Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

As he should, not enough joined up thinking between the devolved nations

What's stopping him picking up the phone then?

What a load of crap. Devolvement means they can chose there own path and they did.

They also had a meeting with gove last week so its not like no one is bothering to talk to each other.

If they want a more joined up approach fine, make some calls and get it sorted. 

No doubt anything that goes wrong then would also be the fault of the uk government. 

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Looks like the infections for > 70s, the most vulnerable group, isn’t rising.

My conclusion is that we don’t need another lockdown.

Sadly, those who we voted in to run the country think very, very differently at present.

I'd guess the over 70s infection rate isn't increasing, as they're generally either still shielding or being more sensible than folk half their age. I'm all for putting anybody over 60 under house arrest until this all goes away, keep the old duffers locked up and let the rest of us crack on, obviously still being cautious, as its still not a situation to be taken lightly at all.

1 hour ago, dave2980 said:

That's a hell of a lot of Vitamin D! - about 2,000,000% of the RDA by my reckoning

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/

I think you might have sat on your calcualtor mate -

I made an error - I wrote 1000 iu is 25 mg, when it should be 1000 iu is 25 mcg (micrograms) -  most tablets come in this format.

To be ultra confusing micrograms isn't always written "mcg" - it's a symbol crossed between a U and a P and is sometimes written ug   !!!! - 

Recommended daily amount is 400iu, or 10micrograms (mcg or ug,!) 

NHS say dont take more than 4000iu per day, or 100 micrograms - or 4 normal tablets.

be a lot easier if everyone used iu

7 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/

I think you might have sat on your calcualtor mate -

I made an error - I wrote 1000 iu is 25 mg, when it should be 1000 iu is 25 mcg (micrograms) -  most tablets come in this format.

To be ultra confusing micrograms isn't always written "mcg" - it's a symbol crossed between a U and a P and is sometimes written ug   !!!! - 

Recommended daily amount is 400iu, or 10micrograms (mcg or ug,!) 

NHS say dont take more than 4000iu per day, or 100 micrograms - or 4 normal tablets.

be a lot easier if everyone used iu

The micro symbol is the greek letter mu, commonly used in engineering!

13 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

The micro symbol is the greek letter mu, commonly used in engineering!

as far as medicine is concerned they need something that folk understand universally - each tablet or dose should be measured in iu.

when you come to buy medicines there's about 5 ways of labelling the amounts, and if it's liquid its even worse - sometimes they lable the bottle with the entire iu of the contents, and a ml dosage, so you have to convert the ml into icu to work out what you're taking - marketing ploys to make you think youre getting more than you really are.      

Edited by peelyfeet

1 hour ago, jeep said:

Your post about your Uni mate was an example of bullying. 

That's where.

Even a dimwit like you can understand that......

As I said, when it suits....

Typical commie 😉

Was a statement of fact.

Even a dimwit can see there was nothing in my words to say I approved of it or otherwise. 

Typical Nazi😉