Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I am of the view now that locking down again isnt the answer out of this situation , we must crack on use common sense, folk at high risk isolate if they must ( I wouldnt)  social distance, wash hands etc,   Pubs have a massive part to play, folk should be sat on tables, orders taken at the table and staff bring drinks to the table, house parties should be limited or stopped, other than that crack on.   

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am of the view now that locking down again isnt the answer out of this situation , we must crack on use common sense, folk at high risk isolate if they must ( I wouldnt)  social distance, wash hands etc,   Pubs have a massive part to play, folk should be sat on tables, orders taken at the table and staff bring drinks to the table, house parties should be limited or stopped, other than that crack on.   

Govmt don't agree mate. They should have made them all outside in the first place. I've been to a few that have made covered booths with heating. 

• Moderators

I feel sorry for places up here that are decent sized and have tables outside, they are struggling along. Cruising through town over the weekend, the Sizzling Palate place was packed to the rafters. That's 100 times more risky that me having a pint with meters betwwn me and other folk.

If I head to Morrison's later, there will still be some entitled prick in a Range Rover with no mask shouting down their phone. Works both ways.

Can I head to Ainsworth for a pint then?

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But people aren’t managing this so what can the government do. 

1 minute ago, Big E said:

But people aren’t managing this so what can the government do. 

They'll have analysed the trend. There was a massive jump up over a week which shows exponential growth rate well over 1, which usually means it's likely to not go down quickly unless circumstances are altered. If they do fuck all and folk start dying again in 3 weeks, they'll be in for loads of shit. If they impose restrictions and folk start dying, they can say they tried and blame it on us.

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They'll have analysed the trend. There was a massive jump up over a week which shows exponential growth rate well over 1, which usually means it's likely to not go down quickly unless circumstances are altered. If they do fuck all and folk start dying again in 3 weeks, they'll be in for loads of shit. If they impose restrictions and folk start dying, they can say they tried and blame it on us.

But they can blame you because it is you surely?

7 minutes ago, Big E said:

But they can blame you because it is you surely?

It's them and us. They're responsible for passing on the info they collect on our behalf. They're responsible for the timing and implementation of restrictions and the overall strategy. They've got msssive resource that we pay for to help. 

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Amazing all the ballache one person coming back from Spain and not quarantining can cause

It's every Englishman's god given right to drink San Miguel in Benidorm.

It's in the Magna Carta

5 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's them and us. They're responsible for passing on the info they collect on our behalf. They're responsible for the timing and implementation of restrictions and the overall strategy. They've got msssive resource that we pay for to help. 

It amazes me how folk won't take responsibility for it. folk are not sticking to the rules hence its increasing. 

Too many folk have a reason why they don't need to do as they are told. 

Just now, peelyfeet said:

As long as the tracing doesn't show infections from Bolton bleeding out into other areas. If it does, they'll try and stop it.

As my wife has just advised!

We’re not supposed to go on public transport anyway?

• Site Supporter
Just now, peelyfeet said:

As long as the tracing doesn't show infections from Bolton bleeding out into other areas. If it does, they'll try and stop it.

There's no stopping me going 4 miles for a few beers in Adlington/Chorley.

I won't, as I'm not a twat (well, I am, but whatever), but loads of people will just make the journey.

Roadblocks.