Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can't see them changing this now until after christmas.

Simply because they don't trust the public to behave and quite honestly they're probably right.

Non-mask wearers (expemptions notwithstanding) should now be barred from shops full stop.

I agree, sadly.

Going to be a long dark winter this one

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

They'll be locked for 10 weeks around here.

At least the schools are open. Gives us a fighting chance of avoiding a depression.

They need some sort of mobile testing units that can rock up a schools and test entire bubbles if a kid gets it. 

My nipper is home for 2 weeks at the minute, Year 11.

Telling 300 kids to self isolate is dogshit

Johnson is asked to explain why the government is bringing in the 22:00 curfew for pubs and restaurants.

The PM says that the government has seen evidence that transmission "does tend to happen later at night after more alcohol has been consumed".

He says that introducing the limit on serving time is "one way of driving down the R number without doing [excessive] economic damage".

haha, would love to see that kind of data

what a clueless set of idiots

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

They need some sort of mobile testing units that can rock up a schools and test entire bubbles if a kid gets it. 

they exist - cost £40k each - the problem is, if you have the test too early, it doesn't work. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Both badly dressed as well, oversized suits, tie all over the place, they looked well out of place, and Boris definitely threw them out there. They looked like Bert and Ernie.

I think they both do perfectly well. I like listening to them and the science behind them. I find Whitty's uncompromising pragmatism pleasing because he's not going to bend to those with agendas or with a penchant for a good moan.

Doggedly utilising the knowledge base, science, experience etc to deal with what we have.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It will be the teachers getting ill that closes schools. 

Teachings hard, atm it's been made even more difficult as it all has to be done from the front, no moving round, no checking work, and no marking..

However every lesson has to be put online with a corresponding video and made self teaching for isolating kids.

And the kids just don't get it.. they all think it's just a cold. 

Back to the original point by Cheese, the school has to identify who has been sat next to the positive case. 

more than a minute within one meter more than 20 mins within 2, outside doesn't really count. 

It takes time to look at seating plans and identify firstly which kids have been next to them, and then within 2 meters. Probably be about 50 kids that have to isolate, unless they can't track seating plans in which case it's the year group. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

#thinkingforyourself

though to be fair, lockdown will have left their holiday plans all shook up

I think there are a few suspicious minds as to the intent of the tourists

Perhaps a little less conversation is needed

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I mean send em home, get em all back in 3 days later, test the snotty little buggers and let them get on with life.

I know what you mean, in an ideal world you'd be able to test everyone several times a day to find the infected quickly, but I can't see them changing the 14 days any time soon, they havent got enough testing capacity, yet, and some are taking 4 or 5 days to get results.

I can't remember the figures but a large % of the tests we see every day are for NHS staff and other prioritised folk, some who have to get tested every few days for their job.   

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

#thinkingforyourself

Elvis celebrations should be way down the list of priorities. 

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

#thinkingforyourself

Dont be cruel

with your suspicious mind, I bet it was heartbreak hotel for them

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

This is all against the backdrop of a vaccine being very close, at any rate, but in the short term... fuck.

A vaccine, for mass distribution is absolutely nowhere near being "very close" that's at least 12 months away yet

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can't see them changing this now until after christmas.

Simply because they don't trust the public to behave and quite honestly they're probably right.

Non-mask wearers (expemptions notwithstanding) should now be barred from shops full stop.

Aye, reckon you're right.

Laying the foundations for saying things need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Didn't catch it clearly on the radio, but didn't he say retail employees must also wear masks?

Not just customers. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, reckon you're right.

Laying the foundations for saying things need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Didn't catch it clearly on the radio, but didn't he say retail employees must also wear masks?

Not just customers. 

Yes, and hospitality staff