Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Impressive testing that. 

It's insane, the whole city mass tested after a small outbreak. Though it's over 5 days, not 1. Knew I had got something wrong 😂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/12/asia/china-qingdao-coronavirus-golden-week-intl-hnk/index.html

19 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Some of the finest soil around

aye - the West Lancashire plain - originally a big fuck-off swampy bog. There used to be a giant lake, which is now martin mere, almost as big as Windermere, right in the middle, but it was gradually drained over the last 500 years, and all the land recaimed for farming.

7 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm going to get her to sit in the front garden and I'll be on the street. I was just checking whether I'd got Bolton's rules right.

The current rules as of today Tuesday 13th are you can't see her in her garden by law, but you could in a pub, though the advice is not to.

From tomorrow when we are aligned in tier 2, you can't in the pub, but you can in her garden.

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Shitty numbers again today. FFS

Today was the day we would have hit 49,000 if they had doubled ever 7 days. Good news that they're not increasing quite that fast. Bad news is that numbers have been doubling every 14 days so unless the new measures have the desired effect we could still be at that level soon enough.

Edited by wiggy

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Oh dear, what have I done now?!

Have a look at his letter to the PM on facebook

Proper ripped into the government tactics, doesn’t say it directly but wants us to just fuck the lockdown off

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Have a look at his letter to the PM on facebook

Proper ripped into the government tactics, doesn’t say it directly but wants us to just fuck the lockdown off

Just read it. He's right, of course. And principled. Well done, Chris.

Unless he's been knobbled for activities in the showers at Horwich Leisure Centre, of course.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

But Bolton is now 28th on the list, when they were 1st 3 weeks ago, and the rate of cases per 100k is lower than it was a week ago. How's that happened, pixie dust?

Chris Green isn’t known for being sharp.

Decent enough grass roots MP but I think his recent brief national attention has gone to his head.

Dominic Cummings will already be measuring his coffin.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It's the lack of a proper working track and trace that is biting us on the bollocks. Total fuck up

So given what you heard on here  yesterday about interactions with our track and trace app you think that’s the saviour yes? Sort that we can all get on with life again?

would it help? Massively. Are we a nation with significant numbers of bellends and nut jobs that will make it impossible anyway? Absolutely. 

17 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I think he has a point. Current measures are just not working.

Peely says they are.

I’d believe his forensic view over Starmer the snake.

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Peely says they are.

I’d believe his forensic view over Starmer the snake.

He could walk in and starmer be baws deep in his wife and if keir said he fell into her whilst looking for something he would believe it and pop down and make him a cuppa for when he’s finished with her.  You know this.

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He could walk in and starmer be baws deep in his wife and if keir said he fell into her whilst looking for something he would believe it and pop down and make him a cuppa for when he’s finished with her.  You know this.

HBAHTs?