Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Been to Blackpool today.

Fuck me.

Why is it fat scutters have so many tattoos? Horrid cunts.

Masks about 50/50.

Come, come, nuclear bomb.

What you get when you lock everywhere down and leave one place with flashing lights open 😂

1 hour ago, leigh white said:

Had my stint in B/Pool at the tail end of my youth and enjoyed every minute, rather go taking Grandkids now over to Bispham for walks along that part.

Aye on the green near norbreck castle? Best views in the area there.

Keep on walking down the dip to the new prom at anchorsolme all way to cleveleys and beyond.

Its fuckin ace and worlds apart from thr madness down the road.

51 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

UNION ARMS PUB (TYLDESLEY)

To the people who can’t do simple maths, 6 + 4 = 10. 10 - 4 = 6 and this is how many are allowed at tables at any one time - this is simple maths. 

To those of you who want to book tables of 7 or 8 and are asked to reduce to 6 and think sneaking your 2 mates onto your table (which would’ve been the norm, but is no longer) and when we ask you to move, you call us every name under the sun - under your breath obviously, not brave enough to say it to our face. We WILL reduce your drinking time to zero. 

You will be asked to fill in track and trace, you will not be served unless you fill one in. This has been in place since July 4th when we reopened, it’s the LAW and you’re not exempt. 

To the idiot who thought it was a game of charades sticking the track and trace form to your halfwit mates head, you were caught in the act as Shazza is always on the prowl. 

To the ones who think the one metre rule does not apply to you, buy a tape measure so you can understand what a metre is and how it STILL applies to you.

To the underage girls sat on table 10 editing your ID to try and get served, we don’t accept photo ID, especially not fake, edited photo ID. We only accept valid forms of ID. 

To the parents who think it’s the norm to buy your underage kids alcohol - we do actually sell age appropriate drinks for kids. 

To the people who think it’s acceptable to leave your faeces across the toilets for members of staff to clean up, it absolutely isn’t. It’s disgusting and will not be tolerated. 

To the parents who for some reason think we are a playground, for your children to let off steam, COVID regulations mean every person has to be seated unless using bathroom facilities. This also applies to adults who think play fighting is normal - it isn’t.

These are not guidelines anymore, it is the law which for us to stay open we have to abide by and require our customers to abide by too without being constantly reminded by staff. 

Dolly Parton worked 9-5 but Boris is working 10-5 in many areas, and could be seeing our area affected in the same way soon. Anybody who would like any further information, please forward your enquiries to:

Boris Johnson
10 Downing Street
Westminster 
London
SW1A 2AA

We will be running a simple maths course for anybody who is struggling with the number 6 - applying to number of people at tables and the number 18 - the legal age of consuming alcohol. This will be a free course, please enquire at the bar! And if necessary we will add a course in etiquette and manners. 

If you think this post applies to you, it probably does so take it as a warning to change your ways. But for all of our lovely, loyal customers who have supported us by abiding by all of these rules - we thank you. 

Sharon and all of the staff at The Union Arms, have a lovely day! 😁

Very funny that. But Sounds like a lovely pub indeed and one to avoid at all costs 

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Natalie Hakala has a PR of 2:17 for the 800 meters. Now she gets winded walking to the couch.

Same, but because I'm a fat cunt.

Re :  masks, not a fan of wearing one, but do wear one, because it surely has to do more good than harm.

Re : schools, we got a message this evening to say one of Junior's form-mates has tested positive, so no school for Jnr for 2 weeks now.

Escaped the lockdown this weekend and arrived at Cala Gran 3ish on Friday, nice little site, went to Mash and Barrell and sat outside in the sun, great then Saturday walked into Fleetwood, got the ferry over to knott end and after a walk round had a few drinks and some food sat in the beer garden of the Bourne Arms, then ferry back to Fleetwood. Tram down to North pier, walked across to road to Yates then up to roof top terrace which was a completely different world to the 2 floors below us. Then into the Comedy Central facing blackpool tower at 19.30, last tram back to Broadwater at 23.00, short walk back to the caravan site

Today we got the tram into Blackpool North Pier that was full of scutters covered in tattoos so turned round then walked upto Norbeck, got back on the tram and got off at Cleveleys, fish and chips in Cleveleys Kitchen, back to the coffee shop for a quick G&T before getting back on the tram to Broadwater.

Keep out of Blackpool town centre and there's loads of things to do, anyhow, back in the caravan now which is more like an apartment then a caravan, bedroom is even en suite

Think I have to go home tomorrow but we'll see, mite stay a couple more days if the sun stays out

39 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

There's next to nothing on twitter with that hashtag. I don't have Facebook so can't see, can you search by Hashtags on it?

Edited by peelyfeet

17 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest 

Mask wearing might also be reducing the severity of the virus and ensuring that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/face-masks-could-giving-people-covid-19-immunity-researchers/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

That's really interesting article, I've got no idea what's going on anymore with all this. New information everyday on stuff I've never paid attention to before.

23 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

There's next to nothing on twitter with that hashtag. I don't have Facebook so can't see, can you search by Hashtags on it?

Just searched it. Was next to nothing recent and the only posts i saw were talking about the article. Granted facebook has more privacy but the type of people they’re alluding to in the article tend to be loud and proud with no privacy filters. 

Really strange and poor journalism

33 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Just searched it. Was next to nothing recent and the only posts i saw were talking about the article. Granted facebook has more privacy but the type of people they’re alluding to in the article tend to be loud and proud with no privacy filters. 

Really strange and poor journalism

I'm sure there's all sorts of bollocks going on, on Facebook, and there's obviously a small amount of conspiracy nuts who believe it's a 5G, paedophile ring cover-up, vaccine micro chip, George Orwell style liberty steal.

But I havent seen "a number of high profile people in the area" using social media to share conspiracy theories, so I doubt the high infection rate in Bolton has been caused by this. Anyone seen any famous locals doing this?