Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we follow Spain and France we won’t double every 7 days, that graph they showed was a disgrace,  Witty and Valance look to me like project fear.

Piss poor that Boris let them lose on national tv spouting figures that look highly unlikely to ever happen.

The infection rate in Bolton has gone up from 27 per 100,000 to 238 per 100,000 in 3 weeks. 900% increase or a doubling every week for 3 weeks. 

Hospitalisations up from 2 to 30 odd (I'm guessing, as it was 23 last thursday) in the same period.

Infection rates all over the Northwest are following Bolton.

Vallance even said in the briefing, "this is not a prediction" , its what could happen if current infection rates double every week.

What do you think they should have said instead?

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I didn’t think they could have been any clearer yesterday. If cases continue to double every week (as they have been) then this is what would happen. I’m not sure how anyone can argue with that.

It's basically people trying to pick apart what's said, as it doesn't suit what they want to see. 

The number of cases in Spain are about 50% higher than at their peak. France has almost doubled. We are only at about 75%. of our peak. We are testing far more than them. All countries are trying different methods to control it without the need of a total lockdown. Peely mentioned ‘wack a mole’ policies. Everyone is trying it.

2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I didn’t think they could have been any clearer yesterday. If cases continue to double every week (as they have been) then this is what would happen. I’m not sure how anyone can argue with that.

Because it is not want they want to hear. 

6 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The number of cases in Spain are about 50% higher than at their peak. France has almost doubled. We are only at about 75%. of our peak. We are testing far more than them. All countries are trying different methods to control it without the need of a total lockdown. Peely mentioned ‘wack a mole’ policies. Everyone is trying it.

Exaclty. Nothing will stop it. 

• Moderators

Everything Chris Whitty says is being peer reviewed by our most eminent medical people, the very people we're led to believe will be producing this vaccine even. Yet bloke on the internet without a GCSE in Biology knows better. Hilarious.

He may be wrong, they might all be wrong, but fuck me, Denise Welch in the house.

Just seen a graph basically trying to show that the 50,000 scenario is bollocks because it’s more pessimistic than what is happening in France and Spain. But the reason things aren’t even worse in those countries is surely because they’ve already introduced the corrective measures we are now about to introduce?

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Exaclty. Nothing will stop it. 

Reducing the amount of contacts everyone has with everyone else will make the spread slower than it would be without.

Before all this I would normally;

Take 2 neighbours kids to school 5 days a week

Take 1 neighbour to bwfc training 3 days a week

Stand next to a group of football dads for 6 hrs a week

Watch BWFC twice a month

Visit 8 customer's offices a week

Meet my business partner in Tickled Trout lounge for a weekly meeting

Go and see either my dad/brothers/sister twice a week for a brew

Take the family out to the pub or out for tea once or twice a week

Travel down on the train and stay in London for 4 days a month - tube every day

Expos once every few months (thousands of folk)

Go swimming once a week 

Gym twice a week

Cinema once a month

Be in multiple shops every week.

Dentist/doctors/physio a few times a year

None of this is happening at the moment, so the amount of folk I'm coming into contact with has massivley reduced, and so my chances of bumping into an infected person will be much lower than it would be if I still did all the stuff above. Doesn't mean I'm not going to ultimatley catch it, just that the timescale of me doing so is greatly extended.  Multiply this over large portions of the poulation and it has a massive effect. 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Where's the fun in that? What does Shaz on Facebook reckon?

Bill Gates wants to insert a microchip into your arm so that he can monitor everything that you do, enabling him to sell targetted advertising to you, to give him enough funding for his his satanic paedohpile ring to flourish undetected - this is actually what some folk really believe.

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Bill Gates wants to insert a microchip into your arm so that he can monitor everything that you do, enabling him to sell targetted advertising to you, to give him enough funding for his his satanic paedohpile ring to flourish undetected - this is actually what some folk really believe.

Sounds reasonable

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Sounds reasonable

Obvious isn't it

Pick someone you dont like who's invoved in complex technology that most folk have no clue about  - Bill Gates, he's a rich, hippie geek with specs, doing some good stuff for the world with his cash

Pick some henious crime - Paedophilia, pretty much as despised as you can get

Link them up with bad things happening in the world, and hey presto, someone to blame.