Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s fantastic, beers 1 Euro it’s 10 minutes into Benidorm the caravans got full on air con with Union Jack flying proudly and breakfast is cheaper than spoons, it’s bit like tyldesley without skenners, but in the sun, you should try it. 

98 here today, my pool was 91 ... Im good thanks

8 hours ago, tkonion said:

Any idea why Covid cases weren't treated at the Nightingales that were designed for distancing rather than being left empty while Covid patients were in hospitals that weren't designed for distancing? 

Because the nightingales were also for overflow. From my understanding ( based on reading papers I am no expert). You need a critical mass to make a hospital efficient so having say 10 paitients in a nightingale might take as much resource as treating 100 in a normal hospital. ( made up numbers to explain the point ). Add in the fact that a lot of the people also required treatment for other problems that might not be available in the nightingales it makes sense. 
it is a bit like the upper tiers at the ground. They are there but not really efficient to open them.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting, thanks.

Wondering that could the decline not also be attributed to those isolating before lockdown though?

Fact is, a virus doesn't suddenly decide to chill its boots, something made the death rates drop.

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Interesting, thanks.

Wondering that could the decline not also be attributed to those isolating before lockdown though?

Fact is, a virus doesn't suddenly decide to chill its boots, something made the death rates drop.

The optimists think that the measures already undertaken, social distancing and hand washing, were sufficient.

Even now, we don’t know enough.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

As good as that is, the virus is still here.

The roads are still much much quieter at rush hour so the measures being taken have worked.

People rattle on about schools going back, but once everyone returns to work in the offices is, for me, the real test of how we can manage it.

4 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Interesting, thanks.

98 deaths yesterday. That is still more than Hillsborough virtually every day since middle of March. 

• Moderators

Are deaths going up? All I seem to hear about is cases, i know we're still lingering around 100 but are we still in a place where more cases=more deaths or have most the vulnerable ones snuffed it?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Did a spot of shopping in Bury today first time proper with the mask and It was uncomfortable as fuck not again 

Only good thing was fella where I get my gear from isn’t arsed about masks and let’s you try clothes on which saves pissing about returning items 

Can you try clothes on at Asda?

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Did a spot of shopping in Bury today first time proper with the mask and It was uncomfortable as fuck not again 

Only good thing was fella where I get my gear from isn’t arsed about masks and let’s you try clothes on which saves pissing about returning items 

Just second nature now the mask business. I'd actually feel uncomfortable without one now, especially in areas like ours with relatively high numbers.

That said, I'm not going shopping unless I really need to. Clothes can come online or not at all at the moment. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Low shot from you

you wont be shopping when you old boys ain’t allowed out 

Fookin shitshow of inconsistency, carry on boys.

Meet you next week pal. 🍺

56 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Are deaths going up? All I seem to hear about is cases, i know we're still lingering around 100 but are we still in a place where more cases=more deaths or have most the vulnerable ones snuffed it?

Chart shows downward trend in daily deaths has slowed

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just second nature now the mask business. I'd actually feel uncomfortable without one now, especially in areas like ours with relatively high numbers.

That said, I'm not going shopping unless I really need to. Clothes can come online or not at all at the moment. 

Been crazy this way in the last week 

around metrolink way groups of teenagers all masked up robbing folk then getting off up banana path

some certainly abusing the situation 

12 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Deaths have flatten. Infections are up but the % infected per test is pretty flat. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852

From the BBC so you might be better trawling through Twitter to find a more balanced view. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Masks!!, just more shit on the streets, fucking loads of discarded mask amongst all cans and other shite! 

Wrote to the local MP, response was, Coronasvirus has priority, so your complaints will be a the back of the queue, i was ashamed of the place i live in today, i encountered litter, fly tipping and a load of other shite when on a walk this afternoon. Looks like councils are using Covid has an excuse to do fuck all.

Agree mostly. Remember though; councils don't drop litter. Litter pickers are also amongst the first to go when cuts are made to budgets.

The way it is- answer below.

12 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Been crazy this way in the last week 

around metrolink way groups of teenagers all masked up robbing folk then getting off up banana path

some certainly abusing the situation 

Answer to both; execution. Death by litter picking!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We know that, but Atherleigh way is just full off shit that folk have thrown out of the cars! No pride in wear you live anymore, if there ever was.

I agree. They should be severely punished. Its a trivial crime in the eyes of many, and that's the problem. A breeding ground for contempt and lack of respect.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree. They should be severely punished. Its a trivial crime in the eyes of many, and that's the problem. A breeding ground for contempt and lack of respect.

We need a keep Britain tidy campaign, convinced it’s the under 30s who are to blame, id make it a £500 penalty for dropping any litter. Utter cunts who do it. 

Just in the gym. Why in Christ’s name do we have to wear masks in Sainsbury’s when there’s folk in these gaffs pissing with sweat swapping benches and equipment with about as much social distance taking place in a bears gang bang.