Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Used to give blood. Out of the blue they send me a letter saying I've tested positive for hep-c. 

They do the tests in triplicate after donation to allow for false positives. Two out of three positive apparently. Banned from giving anymore, called into a medical appointment with them, and had to have repeated tests at 6 monthly intervals to check.

Never tested positive again!

PCR isn't perfect, but it's not worthy of dismissal either.

Wondering if anyone can help me something please? I totally get that people will have differing opinions on how we should tackle the current situation. I also understand that some people will think that the current record number of daily cases might not compare fairly with the number of cases recorded earlier in the year when we were testing far less. What I can't get my head round is why an increasing number of people seem to be suggesting that this whole thing is made up. What would be the possible explanation for our Government making this up. Let alone all governments round the world? If you think it's made up, surely you also have to think there is a reason for making it up...?

Edited by wiggy

22 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Wondering if anyone can help me something please? I totally get that people will have differing opinions on how we should tackle the current situation. I also understand that some people will think that the current record number of daily cases might not compare fairly with the number of cases recorded earlier in the year when we were testing far less. What I can't get my head round is why an increasing number of people seem to be suggesting that this whole thing is made up. What would be the possible explanation for our Government making this up. Let alone all governments round the world? If you think it's made up, surely you also have to think their is reason for making it up...?

have a look at the comments sections on here

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/

or 

https://lockdownsceptics.org/

their reasoning ranges from Bill gates wanting to inject you with a micro chip, a cover up for a satanic paedophile ring run by Joe Biden, a Geroge Orwell 1984 style communist plot to take our liberties, down to a bit of incompetence by Boris.  

Edited by peelyfeet

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

What fucks me off with people like this stupid bitch is that they have no responsibility for the impact of publishing their views. All they are bothered about is starting rows. 

I am not saying no one can have a different view than me but whatever you think of Valance and Whitty it is hard to question their intent even if you do not agree with their tactics. They get pilloried for doing their job. 
These shock jocks sole purpose is to create arguments and division.  

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Ani said:

What fucks me off with people like this stupid bitch is that they have no responsibility for the impact of publishing their views. All they are bothered about is starting rows. 

I am not saying no one can have a different view than me but whatever you think of Valance and Whitty it is hard to question their intent even if you do not agree with their tactics. They get pilloried for doing their job. 

You can tell by her profile pic that that is what she's in to

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

So considering our Rishi is throwing out tenners all over the gaff and the country will soon not have a pot to piss in, its safe to say that legalising and taxing weed is the way forward??

Legalise weed and coke and the problem is gone within a month

1 hour ago, Ani said:

like this - "let's not bother treating sick kids" shocker  - when you read the article you'll find that kids are being redirected to other hospitals that will be expanded.

Edited by peelyfeet

38 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Wondering if anyone can help me something please? I totally get that people will have differing opinions on how we should tackle the current situation. I also understand that some people will think that the current record number of daily cases might not compare fairly with the number of cases recorded earlier in the year when we were testing far less. What I can't get my head round is why an increasing number of people seem to be suggesting that this whole thing is made up. What would be the possible explanation for our Government making this up. Let alone all governments round the world? If you think it's made up, surely you also have to think there is a reason for making it up...?

Because they're fucking thick. And they try to compensate for that by convincing themselves they're actually not fucking thick, because they do "research". Unfortunately for them, their idea of "research" is a quick Google or twatting about on social media. 

Hubby's "something in City" so she's annoyed that for once money can't buy them out of the situation in the manner she feels entitled to. Hosting dinner parties is not easy now, after all.  Or she's scuttering about on tax payers' handouts and is annoyed she's not entitled to do what she wants at other people's expense for once. Choosing a scratch card while wearing a mask is not easy after all.

Cheers them up though.

Me mum is fumin' she hates being told what to do 'by kids' but always votes Tory. Is angry that Bolton is in lockdown but Bury isn't. My sister and brother in law are trying to protect them by saying they don't have to look after the grandkids, but then they get annoyed with them saying its their choice to take risks. I don't know, I say you can't just board up certain boroughs but at the moment I think any local councilor that promised to build a huge wall around the poorer parts of town would hold sway with certain folk. 

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

like this - "let's not bother treating sick kids" shocker  - when you read the article you'll find that kids are being redirected to other hospitals that will be expanded.

Kids that will now have a decreased risk of contracting coronavirus.

I hate these rent-a-gobs!

Dad of lad my son plays footy with is positive, and his son has symptoms. He trained with my lad and 10 others on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

Another lad out of the team is waiting test result of his brother.

Lad who sits next to mine at school is off awaiting results.

4 lads in his futsal team are isolating in school bubbles.

Feels like its's Closing in this now.