Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

54 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Andrew Neil with Anders Tegnell

The way he answered the "why has Sweden had many more deaths than nordics" question with - it was the poor immigrants and Stockholm had a winter holiday period, sounds like bull to me - what about Germanys immigrants, and is it nothing at all to do with Sweden having lenient restrictions for a month longer than most at the beginning? 

England Germany, Denmark Sweden and Norway all had inital outbreak at the same time, similar deaths per m and cases in the early weeks, a few weeks behind France, Italy, Spain, Belgium. 

Guess who were the only 3 countries in Europe to still have lenient restrictions in mid March. 

England, Sweden and Belarus.

Sweden have had loads more infections, cases and deaths than the 9 countries theyre nearest to, all with differing demographics. 10 times more on average, for a population 14 times smaller than the 9 added together, and it's the immigrants and a weeks holiday in Feb that caused it.  I don't believe it. 

19 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

In Bolton TC trying to kill time while my car gets its service and mot. Can't even go for a brew and a sit down.

Place is a ghost town at the best of times its proper shite today. I imagine the same is true in towns all across the country.

Cafes in Bolton aren't allowed to let people sit in.You can get a coffee at Greggs on the bus station and find a seat there

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54234084

I am sure there will be experts on Twitter that will explain it is all bullshit followed by sheep. ( or sheepole)

They basically just teed it up for Bojo to add some restrictions soon. "We need to break unnecessary links between households" was the key line.

Hospitality, Sports and entertainment will get booted to some extent I bet. Schools and businesses will crack on.

43 minutes ago, Ani said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54234084

I am sure there will be experts on Twitter that will explain it is all bullshit followed by sheep. ( or sheepole)

As a thicko can some explain.....

How many in ICU?

How many Dead? 

How many normally die in November? 

How many people infected v tests as a %.

I am trying to work out what happens for shielders.....

3 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

I'm sure there's all sorts of bollocks going on, on Facebook, and there's obviously a small amount of conspiracy nuts who believe it's a 5G, paedophile ring cover-up, vaccine micro chip, George Orwell style liberty steal.

But I havent seen "a number of high profile people in the area" using social media to share conspiracy theories, so I doubt the high infection rate in Bolton has been caused by this. Anyone seen any famous locals doing this? 

I don't know about the hashtag but she's bang on about COVID skepticism generally. At least in my experience anyway.

There was a bloke from Bolton who rang in to LBC last night, and he was heavily implying that it was some kind of conspiracy because despite all the reported cases in Bolton, he didn't kmow anyone who had contracted the virus.

I went in a shop yesterday and no one was wearing a mask except me, there was no plexi glass screen at the checkout, and the staff at the counter were stood laughing and joking with each other. People just aren't taking it seriously enough unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't know about the hashtag but she's bang on about COVID skepticism generally. At least in my experience anyway.

There was a bloke from Bolton who rang in to LBC last night, and he was heavily implying that it was some kind of conspiracy because despite all the reported cases in Bolton, he didn't kmow anyone who had contracted the virus.

I went in a shop yesterday and no one was wearing a mask except me, there was no plexi glass screen at the checkout, and the staff at the counter were stood laughing and joking with each other. People just aren't taking it seriously enough unfortunately.

I agree with that.

The article is trying to claim that it's covid scepticism via  social media bollocks that is the cause of the spike in Bolton, driven by a number of high profile people from the area posting shit.

• Members
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

I was gonna get a brew from Costa on Victoria Square and sit in the sun but it's closed down.😄

I haven’t been in town for ages, went to Game on Friday and it’s not there, it’s in sports direct. Very bizarre.

31 minutes ago, Big E said:

As a thicko can some explain.....

How many in ICU? -  

How many Dead? 

How many normally die in November? 

How many people infected v tests as a %.

I am trying to work out what happens for shielders.....

The info you want changes with the various reports that are issued - some of them are daily with a lag, some weekly with a lag, and others monthly.

ICU numbers aren't a great way of measuring total deaths of covid, as more people are dying at home and in care homes, but they are a good way of measuring infection spread,  although a few weeks behind.

There's all sorts on here

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-covid-19-surveillance-reports

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.210160592.452018062.1600691041-559566711.1577983804

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

https://www.icnarc.org/Our-Audit/Audits/Cmp/Reports

5 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Got a message saying face masks need to be worn by parents on Saturday league

outside ffs 

The FA, and LFA met over the weekend, apparently new update being issued this afternoon, and I bet another one before the weekend, based on which restrictions Bojo adnnounces tomorrow. Hope they keep outdoor sport - can't see them keeping indoor for the duration. I might be wrong, just guessing

• Site Supporter

They won't cancel outdoor sports, it's too vital to mental and physical wellbeing, especially kids.

They'll simply insist on masks etc. Though we all did track n trace, sanitiser etc.. at the weekend.

No more schools seem to have sent kids home today, promising sign.

Poor from the scientists, I thought.

More project terrify.

It wasn’t a prediction, but that is the slide that will stay in people’s minds.

Anything less than lockdown will seem like an enhancement of our liberty.

If I was to guess, I reckon we're on for another half arsed lockdown. Schools and work they'll try to keep the same (although WFH if/where possible), pubs and restaurants on a 10pm curfew with table service only, and people told not to mix with anybody from outside their own household. Outside sports can continue, but indoor sports knocked on the head

It'll be farcical.