible to increase risk. 

You need to ask the medical experts, Whitty et al.

If they're happy with 2 weeks that fine.

Remember, they can have a test, go home and contract the virus from a surface in a shop on the way.

Nothing is perfect.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I know what you are saying.

But if your gripe is with the schools, it’s misplaced. They’re open, teachers are working, delivering lessons to those both in and out of school.

They’ve had to write 200 page risk assessments and change the environment of the school to keep kids 2m apart and put in a whole host of measures to ensure risk is at a minimum.

Anybody with kids has been massively inconvenienced and has the worry of how this has affected their children and families.  

But as frustrating as it is for us all, just because Liverpool fans, beach lovers, BLM protesters and general knobheads can’t stick to the rules it doesn’t mean schools can sack it off suddenly and say let’s bring back all the kids.

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, desperado said:

I know what you are saying.

But if your gripe is with the schools, it’s misplaced. They’re open, teachers are working, delivering lessons to those both in and out of school.

They’ve had to write 200 page risk assessments and change the environment of the school to keep kids 2m apart and put in a whole host of measures to ensure risk is at a minimum.

Anybody with kids has been massively inconvenienced and has the worry of how this has affected their children and families.  

But as frustrating as it is for us all, just because Liverpool fans, beach lovers, BLM protesters and general knobheads can’t stick to the rules it doesn’t mean schools can sack it off suddenly and say let’s bring back all the kids.

It’s 1m

• Site Supporter
Just now, desperado said:

And schools are progressively taking in more children as the rules/guidance changes

It just makes my shit itch when you see daily life at absolute normal all around you but my kids are stuck at home for another 10 weeks.

Theyll be thick as whale shit

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Mate it’s ridiculous absolutely ridiculous. There must be 50,000 in Liverpool last night, all on helium canisters, beaches are all open but can’t put my little un in nursery. 

We can

She goes back Thurs / Fri this week

Has been an option since start of June

We wanted Mon / Tues / Weds but it's full

The school in the same building still shut though

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Scotland - 0

Northern Ireland - 1

Wales - 2

England - 183

When people talk about the new normal it appears to be trying to carry on like before, with a bit of distancing and organisation whilst between 100-200 a day die

What are the daily death tolls across Europe like in comparison?

• Members
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

We can

She goes back Thurs / Fri this week

Has been an option since start of June

We wanted Mon / Tues / Weds but it's full

The school in the same building still shut though

Ours is for key workers kids only 

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

When people talk about the new normal it appears to be trying to carry on like before, with a bit of distancing and organisation whilst between 100-200 a day die

What are the daily death tolls across Europe like in comparison?

Spain been in single figures for a while.

We'll soon sort em out with experts via benidorm