Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

From yesterday’s Telegraph;

"Bolton, the coronavirus hotspot of England, has only two Covid-19 patients on hospital wards... across all 18 "intervention" areas listed on Public Health England's watchlist, 141 people are in hospital with the disease”

Don’t know how these tally

Out of date data I assume, or an editorial pushing a certain agenda?

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

How you getting on wiggy?

I think like almost everyone I know it’s a rollercoaster of emotion right now isn’t it? Trying to remain positive but there’s also confusion, frustration, fear, sadness and anger. Exhausting. And I’m also very aware that in the scheme of things I’ve got very little to complain about. But this will be taking its toll on people mentally in a way that we probably don’t even realise just yet. Thanks for asking. We all need to look after each other right now. You ok I hope?

Edited by wiggy

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Our sales guy spoke to a big cheese at holts yesterday and the next order going is a fraction of the usual

getting ready for some kind of a lock down 

There’s only one Big Cheese

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

From yesterday’s Telegraph;

"Bolton, the coronavirus hotspot of England, has only two Covid-19 patients on hospital wards... across all 18 "intervention" areas listed on Public Health England's watchlist, 141 people are in hospital with the disease”

Don’t know how these tally

theyre reading from the NHS report here - it's old and only gets updated once a month.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

Message to all us old fuckers:

Ask your doc before hand if you take anything else, or are concerned, however;

Get some vitamin D in you every day, the loss of daylight hours in September - early Spring reduces our stores a lot. It takes weeks of taking it for your body to metabolise it, especially if you're a bit chubby.

It's almost gospel that good Vit D levels reduce the severity and longevity of covid respiratory symptoms. If you supplement, Take it with something fatty, like a bit of cheese, it helps it to be absorbed, and if you can get Zinc supplement too, it helps. 

Anthony Fauci is taking 6000 iu per day, the NHS say dont take more than 4000 iu per day. 1000 iu is 25 mcg. If you get admitted to a covid ward, in some wards they're giving patients high doses of calcifediol (which is the metabolised form of vitamin D - thus eliminating the time needed for the body to metabolise it) as soon as they go in, and then every few days.

https://medium.com/microbial-instincts/the-first-clinical-trial-to-support-vitamin-d-therapy-for-covid-19-906a9d907468

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/

By far the main form of transmission is thought to be by breathing in aerosol.

By far the main place of transmission is in the home.

You need to breathe in several hundred aerosol particles to become infected, which takes several minutes normally.

Being outside, well ventilated areas, and masks all reduce your chance of transmission multiple times over, so if your'e in the car with someone, open the window. If you've got a kid at home with "cold" symptoms, open their bedroom window.  

Stop smoking or vaping

Lose some weight if you're fat

Do some cardio

Get decent sleep

Edited by peelyfeet

9 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I would bet my left bollock Rees-Mogg reads the Telegraph. 🙂

They'll read the data again when the next report comes out in 3 weeks and then publish an article "massive rise in hospitalistions", lockdown now before it's too late.

Edited by peelyfeet

26 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Get some vitamin D in you every day, the loss of daylight hours in September - early Spring reduces our stores a lot. It takes weeks of taking it for your body to metabolise it, especially if you're a bit chubby.

It's almost gospel that good Vit D levels reduce the severity and longevity of covid respiratory symptoms. If you supplement, Take it with something fatty, like a bit of cheese, it helps it to be absorbed, and if you can get Zinc supplement too, it helps. 

Anthony Fauci is taking 6000 iu per day, the NHS say dont take more than 4000 iu per day. 1000 iu is 25 mg. If you get admitted to a covid ward, in some wards they're giving patients high doses of calcifediol (which is the metabolised form of vitamin D - thus eliminating the time needed for the body to metabolise it) as soon as they go in, and then every few days.

https://medium.com/microbial-instincts/the-first-clinical-trial-to-support-vitamin-d-therapy-for-covid-19-906a9d907468

You need to breathe in several hundred aerosol particles to become infected, which takes several minutes normally.

Being outside, well ventilated areas, and masks all reduce your chance of transmission multiple times over, so if your'e in the car with someone, open the window. If you've got a kid at home with "cold" symptoms, open their bedroom window.  

Stop smoking or vaping

Do some cardio

Get decent sleep

Good, helpful, stuff, our Peely

you're in the wrong job!

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Our sales guy spoke to a big cheese at holts yesterday and the next order going is a fraction of the usual

getting ready for some kind of a lock down 

Fullers are also reducing output as of Monday earlier this week, my man who works there has told me. He reckons end of the month for curfews on boozers

43 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Anthony Fauci is taking 6000 iu per day, the NHS say dont take more than 4000 iu per day. 1000 iu is 25 mg. If you get admitted to a covid ward, in some wards they're giving patients high doses of calcifediol (which is the metabolised form of vitamin D - thus eliminating the time needed for the body to metabolise it) as soon as they go in, and then every few days.

Stop smoking or vaping

Do some cardio

Get decent sleep

That's a hell of a lot of Vitamin D! - about 2,000,000% of the RDA by my reckoning