Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It'll happen again with this. 

If we go over 50k, they'll be accused of underestimating, not doing enough.

If we go under, or only at 50k for a few weeks, folk will say there was no need for restrictions, we over reacted.

Cant win

A very pertinent comment earlier from Boris about this country's liberties and the fact its not easy to take them away. Seems to go against the grain with him which might help explain why we went into initial lockdown a bit later than others.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A very pertinent comment earlier from Boris about this country's liberties and the fact its not easy to take them away. Seems to go against the grain with him which might help explain why we went into initial lockdown a bit later than others.

that was for his backbenchers and tory voters, these are the biggest group that don't want any further lockdown. Its got feck all to do with him personally.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

that was for his backbenchers and tory voters, these are the biggest group that don't want any further lockdown. Its got feck all to do with him personally.

Horse dump.

Of course he has to try and play the ultimate balancing game, but I believe its ingrained in him.

Strangely, I reckon if TM had still been in charge, she'd have been more willing to adopt a more hard line approach where necessary. Bit like the other lady North of the border.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Horse dump.

Of course he has to try and play the ultimate balancing game, but I believe its ingrained in him.

Strangely, I reckon if TM had still been in charge, she'd have been more willing to adopt a more hard line approach where necessary. Bit like the other lady North of the border.

Sorry pal, its the truth - the polls have it thus. Interesting breakdown if it on the Today programme this morning.

So horse dump yer self you big blinkered fanny.

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

I’m not defending the government. Communication has been pathetic. Decisions? Who knows. Some say they should be harder, some say they have gone too far. If WW was a government, nothing would get done, too many differing views. Apart from Germany as I’ve said previously, every government has been criticised by its people. (there have been demonstrations in Germany though)

New Zealand people didn't, she seems to have it all in hand, but being an island does have it advantages, which we threw away

4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I’ve seen a number of people citing this guy before. What’s his background? Is he someone we should be listening to?

Depends on your world view

A cautionary tale. For both social and business reasons, I follow the situation in the Czech Republic. At the start of this crisis they took decisive action. Locked down early and Insisted on mask wearing in all public places. As a result, they had very few cases and therefore very few deaths. Better statistics than Germany.

They were one of the first to come out of lockdown and collectively, patted there selves on the back.

Like all other countries, their cases have shot up. 377 at the pea in March, 3000 yesterday.

Their new restrictions include a 10pm curfew in bars and restaurants (popular) but no lockdown, yet.

This why I tend not to be too critical of our government.

9 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

New Zealand people didn't, she seems to have it all in hand, but being an island does have it advantages, which we threw away

I know people in NZ who aren’t happy but generally I’d agree that most are. They have been affected economically like everyone else. The problem I see there is that eventually they will have to open up. They can wait until a vaccine is available or continue their isolation with its economic consequences. As has been said many times, time will tell.