Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Fair question and fair point. And I guess that’s why this is so hard. Whoever we listen to is only ever giving their best guess right now. 

Quite

And a great number of mathematicians and virologists wrote to the govt in the past day to explain the flaws in their presented data and to say that community P2 testing is wrong at least 9/10 times. 

90% most of those who’ve tested positive are almost certain to be negative. 

They are introducing these measures on such baseless data. And the outcome is that lives and livelihoods will be lost as a result 

In my opinion (and that’s all it is) this is unacceptable. It’s not cos I want a beer at 10:05pm, it’s because I think it kills more people in the long run.

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Quite

And a great number of mathematicians and virologists wrote to the govt in the past day to explain the flaws in their presented data and to say that community P2 testing is wrong at least 9/10 times. 

They are introducing these measures on such baseless data. And the outcome is that lives and livelihoods will be lost as a result 

In my opinion (and that’s all it is) this is unacceptable. It’s not cos I want a beer at 10:05pm, it’s because I think it kills more people in the long run.

Quite

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Anyway, for reasons known only to the scientists, next spring will be better than this spring

Well we'll be prepared for a start. We'll have the infrastructure to better cope, staff that are trained and have the right PPE, better treatments and possibly (just possibly) a vaccine. 

We'll be in a much better position come spring (providing the virus hasn't done something crazy while it's made its way up from the southern hemisphere). 

10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Quite

If 90% of those who've tested positive are really negative,  the virus is massively more virulent and easily spread than we think. 

• Site Supporter

"What's the verdict, Doc?"

"Your appendix has burst, and we need to perform surgery immediately or there's a good chance you'll contract sepsis, which can be fatal"

"Bollocks. My mate down the pub reckons it's indigestion. You're obviously scare mongering, so I'm off home to watch 9/11 conspiracy videos on youtube."

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

If 90% of those who've tested positive are really negative,  the virus is massively more virulent and easily spread than we think. 

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Really!? Where did you get that from as that is news to me and I expect many others?

Absolutely. Need more information on that one.

Plenty to drill down into with regard to the pcr test method, and different methods being pushed at the moment, but that figure would be remarkable.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

Hope Rishi has got his chequebook ready for the enitre nightclub and late bar industry thats just been pulverised in one foul swoop. 

Tough shit, tis the new post Brexit way. It is what it is old bean.

To be fair, the furlough scheme was good and impossible to continue indefinitely.