Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

8 minutes ago, Big E said:

It amazes me how folk won't take responsibility for it. folk are not sticking to the rules hence its increasing. 

Too many folk have a reason why they don't need to do as they are told. 

Agreed, but do you think folk in Bolton are not sticking to the rules 7 times more than folk in Wigan? 

The reason why infections are on the up is because pubs have been open, folk have been on holiday, the weather is getting more preferable for covid spread, schools are open  more folk have gone back to work, folk are less careful, NW likely had a larger pool of infections, and a bit of bad luck. Its govmt policy and folks behaviour and luck.

Edited by peelyfeet

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Presumably those who want a proper night out will jump on the train?

Matt Hancock said the local lockdown in Leicester had resulted in a "very significant" drop in cases and measures there will be reviewed on Thursday.

Asked whether those in Bolton could travel to other areas to enjoy a drink at pubs or bars, Mr Hancock said: "Thankfully, what we've learnt from this sort of local action elsewhere is that we don't see large numbers of people travelling to nearby areas.

"We haven't seen that yet but of course we remain vigilant.

"I am sure the people of Bolton understand how significant this problem is - and we will bring in new laws to back-up the proposals that we've made today."

he's deluded

12 minutes ago, Big E said:

It amazes me how folk won't take responsibility for it. folk are not sticking to the rules hence its increasing. 

Too many folk have a reason why they don't need to do as they are told. 

It has to play itself out, just needs to be kept at low infection/death rate as possible without resorting to full lock down, stop having house parties (Theyre shit anyhow) and if you go to a pub go to one thats got a covid policy in place and is enforcing it.    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It has to play itself out, just needs to be kept at low infection/death rate as possible without resorting to full lock down, stop having house parties (Theyre shit anyhow) and if you go to a pub go to one thats got a covid policy in place and is enforcing it.    

Yeah I get that but the problem is people don’t and it’s what’s causing it.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Bars, restaurants & cafes takeaway only and must shut by 2200.

is that it?

I don't know about anywhere else, but locally in Stockport when lockdown was first eased all the pubs had to stop serving at 22.30 anyway, still did during regional lockdown and probably still do though I've not been since things were eased - in any case, they have to apply for a licence to open later so it's not even up to them

so if tougher measures equates to shutting 30 mins earlier then great, crack on, go out earlier if you're that arsed

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

is that it?

I don't know about anywhere else, but locally in Stockport when lockdown was first eased all the pubs had to stop serving at 22.30 anyway, still did during regional lockdown and probably still do though I've not been since things were eased - in any case, they have to apply for a licence to open later so it's not even up to them

so if tougher measures equates to shutting 30 mins earlier then great, crack on, go out earlier if you're that arsed

It's takeaway only, so no drinking in the pub. I imagine most will choose not to open on that basis.

If anyone isn't already. I'd advise taking vit d, and zinc supplements every day. It takes a while to build up and metabolise vit D and zinc helps its function, its harmless if taken in low doses ( they give you 20 times dsily recommended dose when in hospital). Obviously if you're already on meds or have a medical complaint, ask your dr before.

Zinc makes you horny so you may want to get a few copies of razzle.

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

is that it?

Takeaways only have to close at 22.00. Pubs, restaurants close completely. Not sure if it’s immediate or from midnight today. Might have chance for last swift one.

Some pubs and restaurants have been doing takeaways so presumably they can continue that.

Edited by Boby Brno

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Spot on. Totally understand that we need to come out of full lockdown for a variety of reasons. But that doesn’t mean we can just go back to normal. There’s going to the pub and going to the pub. Had a falling out with an old uni mate who couldn’t understand why we didn’t want him and his family to come stay with us right now. 

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

If anyone isn't already. I'd advise taking vit d, and zinc supplements every day. It takes a while to build up and metabolise vit D and zinc helps its function, its harmless if taken in low doses ( they give you 20 times dsily recommended dose when in hospital). Obviously if you're already on meds or have a medical complaint, ask your dr before.

Zinc makes you horny so you may want to get a few copies of razzle.

Thats me off to Holland and Barratt for some zinc for the wife, I will drop it in her evening brew. :)  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So it's ok for you to ignore the guidelines, but everyone else should do as they're told.

56 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thats me off to Holland and Barratt for some zinc for the wife, I will drop it in her evening brew. :)  

Haha. Mate, I think it only works on blokes, so unless your wife is called Brian, I wouldnt bother. Get her a box of chocolates, do the dishes, nice bottle of red and a james bond film should do the trick.

Edited by peelyfeet

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's takeaway only, so no drinking in the pub. I imagine most will choose not to open on that basis.

21 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Takeaways only have to close at 22.00. Pubs, restaurants close completely. Not sure if it’s immediate or from midnight today. Might have chance for last swift one.

Some pubs and restaurants have been doing takeaways so presumably they can continue that.

ah, ok, I misread it as "and takeaways"

yeah, that's like Lockdown 1

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Are people in Bolton allowed to go to work outside the borough? 

Staff from Oldham have only just come back this week.

I had a scouser - a fucking SCOUSER - refuse me entry to their premises yesterday because I'm from Bolton.

I'm still absolutely furious

9 minutes ago, Gonk said:

I'll be perfectly honest, even though the rate is still low in Htown, I'm not sure I want all the infected cunts from the other side of the borough dropping in here spreading their germs around.

Good point, 30 cases in the hotspots and 2-3 in Horwich and Westhoughton