Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Good old Bury New Road, where folk were only too willing to believe that "It's them Muslims causing it all."

Must admit, i had started to think it too but i didn't then start licking door handles as if it was safe to do so. 

I’ve just been in a local pakistani/Indian food shop. Not been in for months. Same as house of rajas in Bolton but smaller and  more rustic. 

Placed was very busy as it always is on a Saturday. apart from me and the missus not one mask, no body observing any form of social distancing of just really like there was nothing going on in the world. Outside a group of about ten ladies stood around nattering. Again not a care in the world. Whether that’s a fair reflection of those communities and their attitudes to this and the rules you can all decide. I just found it interesting

18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve just been in a local pakistani/Indian food shop. Not been in for months. Same as house of rajas in Bolton but smaller and  more rustic. 

Placed was very busy as it always is on a Saturday. apart from me and the missus not one mask, no body observing any form of social distancing of just really like there was nothing going on in the world. Outside a group of about ten ladies stood around nattering. Again not a care in the world. Whether that’s a fair reflection of those communities and their attitudes to this and the rules you can all decide. I just found it interesting

That's been pretty much my experience too around both Manchester and Bolton.  In the early days of the pandemic, long before masks were mandatory in shops, the BME community seemed to be on it and the majority I came across were wearing masks.

Oddly, this last couple of months I've found the situation reversed.  I've been into a couple of shops in Longsight and Moss Side recently and it was only me with a mask on.  Statistically that community is still more vulnerable to covid so it surprises me.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Recently (about a fortnight ago) drove the family car at a Hindu funeral. From the Chapel of Rest we travelled to the deceased’s home which was one of those between Middlebrook and Chorley New Road.

The cul-de-sac was full of Asian folk who had come to pay respect to the deceased and family... like about 70+ of them. Some wore face coverings others didn’t. None kept socially distant from each other as they began circling the hearse reciting a few words which I assume was a prayer to one of their gods.

Inside the car, all the family wore masks.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Eh, you could say exactly the same about the 50-60 year old pissheads in Bradshawgate every day

23 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Eh, you could say exactly the same about the 50-60 year old pissheads in Bradshawgate every day

That’s quite specific. How do you age them? From my experience in town today and yesterday, it’s across the board. White black, Asian young and old. Twats know no boundaries. Neither does Covid.

54 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I’ve also called out white youths numerous times and older folk as well. So not unite sure what your point is? I was merely highlighting an experience I had today relating to one section of our community 

• Site Supporter

Called in at holdens ice cream earlier between jobs. Masks on and got served, two helpful friendly ladies behind the counter.

They then told me about the non mask wearing rude and abusive dick that gave them shit shortly before we went in.

A regular occurence for the them sadly. Cuntdom seems more infectious than the virus.

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Absolutely agreed, every shop and Supermarket I have been in since mask wearing was mandatory, the asian community seem to be the ones who don't giving a flying fuck, not all of them, but definitely a large percentage. Some white people are guilty, but nowhere of the scale of our Asian friends, perhaps they believe in a bit of herd immunity or they think it's a hoax. 

I've no doubt, we will be deemed the 'R' by some, but it pretty much stands out. 

Popped to the post office depot this morning to pick a parcel up, we have to wear mask, every postie and everyone else who worked there didn't have one and a probably exempt!! So in that sense what is the fucking point, you can pick holes in everything!

And everytime i go to the shops here it's white people not wearing masks. I wonder if it all depends on where you decide to go to shop 😂

When all said and done you shouldn't be getting served if you haven't got a mask on. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

And everytime i go to the shops here it's white people not wearing masks. I wonder if it all depends on where you decide to go to shop 😂

When all said and done you shouldn't be getting served if you haven't got a mask on. 

Well, maybe you have a point

If you cant wear a mask. Stay indoors

Shop on line 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Unfortunately, some staff are genuinely scared of not serving. Wife's been told of a lady serving in a co op who asked someone to put a mask on, and was immediately told he would wait outside for her and stab her when she finished work.

Bonkers

• Site Supporter

Everyone adhering to the rules round Adlington and Chorley that I have seen. The only one I have seen was a lad who wanted a bottle of pop from Tesco who pulled his t-shirt up over his nose as he had no mask.

Called into Horwich Coop yesterday to get some cash and a bottle of red and there were two women in without masks, both in their 20s and both looked rough. Just fucking lazy bastards if you ask me.

36 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Everyone adhering to the rules round Adlington and Chorley that I have seen. The only one I have seen was a lad who wanted a bottle of pop from Tesco who pulled his t-shirt up over his nose as he had no mask.

Called into Horwich Coop yesterday to get some cash and a bottle of red and there were two women in without masks, both in their 20s and both looked rough. Just fucking lazy bastards if you ask me.

There aren’t any cases in Horwich

• Site Supporter

Morrison’s in Harwood actually have masks available for free at the door. Still folk decide not to bother.

One woman asked for a mask the other day and the security guy told her she didn’t need one.

When she asked why he pointed out that she already had one on!

Oh yes, I need a spare though.

How does fuck off sound?

11 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Played in 3 friendlies so far, but the rules are saying "not to mix with other households in any setting indoors or outdoors anywhere. This does not apply in your support bubble." 

It’s all very flakey

Both the Heywood & Bury leagues say definitely starting next week some venues are insisting on no parents (good luck with that)