Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The polarisation of the situation if becoming ever more extreme. 

Left v right. No middle ground.

I think the new rules are complete bollocks. But ill still stick to them.

It's a real shame, when this first started I thought it was bringing everyone closer together but seems worse then ever. I'm hoping theres a lot who don't comment and are just quietly getting on with it trying to do the right thing and look after people around them.

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Loads of students infecting each other

Isn't that what we need?

(as long as they keep it to themselves)

Yeah, probably a good thing if they stay in. If you wanted to get herd immunity in a big load of soap dodgers, halls of residence in freshers week would be a great choice.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

My advice; don’t tell others to think or make assumptions that we’re stupid

It’s a politically neutral site that I found interesting 

Pompous twat

I think that is harsh, If you have been following this thread you will know peely has been very thorough with the science of all this.

• Moderators

There is an element of going stir crazy, when presented with a further 6 months lockdown on top of local issues. Luckily, I've got space in the house and garden and a cracking view of the hills and golf course. Must be fucking awful living in a flat, in shared accom or with someone who is a cunt.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

There is an element of going stir crazy, when presented with a further 6 months lockdown on top of local issues. Luckily, I've got space in the house and garden and a cracking view of the hills and golf course. Must be fucking awful living in a flat, in shared accom or with someone who is a cunt.

Said that myself

Early doors I saw the twats in London parks and wouldve had em shot

Then it dawned on me that 24 floors up with 4 kids ain't gonna be much fun

• Site Supporter

Had to go to a tower block in Newcastle recently for work.

All social housing, as grim as it gets, city centre location with no parks at all nearby.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if people in places like that were overdosing or end up on killing sprees. 

Most of us are pretty fortunate.

• Moderators

interesting that as mental health awareness has gone up over the past few years (or so it seems to me), that spending has gone down (apart from what looks like seasonal spikes in January)

would that be because  more people are talking about and don't need tablets as much?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

interesting that as mental health awareness has gone up over the past few years (or so it seems to me), that spending has gone down (apart from what looks like seasonal spikes in January)

would that be because  more people are talking about and don't need tablets as much?

Less willingness to go straight for the tablets. Rightly so.

As all this has become more to the fore, an unfortunate side effect, has been an increase in those who claim "to have mental health". A lot is bollocks, being a bit down, stressed etc doesn't automatically mean folk have a mental health problem.

Instances of folk being "prescribed" walks and exercise.

That the same time, whilst all this is happening, its inevitable that there will be a rise in genuine cases- its these that must be found and properly treated.

17 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Well known Bolton lad,  His daughter has recently had it. She’s put on social media that she struggled to breathe with it and said she has no idea how any smoker survives it it’s that bad. Definitely starting to gather momentum this.

He’s got it aswell ain’t he?

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

There's a national shortage of teachers. An opportunity for the government to push public roles like this.

Go and stand in a room with 30 people for an hour at a time while society makes out your a lazy shit, all the while dealing with kids that have done what they want for the last 6 months and don't know how to behave. 

I should make the adverts 

• Site Supporter
Just now, only1swanny said:

Go and stand in a room with 30 people for an hour at a time while society makes out your a lazy shit, all the while dealing with kids that have done what they want for the last 6 months and don't know how to behave. 

I should make the adverts 

Was standing in a room with 30 kids not mentioned in the interview?

Bet you heard the bit about 15 weeks off every year 💣

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

In a pandemic and not a covid safevwork environment.  

Rules don't apply to teaching though. 

I was being a little bit cheeky.

Full of admiration for the efforts teachers are making, can’t be easy right now.

Medals all round if you can keep the schools running until this is all over.

👍👍👍

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Had a letter through the door from the ONS

Offering everyone in our house £400 each to take part in a survey.

Covid swab each -  once a week for 4 weeks, followed by one a month for 11 months.

Anyone else had it?

Girl at works doing that.. she kept quiet about the payment though:p 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Girl at works doing that.. she kept quiet about the payment though:p 

Yes but I lost the fucking cover sheet and it has a code on it for your household. Some dumb shite on the phone couldn't help me so transferred me to their support line. That cut me off after 5 mins of waiting.

Ah well.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

I was being a little bit cheeky.

Full of admiration for the efforts teachers are making, can’t be easy right now.

Medals all round if you can keep the schools running until this is all over.

👍👍👍

Honestly its grim atm. Its a cracking job and I only have to work 40 weeks a year, but atm it's not the job it should be.

Typical classroom has to have a marked off teacher zone at the front, which teachers teach from.. issue is that in schools there isn't enough room for this.. so at times I'm less than 2m from students for an hour.. no masks in a closed room..

Hearing about a lot of teachers who have tested positive having spent 6 months shielding:(