Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

They may as well have let Reeves and Mortimer do the update given the response.

Half the country think they're fearmongering. Half the country want a full lockdown and wages off the government.

It's rapidly turning into another Brexit where lines are being drawn and sides chosen because you're asking people to predict the future.

The social media driven zeitgeist is upon us and if I were Boris I'd just be honest and stand up tomorrow, tell everyone to fuck off and sling a carrier bag full of shit at the oppostion benches before resigning and fucking off to Italy to spend the next 10 years being wanked off by Berlosconi's harem.

Edited by Spider

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

The social media driven zeitgeist is upon us and if I were Boris I'd just be honest and stand up tomorrow, tell everyone to fuck off and sling a carrier bag full of shit at the oppostion benches before resigning and fucking off to Italy to spend the next 10 years being wanked off by Berlosconi's harem.

I reckon you would quite like to be the one doing the wanking 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I reckon you would quite like to be the one doing the wanking 

For a sack of cash, a harem of stunning Italian girls and a few years doing whatever I wanted? I'd give BoJo a reacharound no problem. I'd even spit on my hand first.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

For a sack of cash, a harem of stunning Italian girls and a few years doing whatever I wanted? I'd give BoJo a reacharound no problem. I'd even spit on my hand first.

With the way the economy is going you're more likely to be wanking off Bassini, round the side of the club shop for enough to buy a pot noodle from home bargains 

Does anybody think that the Government is handling this well?

I know its uncharted territory, but the handling has been pretty poor, and I think Boris hasn't shown himself to be a great leader throughout this, as he's generally nowhere to be seen

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know its uncharted territory, but the handling has been pretty poor, and I think Boris hasn't shown himself to be a great leader throughout this, as he's generally nowhere to be seen

Most people on here seem to agree with the big decisions

• Moderators

I think time will tell, 5, 10, 20 years on. There's no credible opposition. Uncharted times, lot of people with lots of opinions, none of them want it actually on their conscience. Kier Starmer would run a fucking mile if Bozza called a snap election.

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

The info you want changes with the various reports that are issued - some of them are daily with a lag, some weekly with a lag, and others monthly.

ICU numbers aren't a great way of measuring total deaths of covid, as more people are dying at home and in care homes, but they are a good way of measuring infection spread,  although a few weeks behind.

There's all sorts on here

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-covid-19-surveillance-reports

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.210160592.452018062.1600691041-559566711.1577983804

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

https://www.icnarc.org/Our-Audit/Audits/Cmp/Reports

thanks. i will have a gander later. 

38 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Kier Starmer would run a fucking mile if Bozza called a snap election.

I agree, I also think the Conservative party would love to get rid of Boris, he's fucking shit, thing is absolutely nobody will want the gig at present

Just now, Blondi said:

Does anyone know if my Mrs who is a mobile hairdresser, is she allowed into somebody's house? We're in the Warrington area, but from tomorrow, the town is in local lockdown, just going around in circles trying to find out the rules.

All on the Govt website?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Does anyone know if my Mrs who is a mobile hairdresser, is she allowed into somebody's house? We're in the Warrington area, but from tomorrow, the town is in local lockdown, just going around in circles trying to find out the rules.

Just get her some of these:

All sizes | 1963-big-scissors | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Site Supporter

Few Leyton Orient players tested positive

Gundogan for the massives.

2 people I know who are definitely well behaved when it comes to masks/distancing, so assuming from kids at school.

Stock up on vitamin D.

But keep working.

40 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not aware of any changes to people working? Tradesmen etc can still go into people’s houses so I can’t see why not 

That's what I thought, but she's already had one of her client's saying she might have to cancel because of the new restrictions. 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That’s because the client clearly can’t read I would say mate 

I know, anyway, just been confirmed on a live Warrington Council meeting, it is fine to carry on going into people's homes, for trades, even mentioned mobile hairdressers, so all is good! Think my Mrs fancied being off again, so that's not going to happen now!😂

Interesting point I saw on Twitter earlier, Peely (or someone else) might be able to shed light on if it is valid or not. 

To get a test you pretty much have to state that you have symptoms, unless you’re key worker etc. Or sent one in the post etc., therefore could a shit load of asymptomatic cases be being classified as symptomatic? I personally know a few young people who have tested positive and never developed any symptoms, they all had to enter that they had symptoms before getting the test.

It doesn’t change the effects of the virus to those who are symptomatic but it’s an interesting point to consider regarding the data.

Edited by DaisyHWanderer

27 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Interesting point I saw on Twitter earlier, Peely (or someone else) might be able to shed light on if it is valid or not. 

To get a test you pretty much have to state that you have symptoms, unless you’re key worker etc. Or sent one in the post etc., therefore could a shit load of asymptomatic cases be being classified as symptomatic? I personally know a few young people who have tested positive and never developed any symptoms, they all had to enter that they had symptoms before getting the test.

It doesn’t change the effects of the virus to those who are symptomatic but it’s an interesting point to consider regarding the data.

So why are they going for tests in the first place if they’ve no symptoms? Because someone they have been near has tested positive I assume?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

I think time will tell, 5, 10, 20 years on. There's no credible opposition. Uncharted times, lot of people with lots of opinions, none of them want it actually on their conscience. Kier Starmer would run a fucking mile if Bozza called a snap election.

Absolutely. 

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

The more this plays out, the more it becomes apparent that barring the odd one or two most countries in Europe have had similar sorts of results, even if some differences in approach.

On that basis I'd say the government has done a reasonable job. No one perfect and all having to deal with similar issues.

We'll learn more as and when countries have their inquiries and investigations. 

Can't satisfy everyone- clear from comments here, but balancing economy and public health must be really difficult. 

Was talking to the mother of a lady in the High dependency ward earlier: numbers still low in hospital but a little higher. She described seeing her daughter as being genuinely scared in the height of the situation a while ago, which was unusual for someone experienced who usually takes things in her stride. Face also slightly bruised and swollen from continued wearing of PPE.

Not a place any of us should be prepared to happily return to just because it might not make sense to follow a particular bit of guidance etc.