Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I was “Con’s” apprentice at Horwich Loco Works and we used our British Railways Privilege Pass for free travel to away games. He talked about this appearing on Sweeny. Fairly sure it was Oxford.

Yes & no. I'm pretty sure it was sprayed before a game at Fulham, an early kick off on a Friday meant that about the only Bolton fans there had travelled on the overnight National coach from Moor Lane......but we played at Oxford the following day & those who had been at Fulham, including Con, made our way straight to Oxford. 

iirc , we lost both games, it was bleeding freezing out on the Friday night & Bolton came unstuck trying to "take" the Oxford end. Happy days.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

Has everybody got a invitation letter from Imperial College of London about being Covid tested for a research study? Or does the Illuminati want my mind , soul and body?

ICL used to be known as The Bottom Inspectors.

3 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Has everybody got a invitation letter from Imperial College of London about being Covid tested for a research study? Or does the Illuminati want my mind , soul and body?

It's random. My son had one a few weeks ago. Mother in law just got one. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bolton va va said:. 

iirc , we lost both games, it was bleeding freezing out on the Friday night & Bolton came unstuck trying to "take" the Oxford end. Happy days.

Sounds like a Con BWFC trip. 
We decided we were going to ‘take’ Bristol City’s end and were in the ground fairly early. I think there were maybe 6 to 8 of us right in the middle of their main terrace. As fans started appearing, they heard our dialect and stayed a distance away. Fortunately, the police noticed and took us round the ground just prior to KO

18 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Yes & no. I'm pretty sure it was sprayed before a game at Fulham, an early kick off on a Friday meant that about the only Bolton fans there had travelled on the overnight National coach from Moor Lane......but we played at Oxford the following day & those who had been at Fulham, including Con, made our way straight to Oxford. 

Remember that those games and coming "unstuck" at Oxford. Also the big fella in the sheepskin coat at Fulham who wasn't very happy. 

3 hours ago, Spider said:

So

33 people tested positive who had all been in one pub on the same evening. Probably chugging bing off the same cistern.

So I think it’s highly likely. In my opinion.

You clearly think it’s something else but seem reluctant to enlighten us. Which makes me think you’re scared of saying it because it may be viewed as inflammatory.

I said a few weeks back that asian communities in the town weren’t helping. Probably still aren’t, but the spike is clearly a result of youngsters going to the pub. You need to prove me wrong because the stats back me up on this.

Over to you.

I’m not ‘scared’ of saying anything 

There are very few Asians in Breightmet 

Edited by Moon boy

22 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Those are tests aren’t they?

The only bit with tests is on page 2 where it shows the cases per 100 tests, and the graphs on the left hand side of page 3. The message is, the positivity rate per test has gone up.

We are at about 11 positive cases per 100 tests, for the last 10 days.

We were at about 3 per 100 for 6 weeks prior.

We are doing about 600 tests a day, for the last week, about 500 a week before that, and between 400 and 600 from mid July.

So, the frequency of positive tests has gone up 350% while tests have gone up 35% ish.

Edited by peelyfeet

Just now, Escobarp said:

Contact tracing app just launched up here today. Seems odd that one part of UK now has one and others don’t? Anyone any ideas what is stopping the other home nations? Without the usual bullshit anti tory garbage some of you involuntarily spout please. 

You've all got shit phones. Ours are too complex to be compatible.

I've no idea, must be legislation of some sort.

Just now, peelyfeet said:

Yours is Apple/Google.  Ours is NHSX. Yours works, ours doesn't yet. Seems daft. Does it stop working when you drive past Gretna?

Will find out at the other end of the border next week 😁
just seems madness to me that we can’t all have the same app. Means in due course I will need to have 2 different apps which is nonsensical 

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I thought we’d already discussed that the yoof had latched onto the pre-Eid lockdown in certain high Muslim populations and jumped on that as the whole shebang becoming a mainly-Muslim issue.

Talk about allowing a ‘hope’ to let your guard down.

40 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Why won’t you say whatever it is you think is causing the rise then ? 
It can not be the most stupid thing on this thread. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Just got one from ONS in conjunction with Oxford uni

offering 50 quid for taking part initially and 25 per test  after that . Up to 5 visits, I’ve signed everyone in the house up 😁