Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

31 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Does anyone know what this “Major incident”was  that no one seems to be going into any details about?

Just gives the authorities greater powers 

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

Over 50’s will be made to stay home if another wave comes apparently.

First sensible plan I’ve seen.

Stupid plan, I’ll be ignoring it. If it’s brought in which I doubt, this government will have totally lost the plot over this virus. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

38 minutes ago, Spider said:

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Stupid plan, I’ll be ignoring it. If it’s brought in which I doubt, this government will have totally lost the plot over this virus. 

If it was over 50’s with a pre existing health issue that makes them vulnerable  i’d agree with Spider. If not, i’d agree with Mounts 100%.

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

you get yourself locked away for the Winter mate 

I will drop you a couple of pints off from the Bay Horse 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The devil is in the detail Mounts.

You'll all be sent a load of blue felt tips and be put to work making sure all new passports are the right colour.

It won’t be wasted.

13 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If it was over 50’s with a pre existing health issue that makes them vulnerable  i’d agree with Spider. If not, i’d agree with Mounts 100%.

If folk with pre existing condition want to isolate then that’s fine, I’ll not be isolating full stop. 

18 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

you get yourself locked away for the Winter mate 

I will drop you a couple of pints off from the Bay Horse 

Thx for the sentiment, although it’ll not be required. I’m mostly not following government advice anymore, except I’m out for Indian tonight, got to get my tenners worth. 😂 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Lost the plot on the virus. 

By lost the plot you mean they are potentially announcing measures that are affecting you directly. 

When people said previously Boris was a dodgy waste of time with no substance behind his sound bites you disagreed. 

I assume you remain convinced they are the very people who will ensure we have a smooth Brexit and will get great terms for us and a number of world class trade deals ? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

By lost the plot you mean they are potentially announcing measures that are affecting you directly. 

When people said previously Boris was a dodgy waste of time with no substance behind his sound bites you disagreed. 

I assume you remain convinced they are the very people who will ensure we have a smooth Brexit and will get great terms for us and a number of world class trade deals ? 

You're not allowed to change your mind on here though.

I did about Brexit and am constantly told off for it.

Mounts is simply showing strength of mind and he's all the better for it.

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

Not just confined to stuff that might affect me, biggest concern for me was putting folk from hospital into care homes with no tests. 

I will pass judgement after his 5 years is up.  

I remain convinced deals will be in place, happy he’s taking the line he has, again I will judge him after it’s all over. 
And not forgetting the alternative to Johnson was Corbyn, thankful for small mercies. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Haven't they said over 50, if you already have health concerns/issues  -  not every over 50

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Lost the plot on the virus. 

Sorry mate, but can't agree. Shit happens, sometimes it affects us personally and it then seems worse. Doesn't mean its necessarily wrong.

Fwiw, if the over 50s do end up being locked down, I'll follow the rules and will be totally fucked by it financially. 

However,  there's an argument that if individuals had followed the rules in the first place (muzzies or not) we wouldn't be here. I've no intention of following the 'lead' of these cunts.

If they make it under 55s are ok I am not affected.......till tomorrow. 

The problem with underlying conditions is defining that. So fat fuckers are we included ? 

I think the Govt have a difficult job especially as Mounts comments highlight they have lost a lot of credibility in recent weeks. The fact is the vast majority of people who have died could well have in the relative short term so at what point is the greater good in terms of economy more important than a few thousand dead ? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I can make a judgement on the virus decisions and have, some government advise I’ll go with but plenty I wont. 

Things are never black and white are they Mounts? Get him told.

If you want to change your mind, you will. Be your own man. Show strength.

14 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Looked on Twitter for you, can’t see anything.

Its a horrible place, though, Twitter.

I expect it will be a leading Brexiteer 

The Russian peer’s paper did what was required and just reported it as a bloke from London. 

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sorry mate, but can't agree. Shit happens, sometimes it affects us personally and it then seems worse. Doesn't mean its necessarily wrong.

Fwiw, if the over 50s do end up being locked down, I'll follow the rules and will be totally fucked by it financially. 

However,  there's an argument that if individuals had followed the rules in the first place (muzzies or not) we wouldn't be here. I've no intention of following the 'lead' of these cunts.

In life you have to make your own decisions, yes listen to advice but ultimately it has to be a choice that you make for yourself and I will. 

21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Haven't they said over 50, if you already have health concerns/issues  -  not every over 50

Some of the health issues suggested as high risk have been pretty broad though. Over 30% of 50 year olds are obese. Add in the rest (asthma, diabetics etc) and you'd be talking millions, plus anyone who lives in their households having to shield.

It's an absurd idea that'll never happen. Not least because a large % of those will also be Tory voters.