Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

To be fair, I think most folk in most areas are being compliant but the few areas that aren’t are really fucking things up. A two-week complete shutdown of any non-essential business would see this off provided folk going into the essential places were told, “We don’t give a fuck that you feel you’re exempt from masks, if you won’t wear one then stay home and have your essentials delivered!”

Just now, Escobarp said:

The fact that there are virtually no cases Where I live and compliance appears high. Would you like any better evidence than what is actually happening?

I can find some obscure site from the web with frothing at the mouth simpletons that contradicts it or proves it either way as well of course just let me know which you would prefer 

Just now, Escobarp said:

I can find some obscure site from the web with frothing at the mouth simpletons that contradicts it or proves it either way as well of course just let me know which you would prefer 

What boils my piss is people saying ‘ I will make an informed decision based on the risk. I know the virus is real but I do not agree with the measures.’ 

Well madam, what are you making your ‘informed decision’ on ? Your 20 years of working in a beauty salon ? Facebook ? Twitter ? Some silly cunt you met in TK Max ? Matt Le Tissier ? Denise Welch ? Katie Hopkins ? Bunch of red necks in the States ? 

Because you are clearly not listening the information provided by people who have spent a lifetime studying viruses , how they spread and how you control them. It is a mask, use it. 

I know you are only 40 and think the virus only affects older people and those with underlying conditions but since when did you decide our veterans and other pensioners do not deserve our support you stupid ignorant cow ? 

I see the state Twiggy is in and know other people who have it. It takes about 5 minutes a day and a bit of discomfort to save people’s lives just fucking do it 

This rant is clearly not aimed at Escobarp. 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just the bubble of year 13 (6th form) kids have been told to isolate rather than all. Years 7 & 11 I believe are all receiving letters at home saying to isolate. 

Aye. Same happened at my nipper’s school. Kids doing exams this year are going to be screwed if this keeps up.

They need some sort of mobile testing unit that can rock up at schools once a kid is confirmed as having it. then kids can get back in ASAP. 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

What boils my piss is people saying ‘ I will make an informed decision based on the risk. I know the virus is real but I do not agree with the measures.’ 

Well madam, what are you making your ‘informed decision’ on ? Your 20 years of working in a beauty salon ? Facebook ? Twitter ? Some silly cunt you met in TK Max ? Matt Le Tissier ? Denise Welch ? Katie Hopkins ? Bunch of red necks in the States ? 

Because you are clearly not listening the information provided by people who have spent a lifetime studying viruses , how they spread and how you control them. It is a mask, use it. 

I know you are only 40 and think the virus only affects older people and those with underlying conditions but since when did you decide our veterans and other pensioners do not deserve our support you stupid ignorant cow ? 

I see the state Twiggy is in and know other people who have it. It takes about 5 minutes a day and a bit of discomfort to save people’s lives just fucking do it 

This rant is clearly not aimed at Escobarp. 

Good job I read to the end then 😁

but I agree with your post. The disruption to my life at present is minimal when I compare it to lockdown so I would quite like to keep it this way and if that means putting a face covering on in a shop or pub while I go for a piss then I’m more than happy to do it.  I take extra care in pubs etc and sanitize my hands to the extreme. 

but as @MancWandererhas highlighted it’s becoming second nature up here. Again there are exceptions but I tend not to frequent the places where these people are likely to be exposed to me for a prolonged period  of time. 

We do have a core of our population who believe it’s always someone else’s responsibility or problem eh. If we all just do as asked then life gets back to normal much sooner. I just hope our wonderful police force start to dish out more and more punishments as a deterrent. When Tracey can’t afford to buy her 40 cigs a day as she’s a fine to pay then maybe just maybe they will start to do what’s asked and be respectful to the rest of the population. 

36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

😆 Very true.

Cases are rising here, especially with a minority of students acting like idiots (hopefully they are made examples of). But generally cases have always been lower here. Goes hand in hand with what Manc was talking about regarding compliance. Really don't know what evidence people need. It's what all the scientists are saying. More compliance results in less community transmission.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Do you think there would be fewer cases of people were not wearing masks? Dont know, but probably lttle difference

Do you think masks are making the problem worse? Don't know, but unlikely.

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

😆 Very true.

Cases are rising here, especially with a minority of students acting like idiots (hopefully they are made examples of). But generally cases have always been lower here. Goes hand in hand with what Manc was talking about regarding compliance. Really don't know what evidence people need. It's what all the scientists are saying. More compliance results in less community transmission.

I’m no scientist but it seems pretty simple to me. Maybe we are the simpletons though and it’s the others who know better than the experts (and I don’t include Facebook ma’s under the expert banner)

Went across to Walthamstow market yesterday (picked up a back of a lorry shirt for a fiver) and it was rammed - no social distancing. One stall holder said there's no way they'll be there next week as the restrictions will stop them. The weather isn't helping, was like the middle of summer yesterday. Could do with a cold snap to keep folk indoors. 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Why do surgeons wear masks in a theatre BD? You would be happy to have an operation with the surgeon not wearing a mask? Yes I’m assuming? 

Sure

I wear my masks as required.

Edited by boltondiver

Just now, Escobarp said:

So why do surgeons wear them you missed that bit of my question? If they don’t stop transmission of viruses etc as your earlier post implies then what is the need in a theatre scenario? 

Oh sorry.

I expect that their masks are of heavier clinical duty than the 10 for a fiver at Tesco.

I'm happy to be wrong on all matters

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Oh sorry.

I expect that their masks are of heavier clinical duty than the 10 for a fiver at Tesco.

I'm happy to be wrong on all matters

Thanks. I’m happy for you to be right and then we don’t have any problem Whatsoever and life can get back to normal straight away.

I wish these experts would stop lying to us that we have a problem and I can then get to Thailand in December as planned. 

Masks dont bother me at all as i can see how its going to help stop a second wave, which I still dont think will happen. Deaths and hospitalizations by the way. Not positve cases.

Its the silly things that impacts businesses that wont serve any purpose that do.

Kids being sent home from school while the beaches are packed this weekend, Pubs having restricted hours etc. Its just bollocks and wont stop the spread. We are either in or out.