Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

They all work (fully ligit) because they need the wages and the only contact they have with customers is at a safe distance, the majority of customers pay by DD so there isn't much contact anyway, in the two cars in the morning it's a different scenario altogether

I'm on about in the garage waiting for coffee. 

Do you reckon they're not arsed. I reckon they can't be bothered, not clued up enough, think it will be OK. Probably will be most of the time.

But somewhere there will be a gang of lads thinking the same thing,  who pass it onto each other, who pass it on to others, who get ill and end up in hospital.

Bit daft really, for the sake of putting a mask on for a few mins.

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

It winds me up, there are folk filling their big fancy cars up all suited and booted and can't be arsed to put a mask on while they go in and pay, I would love to say something to them but sadly am not a young lad anymore

There's loads of types that I've seen, but generally seems to me that the older the person, the more likely they are to wear them, less blokes do than women, and if its a quiet or small shop there's less wearing, so peer pressure must be something to do with it.

I bet loads more would wear them if they were asked nicely a few times.

I've stopped going in to scrote shops, and pay at the pump whenever available, to stop me from getting pissed off, when really I should say something politely.

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

Is it worth getting in to  row for, if the worst happened and it came to fisty cuffs the cops would be all over you 

I’ve managed to bite my tongue so far. But if ever there was something actually worth standing up for then perhaps this is it.

10 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Is it worth getting in to  row for, if the worst happened and it came to fisty cuffs the cops would be all over you 

I might start off asking small, mild mannered, weak looking blokes first, then gradually build myself up to psychotic big grippers. 

Edited by peelyfeet

7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Are the local restrictions working?

They certainly are not in the North. hey said on the radio earlier that of 20 areas put into "special measures" 19 of them have increasing numbers, only Luton hasn't

I'd take from that, that the folk in the North just can't be arsed adhering to the rules properly, and as such, they need to have a hard and fast total lock down, for a couple of weeks, as mentioned above, do it over half term

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They certainly are not in the North. hey said on the radio earlier that of 20 areas put into "special measures" 19 of them have increasing numbers, only Luton hasn't

I'd take from that, that the folk in the North just can't be arsed adhering to the rules properly, and as such, they need to have a hard and fast total lock down, for a couple of weeks, as mentioned above, do it over half term

We dont know what the numbers would be without restrictions though. Certainly not working as well as they would have hoped, but, if folk don't tow the line then its only going one way.

27 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Are the local restrictions working?

ZOE thinks cases in NW are plateauing - you can only see the data if you have the app, you need to register your symptoms, then it gives you the option of looking at regional case info.

NW has been around 675 new cases per day (per million inhabitants), for last 2 weeks now.

We went from 50 - 675 per day in the first 3 weeks of Sept.

So something is going on.

Problem is - every other region is growing, so overall figures are going to go up in the short term, and NW's plateau might get lost in the frenzy. Shit weather is also against us more now than it was a few weeks ago, so  that will drive figures up everywhere by some degree.

If you watched PM's question time today, and you go off the media, you'd think they aren't working, but I think they are showing through now, and we'll see this in a plateau of overall new NW hospitalisations from about now, and then deaths a few weeks later,  although not enough to reduce the spread  - just maintain it at current levels. Issue with that is the hospitalised number creeps up for a bit because it takes longer to die/be discharged than it does to be admitted.

I'm using ZOE primarily now - its seems more accurate than govmt - the ONS figures tend to reflect ZOE a few weeks down the line.

Edited by peelyfeet

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Should have a poll!

So far

Not working; 1

Unsure; 1

Working; 1

and read zoe before you decide - 

they give up to date daily figures, based on 4 million people updaing the app from symptom reporting, and testing -  on a daily basis, then extrapolating out - have a look at what they said was happening historically  and cross refference with the ONS reports - it's been pretty much the same in the past, and their numbers tie in to all of the main assumptions.

The govmt stuff has lags in it -  7 day rolling averages have info from days before feeding in, so it may be a 7 day average, but not the last 7 days, more like the 7 day average from 2 weeks ago - good for seeing spread trends but not good for measuring recent impact of restrictions - or lack of.

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Schools reopened?

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Universities?

I meant somethings going on with the plateau in new cases un the NW over last 2 weeks.

Schools, universities, back to work, and more shit weather, plus a few others is the obvious reason for rises in Sept, and it grew faster here because we already had more of the virus circulating in summer because the spring lockdown ended to early for NW.  IMO

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

There's loads of types that I've seen, but generally seems to me that the older the person, the more likely they are to wear them, less blokes do than women, and if its a quiet or small shop there's less wearing, so peer pressure must be something to do with it.

I bet loads more would wear them if they were asked nicely a few times.

I've stopped going in to scrote shops, and pay at the pump whenever available, to stop me from getting pissed off, when really I should say something politely.

Tbh i don’t think there is one particular age group to blame. For every 18 year old i’ve seen not wearing one I’ve also seen a 50+ year old wearing it underneath their nose or hanging off one ear. Not excusing either of them, it’s just pure laziness, selfishness and shows a lack of care about others.