Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

49 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Real or fake news ?

Not that surprising really. We've had 1 member of staff die at RBH where we're stuck in a room with COVID patients for 12.5 hours at a time. 

Plus you'd imagine the police are generally quite young and in decent health.

Not quite sure what this bloke is trying to get at?

35 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Real or fake news ?

There's been 1k under 50yr olds dead from covid in the Uk,  80% of whom had underlying disease. How many frontline MPS officers are there, how many of them are over 50 or have underlying conditions? They all have POE too. #KBF 

13 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Bullshit..

Most teachers want to be back working teaching..

The noisy minority don't. Most people want normality

👍

Only know one teacher at my workplace who doesn't & that's for valid shielding reasons. The rest of us can't wait to be back amongst it.

Don't think I could cope with another day of 'online teaching'.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Not that surprising really. We've had 1 member of staff die at RBH where we're stuck in a room with COVID patients for 12.5 hours at a time. 

Absolutely. Completely unhelpful. 

Seem to remember one officer going home from hospital after being on a ventilator and very poorly for some time. No doubt been a number with the virus, which will have reduced operational numbers, and could be a number with ongoing health problems. 

Another twatter article serving no purpose other than cock waving.

• Site Supporter

Listening to folk talking over the last couple of days it seems that many appear to be seeing this as a *Muslim issue. Government putting high-population Muslim areas in additional measures is definitely being seen as an Eid thing.
(*As well as other communities where multi-generations live together)

This may well be the case but I doubt there’s too much room for complacency.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Listening to folk talking over the last couple of days it seems that many appear to be seeing this as a *Muslim issue. Government putting high-population Muslim areas in additional measures is definitely being seen as an Eid thing.
(*As well as other communities where multi-generations live together)

This may well be the case but I doubt there’s too much room for complacency.

I think the Govt have to think more about their messages. In the ‘hot spot’ of Bolton 15 new cases from 100000 people. So a fraction of a %. The messages imply certain groups this is higher so let’s assume they make up 10 of the above cases. This leaves 5 cases per 100k for the rest of us. Then we have been told that for the vast majority it is not a serious illness so say 20% get it serious we are at 1 in 100k getting a serious dose of this from a new infection. 
Add in for young healthy ones the risk is even lower you can see why they are thinking fuck it. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Have a read of the replies, there's a lot of paranoid people out there with acronyms in their usernames

This guy looks to have become a mouth piece for conspiracy theorists, he's the one who wants to sue the government for an illegal lockdown

KBF

22 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Simon seems to be a well adjusted person.

Guys weird. I came across him after someone I know retweeted his posts. I found one useful but reading some of the rest I’m like you need help. He’s a good example of what exists on both sides of the loony spectrum. Left and right. And social media gives them the ideal platform 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Going off the conversations on here yesterday he’s potentially pointing towards Covid posing a very small risk to public sector workers

Putting the potential refusal to work by Teachers into perspective 

Only guessing though 

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Going off the conversations on here yesterday he’s potentially pointing towards Covid posing a very small risk to public sector workers

Only guessing though 

Reading this morning that no teacher has died from being infected by a student.

Anywhere in the world.

I don’t if it’s true and how they know, but there you go.

Not sure I understand the teacher thing. I know a few teachers, ranging from head down to new recruit and they all want to be back teaching, and indeed were teaching online and face to face with kids who could attend. The reason they couldn't open fully was that the social distancing rules and government advice made it impossible. Is this not the case?

Edited by Nowack
fully added for clarity

3 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Not sure I understand the teacher thing. I know a few teachers, ranging from head down to new recruit and they all want to be back teaching, and indeed were teaching online and face to face with kids who could attend. The reason they couldn't open fully was that the social distancing rules and government advice made it impossible. Is this not the case?

Probably. You've no doubt got the most militant ones kicking off but I'd imagine most would be happy to go back to work?

We've managed so far and we're working with confirmed positive cases every day. 

Take precautions - stay sensible and your risk is pretty low.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Only guessing though 

He thinks a very small risk to everyone and that all the government responses from lockdown to masks are unnecessary, and in some cases, illegal

7 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Reading this morning that no teacher has died from being infected by a student.

Anywhere in the world.

I don’t if it’s true and how they know, but there you go.

Bollocks, the ONS reported 65 education workforce deaths in uk in early May. Impossible to tell who you've caught it off could be student, husband, Pringle tube in co-op, Prince Andrew