Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, birch-chorley said:

No gatherings in or outside over 6 people, new news? I’ve lost all track of what you can and can’t do now 

Are they still trying to encourage people back into offices or has that also been sidelined with this latest advice? 

In Bolton it’s illegal to meet with anyone from another household in or outside currently it would appear if I’ve read it right? 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

In Bolton it’s illegal to meet with anyone from another household in or outside currently it would appear if I’ve read it right? 

Breaking news, whole country impacted (England)

No meeting indoors or out for more than 6 people from Monday 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The Oxford vaccine has been progressing so well it almost felt too good to be true. Hopefully this hiccup isn't as big a problem as it could be.

I’d imagine hiccups happen and everything has to stop to investigate. 
Like  you say though , it’s been positive up to this, too positive in a way , which makes a slight hiccup that’s probably normal event in such things, seem all the more disappointing 

think everyone is just looking for some sign of an end to this shit show now and anything that is seen to delay that has an extra layer of depression on it! 

39 minutes ago, fatolive said:

I’d imagine hiccups happen and everything has to stop to investigate. 
Like  you say though , it’s been positive up to this, too positive in a way , which makes a slight hiccup that’s probably normal event in such things, seem all the more disappointing 

think everyone is just looking for some sign of an end to this shit show now and anything that is seen to delay that has an extra layer of depression on it! 

pharmaceutical companies released a statement today

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/08/pharma-pledge-reassure-covid-19-safety/

• Moderators
11 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

Except for work, education, sport, weddings, funerals, hog roasts, bong sessions in the Woods, dogging, bbqs, fights and the conga 

are we allowed these again?  game changer if true

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Aye those 20 at the bull would never have been included in the stats had they not been able to drive to a test centre.

Not one required any form of medical attention.

was twiggy not one of them or did he just randomly catch it?  and how's he getting on, anyone know?

• Moderators

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18706323.three-bolton-areas-covid-free-new-coronavirus-case-figures/?ref=erec

JUST three areas of Bolton can claim to be “covid free” after new data revealed coronavirus cases in the other 32 neighbourhoods.

Horwich North, Bromley Cross and Bradshaw, and Westhoughton East are the only three parts of the town that can claim to be virus free – just two weeks after the majority of the borough hadn’t reported any cases in months.

38 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yet I can’t have a beer in my mate’s garden with the kids because there will be seven of us? Fuck right off. 

this is the stuff thats driving me mad, there is no balance at all

looking very likely that I can't be with my missus for the birth of our first child until the very last minute, pretty much when her head is popping out

but the pubs are ok to be full, and 1000's can attend horse racing fixtures etc

its fucking stupid, the lot of it

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Anyone found to be travelling to a different postcode just so they can go to the pub should be fined.

Just spoken to a neighbour whilst out. She went (party of 6 if I understood correctly) to an ale house at the weekend, where one of the part had to leave details. 

Weren't all from same household, so shouldn't have been together I dont think, but at least details were gathered.

Then onto curry cottage. No details requested, absolutely rammed. Really is no wonder restrictions are coming back.

When they close the pubs and eateries altogether no doubt owners and punters wil be complaining again.

• Moderators

I think they'd lock down sport entirely, except that same with the pubs, if you do that indefinitely then these die a slow death. We've seen Droylsden FC withdraw from the league as their revenue comes from function rooms, fixed costs exist and bills have to be paid. It's a balancing act as we try to avoid important community assets going pop. Sure we can't have a brew in our gardens, despite them backing on to a golf course where people are twatting about with their bats. Suck it up.