Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

23 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

There was a report on Newsnight about Leicester last night, and how there'd been no uptick at all in their hospital admissions or deaths since April. And their numbers in terms of cases were well over double anything currently in Greater Manchester (per 100k).

It's a difficult thing to balance, given that by the time hospital admissions do start going up you're probably fucked. Equally though, if the threshold for going back into versions of lockdown is cases alone, we could be doing this over and over again.

Depends on the severity/intensity of the infection and who is being found as positive.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

It’s mad that I can’t go see my mum and dad but am allowed to go get shitfaced in a boozer with a load of folk I don’t know. 

Ridiculous isn't it.

They actually don't know their arseholes from their ear holes. 

(Boris and co Mick, not your parents).

Just now, bwfc2003 said:

According to Doctor shit head on Good Morning ITV, its all Lancashire thats lock down - but part of it, and we cant travel out of our area???

Yes, we can travel

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Yes, we can travel

I had a customer in Stafford ring me this morning to cancel our meeting on Monday. It's not a good look aparently to allow visitors from an area on lockdown.

Matt Hancock has basically shit in his hands, hurled it in a northerly direction and declared us all UNCLEAN

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

If we believe it is targeted at Eid celebrations and that community then why are places like Birmingham not also being locked down?

Can’t lock down the whole of Birmingham

Little old northern towns don’t Matter.

plus the hotspots up here have been specially traced back to Asian communities that wash their arses in the sink. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, boogs said:

From a quick look on social media this morning it appears that it doesn't matter what the government says now anyway, they've made such a fucking mess of this that the majority of people ain't gonna listen to a word of it. People think they know best, and tbf there's not much evidence that Boris and Co know better. 

The conspiracy nuts are out in force n all, Ive just seen one nutter manage to link in something about them having a cure for cancer that is being kept secret from us all as well. 🙄

Nah. Many haven't been listening from the start.

Soldiers on the streets giving folk a whack might have changed a few minds, but we don't do that in this country. 

11 hours ago, Escobarp said:

So has it not always been unenforceable then ? It’s no different than before when we couldn’t meet another household so why is it different now?

There's gaps in the coronavirus bill. Some stuff requires more legislation to be passed before becoming legally enforceable, so is classed as guidance at the mo. If you have a look at the govmt website for example it says govmt will pass new laws to enforce the changes to meeting people in private homes and gardens, police will be able to take action against those that break the rules.

Its called secondary legislation 

Edited by peelyfeet

I think there is very vocal minority ignoring the rules. Most are trying to follow. 

I wear a mask at shops as does nearly everyone else. Been the pub once since March. 

I know mentioning Cummings upsets people but the Govt came out and said at that time the rules have a level of personal interpretation in them so hardly surprising some people are going daft. For us Yoof has his g/friend to stay over which we think is acceptable risk. 
Next Friday brother in law has just cancelled the ‘do’ for after the wedding as he lives in Kirklees. The stupid thing is ceremony goes ahead as that is a couple miles down the road in Wakefield. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Depends on the severity/intensity of the infection and who is being found as positive.

And also what the overall strategy is, if there is one. At the minute we're neither committing to getting cases to low/zero, nor accepting that some level of increased transmission is inevitable.

Face covering worn indoors 8th August in most indoor public places by the sounds of it, greater police prescence to enforce it, more powers for local authorities to shut donwn non compliant venues.

Whitty says we've reached the limit of opening up - if we want anymore freedoms, another freedom will have to be lost. This will be as good as it gets until Vaccine by the sounds of it.  

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Face covering worn indoors 8th August in most indoor public places by the sounds of it, greater police prescence to enforce it, more powers for local authorities to shut donwn non compliant venues.

Whitty says we've reached the limit of opening up - if we want anymore freedoms, another freedom will have to be lost. This will be as good as it gets until Vaccine by the sounds of it.  

God knows how long it will take for a vaccine to be available

When it is available, how long will it take to be able to vaccinate 40m+ people 

feels like this is at least 18 months away 

We need a plan B so we have an economy left to go back to 

Supposed to be scattering my dads ashes Monday in The north west at the remembrance garden. As it stands I’m not technically allowed to go as I can’t travel to north west absolutely zero chance I’m not. Sorry if that upsets folk