Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Strange phenomenon with excess deaths. Dropped below average for the UK now. However Scotland's figures are still higher than normal.

Presumably this is due to a lag on the availability of the statistics.

As for Leicester- I see the usuals playing the blame game 

Therefore I'll point out that Joe Anderson decided not to open Liverpool's schools at the time when others were: a proactive step from the mayor maybe.

Perhaps Leicester's mayor could have done similarly with regard to reopening.

Too busy doing a 'Cummings'

Shagging

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Strange phenomenon with excess deaths. Dropped below average for the UK now. However Scotland's figures are still higher than normal.

Presumably this is due to a lag on the availability of the statistics.

As for Leicester- I see the usuals playing the blame game 

Therefore I'll point out that Joe Anderson decided not to open Liverpool's schools at the time when others were: a proactive step from the mayor maybe.

Perhaps Leicester's mayor could have done similarly with regard to reopening.

Is it not better if local authorities take the advice given to them by the government at face value? Especially when they don't have access to all the data? Boris's contribution to the last two PMQs has largely been him banging his fist and screeching that it's safe for kids to be back in school.

Up until late last week, the only data on new cases Soulsby had would've told him that Leicester had had 80 cases in the previous two weeks. Not 900+.

• Site Supporter

Joe Anderson didn't take it at face value, he made a decision that he felt was right.

Interesting that you've got some additional data there- if you can see it couldn't he?

Or at least approach the authorities?

Moreover, this just proves my point: the blame game is unhelpful, and irresponsible.

If people are wary of ridiculous amounts of scrutiny (often with bias or incorrect information) then there's a danger they will be reluctant to make decisions, or look to hide them if it transpires a better alternative was available.

Now is not the time.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Is it not better if local authorities take the advice given to them by the government at face value? Especially when they don't have access to all the data? Boris's contribution to the last two PMQs has largely been him banging his fist and screeching that it's safe for kids to be back in school.

Up until late last week, the only data on new cases Soulsby had would've told him that Leicester had had 80 cases in the previous two weeks. Not 900+.

Out

Of

• Site Supporter

In simpleton terms

And I might be wrong

Is that fellow on Twitter saying that the reported "confirmed cases" by the govt. are just ones done in hospitals?

They are not "openly" reporting the confirmed cases from tests taken everywhere else?

If so, that is absolutely fucking rank.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

In simpleton terms

And I might be wrong

Is that fellow on Twitter saying that the reported "confirmed cases" by the govt. are just ones done in hospitals?

They are not "openly" reporting the confirmed cases from tests taken everywhere else?

If so, that is absolutely fucking rank.

I don’t think that is correct

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A lot of the reporting of figures changed once the statistics authority (whatever they're called) gave the government a slap on the wrist over the nature of some of the figures.

ONS (office of national statistics?)

Interesting point made on BBC breakfast this morning when interviewing Hancock about the government wanting to put out the highest figure in relation to tests. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I don’t think that is correct

So what are the two pillars then?

Genuinely don’t know.

Ive assumed the government would give the full figure every day. Why hold some back????