Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

12 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

When the economy collapses and the NHS budget gets slashed we are looking at many more unnecessary deaths than we are saving now 

COVID-19 INFECTION SURVIVAL RATES

Ages 0-19:    99.997%
Ages 20-49:  99.98%
Ages 50-69:  99.5%
Ages 70+:     94.6%

Think back to what it was like in the hospitals in March. Now think about what it would have become if we’d just let it run its course. Look at what has / is happening in other countries. 95% survival rate may sound great but 5% death rate amongst a shit load of people aged 70 or older is a shit load of deaths. And I can promise you that 5% will rise if the hospitals are truly swamped. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope it’s not needed,  another one of your predictions going tits up. 😂

I can’t remember the last time your predictions were bollocks.

though I doubt many italian bookmakers would worry if you walked through their door.

6 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Think back to what it was like in the hospitals in March. Now think about what it would have become if we’d just let it run its course. Look at what has / is happening in other countries. 95% survival rate may sound great but 5% death rate amongst a shit load of people aged 70 or older is a shit load of deaths. And I can promise you that 5% will rise if the hospitals are truly swamped. 

That’s why our response should be by age and vulnerability, rather than geographical, demographics.

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

COVID-19 INFECTION SURVIVAL RATES

Ages 0-19:    99.997%
Ages 20-49:  99.98%
Ages 50-69:  99.5%
Ages 70+:     94.6%

Car journey survival rates:

ages 0-110 : 99.9999%

Fuck that seatbelt

23 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I thought we had spent 6 months building capacity 

If we’ve not moved on at all since March then it’s very poor

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

When the economy collapses and the NHS budget gets slashed we are looking at many more unnecessary deaths than we are saving now 

Again you are preaching to the converted. There is no pleasant way out of this currently. One way or another lots of suffering ahead 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Again you are preaching to the converted. There is no pleasant way out of this currently. One way or another lots of suffering ahead 

I’m not sure everyone realises what the unintended consequences are, you can’t completely fuck your economy up like this without significant downside 

Just from a health perspective I’d think it’s safe to say we are doing more harm than good

If you recall the 2010 election, all major parties were proposing cuts to balance the books, the difference between Gordon Browns manifesto and that of Cameron’s was about £6bn in cuts. Compare that to now, so far we have spent £400bn and counting, the way unemployment is going the amount spent on benefits will dwarf what we saw after 2008. Education and healthcare spending will pay the price for what we are doing now. Many more will die because of cuts than the numbers saved now 

Edited by birch-chorley

little track and trace timeline...

I got my positive swab confirmed Monday morning

got a call from Track & Trace from a mumbling lady who kept apologising reading a script then the phone went dead...head literally nothing more

Wife and kids got tested Tues as she had aches and they had temp and cough.

Yesterday confirmed that Mrs Jules has it too but the kids are negative 

I get a text today saying I have to isolate from 14 days from now coz someone I’ve been with has it (her I assume)

No wonder folk are confused with what’s going on 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

got a call from Track & Trace from a mumbling lady who kept apologising reading a script then the phone went dead...head literally nothing more

I get a text today saying I have to isolate from 14 days from now coz someone I’ve been with has it (her I assume)

Hope you’re all ok mate 👍

Its getting through the posters on this board pretty rapid now....

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

Hope you’re all ok mate 👍

Its getting through the posters on this board pretty rapid now....

It’ll be reet just get more doctors and nurses from all over the world. 🙄

I had a notification from the nhs app this morning, just telling me I’m in a high area. 

Cheers for that I’ll just clean the shite out of the bed now.

10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

World beating

• Moderators

Sturgeon has already told the jocks to avoid going to Blackpool unless absolutely necessary

And apparently there's coaches lined up in Glasgow ready to take fans to Carlisle to watch the old firm game this weekend

What could possibly go wrong?

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Sturgeon has already told the jocks to avoid going to Blackpool unless absolutely necessary

And apparently there's coaches lined up in Glasgow ready to take fans to Carlisle to watch the old firm game this weekend

What could possibly go wrong?

I know of two minibuses of lads that are going to blackpool on the piss For the old firm game. Can see Carlisle and blackpool being awash with them this weekend and much trouble ensuing.