Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Gyms shut up here til sept 14th.  That in itself is a huge indicator I feel. 

Hugely different up here. Went to a farm shop for veg. Kinell, had to wait outside until a trolley was available. Trolleys dictated numbers allowed in shop. Huge tub of hand wash outside and wash for trolley handles. Signs everywhere, floor arrows, and not a person in any shop without a mask.

Far more stringent generally and still staff outside some of the bigger places controlling numbers. Far better adherence from the public.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hugely different up here. Went to a farm shop for veg. Kinell, had to wait outside until a trolley was available. Trolleys dictated numbers allowed in shop. Huge tub of hand wash outside and wash for trolley handles. Signs everywhere, floor arrows, and not a person in any shop without a mask.

Far more stringent generally and still staff outside some of the bigger places controlling numbers. Far better adherence from the public.

Reflected in case numbers. Jimmy hasn’t been perfect but she’s done a better job for sure 

35 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Went to the shop earlier and nobody in there was wearing a face mask apart from me 😂

Like that when I go in the co-op near us. I'd say its about 75-25 in favour of none wearers but yesterday I was the only fucker in there with one on. I ended up feeling the dick head for having one on. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Reflected in case numbers. Jimmy hasn’t been perfect but she’s done a better job for sure 

She's done well, but there does seem to be a greater willingness and respect amongst the public.

Doesn't matter whether people think the powers that be have done well, they still should conform to the basic risk reduction methods.

Perhaps it is different in the big two cities, I don't know, but in Dumfries and Galloway with small towns and rural communities it certainly is noticeable how folk stick to the rules.

8 minutes ago, boogs said:

Like that when I go in the co-op near us. I'd say its about 75-25 in favour of none wearers but yesterday I was the only fucker in there with one on. I ended up feeling the dick head for having one on. 

Was the first time I've been in one since it became the rule. Happy I did as there was a couple of grubby looking bagheads in. Bloke on the til wasn't wearing one too, just gloves.

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just been corner shop no masks and too many in, Nice guy but the local scrotes take the piss and he flogs them a fair amount of Stella & special brew so he won’t rock the boat

but no doubt this is like most places it’s not worth the hassle for some 

Hope your not drinking Special Brew on a Thursday mate, slippery slope that one 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Fucking hell - I've opened this is a non secure browser. I dread to think what the Facebook advertising algorithm is going to make of it!

I opened the link on the gazebo thread and had loads of advertising for the poor mans tent since. I’m staying off Facebook for a while.

16 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I opened the link on the gazebo thread and had loads of advertising for the poor mans tent since. I’m staying off Facebook for a while.

On 23/06/2020 at 13:58, ZicoKelly said:

MSM is a code word like P2PBSH

so if you see / hear someone using it, beware

I Googled that last month thanks to Zico. I'm still expecting a knock at the door :D

Edited by deane koontz

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

What's the conclusion? And is this recent data or from april?

It's from PHE, but I don't have a date.

I'm generally leaving it to people to draw their own conclusions. However, it looks clear that the risk is greater with age and really obvious that most of those who have died (until that date) had other health issues.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

It's from PHE, but I don't have a date.

I'm generally leaving it to people to draw their own conclusions. However, it looks clear that the risk is greater with age and really obvious that most of those who have died (until that date) had other health issues.

Catch up, that's been the conclusion since day one, care homes and all that

I suppose it might be of comfort to younger people with no other health issues though i hope they don't conclude they can crack on as normal

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

I suppose it might be of comfort to younger people with no other health issues though i hope they don't conclude they can crack on as normal

It's been clear from very early; keep the populations apart.

But, we did a full lockdown, which people, some more than others, were happy to go along with.

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

But, we did a full lockdown, which people, some more than others, were happy to go along with.

Were the people complicit in letting themselves be conned?

• Moderators
Just now, boltondiver said:

We really didn't, maybe compared to Sweden but not to most other countries, see today's excess death stats from the ONS

As for keeping the populations apart and the death tolls in the elderly, it looks like the government played their part in that too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-53574265

14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

It’s easy to think it won’t happen to me and even if it does I’ll be ok.

The most important thing now for everyone, whatever age, is to control it.

If everyone sticks to the advice (whether they trust it or not) we can all get back to some form of normality. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s easy to think it won’t happen to me and even if it does I’ll be ok.

The most important thing now for everyone, whatever age, is to control it.

If everyone sticks to the advice (whether they trust it or not) we can all get back to some form of normality. 

I agree, the last thing we need to be doing is downplaying the severity of it by comparing it to other diseases or making on it only affects old people who are already ill, that will only lead to complacency, which as a nation we've been guilty of already, hence the excess deaths

Edited by ZicoKelly

22 minutes ago, Ani said:

846 new cases. Rising steadily. 

We are continually increasing testing so it’s difficult to compare against previous figures. It’s also difficult to compare against other countries with fewer tests. If Spain were testing as many as the UK, their figures would look much worse.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-tests-per-thousand-people-smoothed-7-day

Edited by Boby Brno