Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

32 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I would agree. And yes there are going to be people like this girl who don’t want calories highlighted etc but they are a minority and it’s easy enough to avoid it. Just don’t look! It’s just another example of someone getting airtime on the news as the MSM try and belittle what is a very positive initiative. 

The best way to lose weight is have half a gram of whizz twice a week. Weight drops off like nobodies business.

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Had a few beers and just been to pick Chinese up for the wife, totally forgetting about a mask. The johnny fold regulars present looked at me like I was the lowest of the low, it'll be burned into my psyche forever.

Masks don’t need to be worn in takeaways here. Confusion I hear you say 🤯

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ban them energy drinks, red bull and the like, i see kids going to school in the morning necking that stuff, they won't have any teeth left by year 10.

We don't do enough to educate kids and their parents with regards to diet, fitness and healthy living, and it doesn't help that there are fast food joints everywhere. And Boris is correct in saying as a society we need to do more to tackle obesity, perhaps give Tom Watson a role as advisor, that bloke has done brilliant from where he was.

I reckon there is more information about diet and the good and the bad than there has ever been.

On the other side there is also more choice of shite than ever before too. A society that seems to rush around at an ever increasing pace seemingly needing a quick fix on the go.

Politically,  it probably goes against Boris' instincts to have state interference in diet etc, however he's been on the receiving end and when the financial costs to the country via the NHS etc are weighed in too, you can understand his changing stance.

One thing that did occur in lockdown was people having more time to grow, prepare and cook quality food for themselves.

Couple that with visibly more joggers and cyclists and we could be onto a winner.

Whether that continues, we'll have to see.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Masks don’t need to be worn in takeaways here. Confusion I hear you say 🤯

What about in pubs. Or supermarkets?

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

kinell, is that right?

Need to down south, but not if you're eating in.

Any more nicola-isms I need to know about before we arrive? 🤔

Yep it’s true don’t need to be worn in takeaways. I went in one last week and still wore mine and will continue to do so. 

she’s releasing some new stuff this Thursday coming so keep an eye out for that   

she refused to allow no quarantine for Spain so jet 2 cancelled all Spanish flights from Scotland for rest of year (i think). She said too high risk and it was right thing to do. Week later she cancels it and says Spain is ok you can come and go. Never mind only caused several job losses hen. 

it’s just so political and she makes it obvious by constantly openly stating nothing she is doing is driven by politics. The lady doth protest too much 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

good points, but i asked the question to a few friends.

"During lockdown, do you think the majority of people Lost, maintained or put on weight" ...from what ive seen its definitely the latter. Although there are quite a few who have taken advantage of lockdown and changed their lifestyle for the better.

And fuck Jamie Oliver, that cunt just pours Olive Oil over everything.

But from a Covid perspective, folk need to look after themselves a lot more, that should really be enough of an incentive.

It should indeed. Interesting that about weight gain- reckon that's boredom drinking. 

• Site Supporter

Quick look around the local village shops whilst getting a few essentials and a lovely whist pie and everyone bar one had a mask on who I saw. The lad in question was in the chippy and stood right back from everyone, I know his parents and he has bad asthma so fair enough.

On mask watch I did my first train journey into manc since March yesterday. Most people wore masks but on the 6.45am train there were about 8 people and not many more on the way back at 1pm 

Same in B&M fucking bargains today. Mrs 'were only popping in for 1 thing'... Bull shit. 

Ill oblige wearing my Charles Tyrwhitt mask when in shops but its coming off as soon as I'm out of the door. 

Spoke to a supplier this week. People are returning to the office on rotas (who could work from home) and have to wear masks apart from having a drink or eating their lunch... Fuck. That! 

Guest Nordkurve
18 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Because it’s my fucking opinion opinion helmut that’s why!!

same as when I’m stuck on the m1 in 20 miles of standing traffic people will say Jesus mate I couldn’t do that for a job that’s grim. I say it’s alright I’m used to it 

now please fuck off 😁

I refer you to the post from Kent White:

Anyone complaining about wearing a mask is a massive fanny

....and don't call me helmut. It's Helmut ya Sweaty Sock.

:) :) :) 

Guest Nordkurve
13 hours ago, stevieb said:

On mask watch I did my first train journey into manc since March yesterday. Most people wore masks but on the 6.45am train there were about 8 people and not many more on the way back at 1pm 

Same in B&M fucking bargains today. Mrs 'were only popping in for 1 thing'... Bull shit. 

Ill oblige wearing my Charles Tyrwhitt mask when in shops but its coming off as soon as I'm out of the door. 

Spoke to a supplier this week. People are returning to the office on rotas (who could work from home) and have to wear masks apart from having a drink or eating their lunch... Fuck. That! 

We are also going back to wearing Masks pretty much everywhere at work now. It was only in meetings and working in close contact less than 1.5 Meters before. Even that meant around 6 or 7 hours of my 12 hour shift each day having to wear a Mask. The new infections level here are next to zero, but the Company is concerned about Flight Crews who are coming in from places that still have High infection rates. Specifically mentioned are UK (East Midlands), Israel (Tel Aviv) and in the U.S from every place we fly from. I think any city in India was also mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Where’s that from?

Mounts won’t be happy. Nor my folks.

It is ridiculous, the issues are in Catalonia 1000km from where we stay, anyhow nowt you can do about it, more flight refunds I’ll be waiting 6 months or more for. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It is ridiculous, the issues are in Catalonia 1000km from where we stay, anyhow nowt you can do about it, more flight refunds I’ll be waiting 6 months or more for. 

Why will there be refunds?

Nobody is saying you can't go