Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

😂

"People in Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Leicester cannot mix with other households (apart from those in their support bubbles) in private homes or gardens"

"People in those areas can only go to pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues with other members of their household"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

From a quick look on social media this morning it appears that it doesn't matter what the government says now anyway, they've made such a fucking mess of this that the majority of people ain't gonna listen to a word of it. People think they know best, and tbf there's not much evidence that Boris and Co know better. 

The conspiracy nuts are out in force n all, Ive just seen one nutter manage to link in something about them having a cure for cancer that is being kept secret from us all as well. 🙄

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just let every fucker get it for fucks sake or this bullshit is never gonna stop. 

It’s where I’m at

All my elderly relatives are dead now so I don’t give a fuck and will gladly take my chances.

Might make bungalows cheaper, I’ll invest.

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It’s mad that I can’t go see my mum and dad but am allowed to go get shitfaced in a boozer with a load of folk I don’t know. 

Get shitfaced in the pub with your mum and dad, just so long as it’s a mere coincidence that they’re sat on the next table. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

If we believe it is targeted at Eid celebrations and that community then why are places like Birmingham not also being locked down?

No muzzies in Birmingham pal

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

5 people hospitalised yesterday in “greater” Manchester I read. 

Bolton hospital is on Black Alert

And no, I'm not making that up.

This is one level below Red.

I'm told.

There was a report on Newsnight about Leicester last night, and how there'd been no uptick at all in their hospital admissions or deaths since April. And their numbers in terms of cases were well over double anything currently in Greater Manchester (per 100k).

It's a difficult thing to balance, given that by the time hospital admissions do start going up you're probably fucked. Equally though, if the threshold for going back into versions of lockdown is cases alone, we could be doing this over and over again.

Anyone who has intentionally broken or bent the guidelines is a dick. That goes for you if you went to and rammed out a beach when the sun came out. Went on a demo or counter demo. Round your mums for a brew or just generally fucking about. You are complicate in where we are now and not closer to the end of this. And folk saying they are going to "crack on" and ignore the regs are wankers.