Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Would be better to hold his hands up and say we got it wrong and we should of done much better. 

Yep.

He's been an absolute gobbin. Irrespective of whatever context they want to put it into, it was crass and disrespectful.

Some major bridge building needed. Could start with a statement in parliament to explain himself.

Same day as some tremendous work from Raab, which has seen cross party congratulations, which will now disappear from view.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

He's been an absolute gobbin. Irrespective of whatever context they want to put it into, it was crass and disrespectful.

Some major bridge building needed. Could start with a statement in parliament to explain himself.

Same day as some tremendous work from Raab, which has seen cross party congratulations, which will now disappear from view.

You can see Sunak v Starmer next election, only 1 winner of that and it won’t be Starmer. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You can see Sunak v Starmer next election, only 1 winner of that and it won’t be Starmer. 

Possibly. I said ages ago, I could see Boris riding off into the sunset once Brexit is sorted, but if he leaves an additional legacy of bad taste then it makes life all that more difficult for his successor.

I've thought since that he wants to be around longer, as he looks to shape the economy and society, but he's going to have to think more before opening his gob if he wants to achieve that.

Like Arsene Wenger writing big Sam's team talk before the game this comment.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Melbourne locked down for at least the next six weeks.

on the back of 191 cases.

It's winter there (not freezing though) and seems to be spreading at a rapid rate, which doesn't bode well for us if there's no cure by autmn.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Melbourne locked down for at least the next six weeks.

Girl I know based there was on the wrong side of the border/cut off point by one house, so she's a bit gutted

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone fancy rustling me up a risk assessment for covid for my company and send it me in pdf form so I can simply forward it on?

thanks in advance:)

I can email you one in word form so you can adapt it?

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

on the back of 191 cases.

It's winter there (not freezing though) and seems to be spreading at a rapid rate, which doesn't bode well for us if there's no cure by autmn.

It's hard to make comparisons, given the differences in population size and density, but in the country as a whole they've recorded three deaths from the virus since the 21st May. 106 overall. We'll report more than that today.

Better to overreact than be slow off the mark I suppose.

Good comments from the head of govt in Melbourne that I think a few over here should note

“We have to be clear with each other that this is not over," Andrews said. "And pretending that it is because we all want it to be over is not the answer. It is indeed part of the problem. A very big part of the problem.”

Been planning a nationwide campervan trip. so me and my gf both jacked our jobs and apartment in. My job got so toxic I didn't even finish my notice period.

So yesterday they shut the NSW border. Today South Australia likewise, and then Melbourne announces a lockdown.

22nd July, we're jobless, homeless and candidates for becoming feral. 

I've had better starts to a week.