Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Thought you’d chipped off?

TTFNotLong?

Saying someone is a cock On a web board is not judging them for what I perceive their job to be is it?

Read the thread back in the morning Johnny Concrete 

Don’t need to. I’m sober. Good night.

(not a clue who Johnny Concrete is)

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Nice one again. What does he know about SAGE Jules. Post shit on here mate and ill counter it. 

You attempted to downplay his comments by trying to belittle what you thought his job was. He was doing what you; Relaying other info. You (like you did with Sikora) again rely on an assassination of the messenger rather than dealing with what they posted about (you never answered about the weight of the signatories on the letter remember?)

You’ve previously waxed lyrical about your research into sources etc; you were miles out on a Dean due to an assumption...and you know it

Not that his job actually discredits the original tweet in any way

But you know that don’t you 

10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

You attempted to downplay his comments by trying to belittle what you thought his job was. He was doing what you; Relaying other info. You (like you did with Sikora) again rely on an assassination of the messenger rather than dealing with what they posted about (you never answered about the weight of the signatories on the letter remember?)

You’ve previously waxed lyrical about your research into sources etc; you were miles out on a Dean due to an assumption...and you know it

Not that his job actually discredits the original tweet in any way

But you know that don’t you 

He said " no one at SAGE has a clue"

I said " Says Dean, the recruitment consultant company owner"

That was it.

I don't agree with him. Do you think no one at SAGE has a clue? 

Edited by peelyfeet

He said " no one at SAGE has a clue what they're doing"

I said " Says Dean, the recruitment consultant company owner"

That was it.

That wasn’t even the tweet I posted

So you searched for another one by him

To try to discredit the one I posted 

Of him posting something that wasn’t even his primary source 

just to discredit the issue of the govt casusing a fuck off scrum at a tube station with the 10pm curfew

If you were genuine you’d deal with the primary issue - the 10pm curfew; the evidence (that pic) and of it means they’re more or less likely to catch covid cos of it

Yet you mention nothing remotely related

you just fucking helped to prove my point 🤣

2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

That wasn’t even the tweet I posted

So you searched for another one by him

To try to discredit the one I posted 

Of him posting something that wasn’t even his primary source 

just to discredit the issue of the govt casusing a fuck off scrum at a tube station with the 10pm curfew

If you were genuine you’d deal with the primary issue - the 10pm curfew; the evidence (that pic) and of it means they’re more or less likely to catch covid cos of it

Yet you mention nothing remotely related

you just fucking helped to prove my point 🤣

If you want to know how I found his tweet read this paragraph, if you don't,  go to the next paragraph, this one is v.boring. You posted a link to his twitter feed. My mobile shortens the feed to a Preview, so to see it all I click on it. If I click on his name, it takes me to the top of his feed,  and opens up twitter. The tweet I posted is his 2nd latest one, yours is a few earlier. So no, I didn't go searching, I had to scroll down to find yours and in doing so, read 3 or 4 mote recent tweets.

He's posted a picture of 20 folk walking down a tube entrance, which I haven't commented on, but if you want to know,  I think its not ideal, but what is the alternative? Let pubs do what they want? Shut all pubs? Stagger closures ( how would that work, and wouldn't it cause just as many  counter arguments? "Why are we open and they're closed, its not fair" " why do I have to leave at 9 when he can leave at 10.30, its not fair" 

OR MAYBE THE FOLK ALL WALKING DOWN THE STEPS AT THE SAME TIME  COULD DISTANCE THEMSELVES, OR WAIT, OR GET A CAB, OR LEAVE THE PUB 15 MINS EARLIER.(sorry, not shouting  started off in caps in error, can't be arsed changing)

If I scroll through his other tweets/ retweets, I can see that about 80%  in the last day are: anti lockdown,  there is no 2nd wave, anti tests, Sage are bobbins etc. It's plain to see what his viewpoint is and I don't agree with it.

Just because he's your mate, it doesn't make his tweets sacred. You pointed us to him, I read his content, I don't agree with it, I posted a tweet and a short comment, just like you did

Sorry if you don't like it, it's not personal. Lose your cool with me, and name call again and I'll block. I can't be arsed with falling out or petty name calling on this thread. Waste of time. 

But if I see something that I don't agree with, I'm going to counter it Jules.

Not because I'm a smug cock or I'm trying to character assassinate anyone, and  belittle someone's job ( which I didn't do by the way, I bellitled his authority to claim "Sage have no clue")

The reason I'm doing it is because I'm very, very worried that loads of folk are going to get seriously ill and all this anti sage, anti lockdown, masks don't work, 10pm doesn't work, why is my area locked down when over there is worse, why do I have to isolate when I can look after myself,  social media barrage, gives ammunition to those who think we don't need to do anything, those who think its a hoax. You might not, but loads of folk believe that. 

I'm not trying to shut you down either    I welcome debate , but if I think posts are inaccurate, unhelpful or dangerous I'll keep calling them out. Sorry  just a difference of opinion.

This huy hss been one of the SAGE members since 2009. If you want to research him, there's videos of him going back years on YouTube. Watch some and let me know if you think he has no clue. Have a read of the SAGE structure and minutes and see if you think they have no clue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08sfkbw

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

you had to go back to being a smug cock didn’t you...

He was once the youngest CEO on the FTSE and has been a NED and on the board of a number of tech businesses including those highly involved in data.

I know Dean well and he’s fiercely intelligent and consulted by the government on matters education related (You like the advisors the govt consider SME’s right? Unless you’re a hypocrite?)

Give it a rest with trying to shut down opinions with attempted character assassinations. It’s all very Trump-esque.

I suspect you might be slightly biased in your evaluation of (your friend) Dean's opinion.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

I suspect you might be slightly biased in your evaluation of (your friend) Dean's opinion.

Dean’s opinion on what?

I posted the tweet with a pic of a busy tube station.

I support the view that the 10pm rule is flawed in many ways

Whatever my view on Dean, my opinion of that particular subject is separate. There’s a couple on here struggling with that concept

7 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

If you want to know how I found his tweet read this paragraph, if you don't,  go to the next paragraph, this one is v.boring. You posted a link to his twitter feed. My mobile shortens the feed to a Preview, so to see it all I click on it. If I click on his name, it takes me to the top of his feed,  and opens up twitter. The tweet I posted is his 2nd latest one, yours is a few earlier. So no, I didn't go searching, I had to scroll down to find yours and in doing so, read 3 or 4 mote recent tweets.

He's posted a picture of 20 folk walking down a tube entrance, which I haven't commented on, but if you want to know,  I think its not ideal, but what is the alternative? Let pubs do what they want? Shut all pubs? Stagger closures ( how would that work, and wouldn't it cause just as many  counter arguments? "Why are we open and they're closed, its not fair" " why do I have to leave at 9 when he can leave at 10.30, its not fair" 

OR MAYBE THE FOLK ALL WALKING DOWN THE STEPS AT THE SAME TIME  COULD DISTANCE THEMSELVES, OR WAIT, OR GET A CAB, OR LEAVE THE PUB 15 MINS EARLIER.(sorry, not shouting  started off in caps in error, can't be arsed changing)

If I scroll through his other tweets/ retweets, I can see that about 80%  in the last day are: anti lockdown,  there is no 2nd wave, anti tests, Sage are bobbins etc. It's plain to see what his viewpoint is and I don't agree with it.

Just because he's your mate, it doesn't make his tweets sacred. You pointed us to him, I read his content, I don't agree with it, I posted a tweet and a short comment, just like you did

Sorry if you don't like it, it's not personal. Lose your cool with me, and name call again and I'll block. I can't be arsed with falling out or petty name calling on this thread. Waste of time. 

But if I see something that I don't agree with, I'm going to counter it Jules.

Not because I'm a smug cock or I'm trying to character assassinate anyone, and  belittle someone's job ( which I didn't do by the way, I bellitled his authority to claim "Sage have no clue")

The reason I'm doing it is because I'm very, very worried that loads of folk are going to get seriously ill and all this anti sage, anti lockdown, masks don't work, 10pm doesn't work, why is my area locked down when over there is worse, why do I have to isolate when I can look after myself,  social media barrage, gives ammunition to those who think we don't need to do anything, those who think its a hoax. You might not, but loads of folk believe that. 

I'm not trying to shut you down either    I welcome debate , but if I think posts are inaccurate, unhelpful or dangerous I'll keep calling them out. Sorry  just a difference of opinion.

This huy hss been one of the SAGE members since 2009. If you want to research him, there's videos of him going back years on YouTube. Watch some and let me know if you think he has no clue. Have a read of the SAGE structure and minutes and see if you think they have no clue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08sfkbw

I’ve not posted my opinion of SAGE, nor did I post Dean’s, so you’re arguing with yourself on that one. The fact that you had to get there is not my fault, nor did I point you to his other tweets as I embedded the one I did post.

My opinion is that the 10pm rule is daft; scenes like in that pic are inevitable. This was an example of that...that’s it. Literally that’s it...

if I post 1 tweet by someone it doesn’t mean I believe everything they say. 
As I posted the other day, that’s the problem with this place - the Brexit thread is the same; a critique of any element of 1 side’s views and all they do is try to discredit and bang on about other elements of the position of the “opposition”, rather than simply deal with the point that was raised.

And IMO you did it in a smug way. And not for the first time

See if you’d stuck to 10pm and your views on the pubs and the tube rather than a pop at Dean, the rest is avoided

As I posted the other day, I’m not extreme I’m in the middle but I don’t believe the latest measures are right. As you can’t stick to this due to your “crusade”, I’m off this topic...enjoy the echo chamber 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

I’ve not posted my opinion of SAGE, nor did I post Dean’s, so you’re arguing with yourself on that one. The fact that you had to get there is not my fault, nor did I point you to his other tweets as I embedded the one I did post.

My opinion is that the 10pm rule is daft; scenes like in that pic are inevitable. This was an example of that...that’s it. Literally that’s it...

if I post 1 tweet by someone it doesn’t mean I believe everything they say. 
As I posted the other day, that’s the problem with this place - the Brexit thread is the same; a critique of any element of 1 side’s views and all they do is try to discredit and bang on about other elements of the position of the “opposition”, rather than simply deal with the point that was raised.

And IMO you did it in a smug way. And not for the first time

See if you’d stuck to 10pm and your views on the pubs and the tube rather than a pop at Dean, the rest is avoided

As I posted the other day, I’m not extreme I’m in the middle but I don’t believe the latest measures are right. As you can’t stick to this due to your “crusade”, I’m off this topic...enjoy the echo chamber 

And I didn't reply directly to you or post any comment to your/Deans 10pm post Jules, it's an open forum where we can post and reply to what we want, in what order we like. 

Earlier you posted a link to the analysis of Whitty and Valances "this is not a forecast" chart, after folk had posted related stuff becaue you'd followed the story, expanded it a bit,  taken a view on it and then posted what you think is highlighting their error - and that's great - and I did exactly the same thing.

If you post a link to something, some peole are going to read it and take it further - embbeded tweets on here send the reader to the profile of the tweeter when you click on their name.

I think you've taken the knock because you know the guy,  and you think I was belittleing recrcuitment consultancy  - I wasn't I was highlighting that its a bit hypocrtical to say Sage have no clue about covid when you're area of expertise appears to be in something totally different.

You say you're in the middle Jules, but your recent posts have been from lockdownskeptics.org, Karol sikora, charts critical of the whitty and valance and your business mate who's twitter feed is predominatly anti lockdown. It doesn't look like you're in the middle from all of that - It looks like your on one side of the arguemnet.

Have a nice day at golf, seriously - I'm off to a distanced football session in Flyde - in the sun hopefully

Edited by peelyfeet

And I didn't reply directly to you or post any comment to your/Deans 10pm post Jules, it's an open forum where we can post and reply to what we want, in what order we like. 

Earlier you posted a link to the analysis of Whitty and Valances "this is not a forecast" chart,  after folk had posted related stuff becaue you'd followed the story, exopanded it a bit,  taken a view on it and then posted what you think is highlighting their error - and that's great - and I did exactly the same thing.

If you post a link to something, some peole are going to read it and take it further - embbeded tweets on here send the reader to the profile of the tweeter when you click on their name.

I think you've taken the knock because you know the guy,  and you think I was belittleing recrcuitment consultancy  - I wasn't I was highlighting that its a bit hypocrtical to say Sage have no clue about covid when you're area of expertise appears to be in something totally different.

you say you're in the middle Jules but your posts have been from lockdownskeptics.org, Karol sikora and your business  mate who's twitter feed is predominatly anti lockdown.

have a nice day at golf, seriously - I'm off to a distanced football session in Flyde - in the sun hopefully

The links have admittedly, but if you read my actual content, I’ve stressed time after time I am not a corona denier nor do I believe certain measures should not be taken.

I just feel the latest lot are not the best way forward for us. my own critique has (almost exclusively) been about the latest measures only.... 

Thats kinda in the middle right?

Have a good day at the footy 

19 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

The links have admittedly, but if you read my actual content, I’ve stressed time after time I am not a corona denier nor do I believe certain measures should not be taken.

I just feel the latest lot are not the best way forward for us. my own critique has (almost exclusively) been about the latest measures only.... 

Thats kinda in the middle right?

Have a good day at the footy 

OK Jules - I didn't reply to your 10pm thing, nor your content, nor made any critique of you - I found a tweet that I thought was very hypocritcal and inaccurate after I'd been sent on a little trip from your original tweet

I've also posted content that has been anti govmt policy. 

I'm far from a Bojo fan, and have been critical of Whitty and Valance also - I'm pro science, and I think some folk are lumping in the politics with the science incorrectly, it's very hard not to.

10pm pub curfews might not be well thought out in terms of crowds at leaving times, but it will reduce the duration of contact inside  - does it increase or decrease infection rates a lot - probably not in my opinion, I think soe folk have latched onto it to say "look, the government have doe it wrong again" - their intention was to try and reduce infection transmission and protect the hospitality trade to some extent, at the same time - not everything is going to work 100%. - me personally - Id shut the pubs inside comopleteley - make them all outdoor, or partially covered.

Edited by peelyfeet

7 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

OK Jules - I didn't reply to your 10pm thing, nor your content, nor made any critique of you - I found a tweet that I thought was very hypocritcal and inaccurate after I'd been sent on a little trip from your original tweet

I've also posted content that has been anti govmt policy. 

I'm far from a Bojo fan, and have been critical of Whitty and Valance also - I'm pro science, and I think some folk are lumping in the politics with the science incorrectly, it's very hard not to.

10pm pub curfews might not be well thought out in terms of crowds at leaving times, but it will reduce the duration of contact inside  - does it increase or decrease infection rates a lot - probably not in my opinion, I think soe folk have latched onto it to say "look, the government have doe it wrong again" - their intention to try and reduce ifection and protect the econmy at the same time - not everything is going to work 100%.

Let’s make this constructive and deal with my concerns only 

I know the measures mean well but they do induce congregation where it’s less monitored and harder to control, whilst simultaneously fucking a whole industry & more! Social concerns like the old fighting at cab ranks etc like the old days are inevitable for me.

I know the landlord of a well known pub in Manc and he’s seriously considering shutting til March. Closing Mon-Weds at the v least.

IMO they should have left the opening hours but been more militant on those establishments not sticking to the rules. I’ve been in some that were brilliant and others that were flagrant with it.

8 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I know the measures mean well but they do induce congregation where it’s less monitored and harder to control, whilst simultaneously fucking a whole industry & more! Social concerns like the old fighting at cab ranks etc like the old days are inevitable for me.

I know the landlord of a well known pub in Manc and he’s seriously considering shutting til March. Closing Mon-Weds at the v least.

IMO they should have left the opening hours but been more militant on those establishments not sticking to the rules. I’ve been in some that were brilliant and others that were flagrant with it.

agreed - and I've been to a load of pubs that have developed their external facilities - partially covered booths, standing heaters, works really well, bit trickier in winter as NYC are about to discover https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/27/new-york-city-restaurants-indoor-dining-coronavius

hospitality is going to continue to struggle until spring I fear, i think they'll be totally closed for internal service in a few weeks, hope i'm wrong.

54 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I was in a snooker/pool club yesterday. Stopped at door contact tracing done at the door, rules laid out and table service only. Great. 

walked in 12 lads congregated round two pool tables. All wore masks when walking round the pub to bogs etc but it’s things like this that just give massive weight to your point around the 10pm rules being silly and we should be concentrating fully on actual enforcement within the venues. If they don’t comply shut for a day. Then double the penalty each time. Or 3 strikes and your out 

Videos doing the rounds of packed towns and city centres at chucking out time.

What the fuck did they think was going to happen?

Exaclty what 24 hour drinking was introduced for, stop every fucker spilling out at 11pm and 2am for clubs congregating and kicking off. Too much strain on services.

Serves no other purpose than crippling covid safe establishments.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I was in a snooker/pool club yesterday. Stopped at door contact tracing done at the door, rules laid out and table service only. Great. 

walked in 12 lads congregated round two pool tables. All wore masks when walking round the pub to bogs etc but it’s things like this that just give massive weight to your point around the 10pm rules being silly and we should be concentrating fully on actual enforcement within the venues. If they don’t comply shut for a day. Then double the penalty each time. Or 3 strikes and your out 

I’m thinking a pool/snooker club is a fairly high-risk place to visit, masks or not. Where your hands touch, so has someone else’s. 
It’d take a lot of sanitiser and surface cleaning to make it safe, I reckon.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m thinking a pool/snooker club is a fairly high-risk place to visit, masks or not. Where your hands touch, so has someone else’s. 
It’d take a lot of sanitiser and surface cleaning to make it safe, I reckon.

Yep agreed. By the table plenty of hand sanitizer. Balls are brought to you sanitised (apparently) and we had our own cues. As long as the table and rests etc have been wiped down then it’s not too bad. Whether it has been done or not is another questions entirely given the lack of enforcement with the groups inside. 

I rarely venture onto this thread for a variety of reasons, so what I'm saying now might have been said before.

We need to assume that we've all got it, rather than we might get it.

If 2m social distancing & masks combined work, then make mask wearing in any public space (even outdoors) law and let people crack on.

If you're vulnerable, make your own choice whether to go out or not. If you claim you can't wear a mask then wear a visor, if you feel you can't wear either, then stay home. After all you're the ones likeliest to suffer. 

Get everywhere re-opened and crack the fuck on. None of this not before 5am, not after 10pm, not in this postcode, not inthat type of business ambiguity etc etc

The've not banned smoking or drinking which kill loads of people.

Open everything or shut everything.