Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

Schools will be back fully in September, have to be.

Given the talk of trade offs, I don't expect to be watching a footy game in person for a long time, which begs the question, how the lower leagues can play at all!

At the moment, my lad isn't going back full time. Could change though. 

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Schools will reopen in September/October,  kids need to get back to education and their parents back to work, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if pubs closed at the expense of schools reopening.

I’m hearing a lot of Teachers are still not having it and the unions are going to oppose it

I just don't see that happening. I mean the union's might oppose it but I think most teachers want to be in, were in anyway, and the schools I know of are all opening to all years, maybe with one extra inset day to learn how the new set up will work.

Obviously Boris may change all this yet anyway but the teachers I know all want to be back in. 

12 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

I just don't see that happening. I mean the union's might oppose it but I think most teachers want to be in, were in anyway, and the schools I know of are all opening to all years, maybe with one extra inset day to learn how the new set up will work.

Obviously Boris may change all this yet anyway but the teachers I know all want to be back in. 

The source that told me directly is close to central government and his business is education.

I’m not saying it will effectively happen but the info is credible 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spider said:

Mine are long gone

When the apocalypse comes, I’m one of those who just picks up the kids and fucking legs it I’m afraid.

But what if it's a zombie apocalypse and they come back?

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Daughters friend goes little lever they ain’t due back till last week in September 

Aye. 28th I think.

Can't remember exactly, but don't think they are there every day neither. Anticipated to be doing a mixture of homeworking and schooling. Not enough resources to meet social distancing requirements. 

Presumably,  plenty of other schools in a similar situation.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Ani said:

The beer garden has to be Covid ‘compliant’ your back garden is not compliant. 

We opted for the beer garden 

Our house, garden and downstairs toilet were far more covid compliant

My reflections on working with the NHS last week 

• A&E has been a lot quieter for the last few months. The hope is that folk continue not to walk in there when they really don’t need to
  • They have really adapted to technology and are utilising remote consultations. NHS Scotland have really upped the game by developing Attend Anywhere. Oldest is using it for her psychology patients as it’s spread across the rest of the UK
  • Feeling I get is that we will go back to the old ‘Infirmary’ hospitals type of health care ie if you need emergency treatment you will go into an infirmary. If not you will access more local health care 
  • Consultations via smart phone and other digital media will massively increase. Folk won’t like it but will get used to it. Routine follow ups in out patients are a thing of the past. Do it via digital media and 90% of those consultations that needed a trip to hospital are done way more efficiently. The 10% that need further investigation get called in
  • Biggest worry is your cancer patients who absolutely have to come in for chemo, and your dialysis patients, for example, but I know of initiatives that are happening to try to mitigate 
  • NHS Scotland are using their Nightingale hospital for staff training, reducing the backlog of seeing patients that need to be seen, and preparing for the second wave, which they absolutely believe is on its way, and as they are completely apolitical, and a lot more efficient than NHS England, I will go with them

Long and boring post perhaps. But two points I’ll make here. Firstly, the NHS, at all levels, has massively stepped up, way ahead of the government and Joe Public. And, secondly, folk will have to recognise that just because you pay your taxes, you cannot continue to use the NHS the way that you have done. Changes are afoot and we will have to go with it. This pandemic may actually benefit the way that the NHS works and the way that folk treat it. For the better

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye. 28th I think.

Can't remember exactly, but don't think they are there every day neither. Anticipated to be doing a mixture of homeworking and schooling. Not enough resources to meet social distancing requirements. 

Presumably,  plenty of other schools in a similar situation.

Phillips so far is full time

portable toilets have been brought in with loads of other measures