Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Mounts is too far gone. We are leaving the EU and nothing else matters. 

He is prepared to overlook this corrupt, inept and divisive government. 

Just shows how bad Labour are that I even would consider voting for the Tories. My vote should be a shoe in for Labour but sadly this current Labour Party don’t represent working class voters like me. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

So

You can’t answer the question then.

He was the only show in town.

You're not exactly quick at answering questions yourself though... :)

As for AB of course he was doing the negotiation: it is his job as part of devolution for England. No issues with him trying to get what he can, but his methodology was poor, and success even less.

Quite sure no local leaders like are overly enamoured with their packages, but they have done so elsewhere, in the full recognition that tier 3 is coming, achieving agreement quietly and quickly. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're not exactly quick at answering questions yourself though... :)

As for AB of course he was doing the negotiation: it is his job as part of devolution for England. No issues with him trying to get what he can, but his methodology was poor, and success even less.

Quite sure no local leaders like are overly enamoured with their packages, but they have done so elsewhere, in the full recognition that tier 3 is coming, achieving agreement quietly and quickly. 

But surely just acquiescing is weak?

People like Trump and Boris are political powerhouses who we should respect for their forthright attitudes and unwillingness to simply accept everything?

If Trump was mayor of Manchester, he'd have got us £100billion. FACT

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just shows how bad Labour are that I even would consider voting for the Tories. My vote should be a shoe in for Labour but sadly this current Labour Party don’t represent working class voters like me. 

I honestly don't think you care what damage Boris and co are doing.

They are wasting millions every month and award contracts to their friends and backers.

The working class will pay for it in the long run so I hope you have plenty stashed away.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

£41 million which equates to £29 per head.

Burnham was holding out for £65 million which equates to £23 per head.

Not accurate though. Only the first part is based per head. £8. This is for testing, enforcement etc, ie virus tackling.

The rest is for business top ups, and isnt based per head, but more on the type of business and number.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I honestly don't think you care what damage Boris and co are doing.

They are wasting millions every month and award contracts to their friends and backers.

The working class will pay for it in the long run so I hope you have plenty stashed away.

Latest one is the rebranding of Highways England, at a cost of £7million, 5 years after its previous rebranding.

Money tree?

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not accurate though. Only the first part is based per head. £8. This is for testing, enforcement etc, ie virus tackling.

The rest is for business top ups, and isnt based per head, but more on the type of business and number.

So the split isn't proportional to the population?

Tier 3 strangles businesses. It bleeds the life out of them and their suppliers by keeping them open and restricting their capacity to make money. Same as the curfews effect on the late night industry.

This is what its about. Same as the hotels over this way.

Either close them down and pay for it or leave them to operate safely and make money.

There is no inbetween. 

Pubs cant survive on food alone. Hotels cant surive without customers. Draymen, cleaners, pub staff cant survive on 2 thirds of the their wage and their employers cant afford to top up their wages without money coming in.

How do people not get this? 

• Moderators

Drove down to Bmet last night, my local pub with a massive beer garden will be struggling again. Fuck knows how they cope.

House in Top o'th' Brow with the picnic benches and dart board in the garden... Some cunt passing a joint to his mate stood on the pavement outside.

A joke.

25 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

£41 million which equates to £29 per head.

Burnham was holding out for £65 million which equates to £23 per head.

Valid point .... if that was the correct measure. Taking one example There you are including say Jules in that per head calculation who won’t be eligible to claim anything so why would you use that as the method? It’s flawed and you may as well write 41m/x3(56/5p*7s) as it gives the same level of accuracy  none 

if you’re going to highlight the calculation at least use the right one surely? Or is it because it doesn’t suit? More likely we don’t actually know what the calculation actually is so don’t make stuff up as you just become another social media expert? 

and fwiw I’m not sure the government know what the calculation is or how they’ve come up with whatever they’ve come up with 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Valid point .... if that was the correct measure. Taking one example There you are including say Jules in that per head calculation who won’t be eligible to claim anything so why would you use that as the method? It’s flawed and you may as well write 41m/x3(56/5p*7s) as it gives the same level of accuracy  none 

if you’re going to highlight the calculation at least use the right one surely? Or is it because it doesn’t suit? More likely we don’t actually know what the calculation actually is so don’t make stuff up as you just become another social media expert? 

and fwiw I’m not sure the government know what the calculation is or how they’ve come up with whatever they’ve come up with 

My simple back of a fag packet calculation was dosh offered divided by population. Gives an indication of nowt else. 

You got a better one I'm all ears

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Tier 3 strangles businesses. It bleeds the life out of them and their suppliers by keeping them open and restricting their capacity to make money. Same as the curfews effect on the late night industry.

This is what its about. Same as the hotels over this way.

Either close them down and pay for it or leave them to operate safely and make money.

There is no inbetween. 

Pubs cant survive on food alone. Hotels cant surive without customers. Draymen, cleaners, pub staff cant survive on 2 thirds of the their wage and their employers cant afford to top up their wages without money coming in.

How do people not get this? 

I'm fairy sure Tier 3 isn't going to be enough for many areas, if the govmt want the R rate to get below 1.

Unless folk change their behaviour.

It's not happening from what I can see 

I went to the BP Garage at chequerbent last night - about 10 in, no distancing - not one had a mask on, the guy serving had it round his chin.  I was in a Garage in worsley a few hours before - same there. 

I know of a welfare officer at a local kids football club who sent their son into school despite him being told to isolate for 14 days by the club ( tracing didnt get in touch so "I'm just following the guidelines")

I know of a supermarket area manager who lied about where he'd been on holiday to his employees so he didnt have to quarantine, and could go into work. 

I know of mates who have holiday booked over half term out of the area - they're all still going.

It's not going to stop spreading at the same rate,  unless we reduce the amount of close contacts we make.

If we did this off our own back we wouldnt need any restrictions at all.

Folk make excuses for themselves, they think their actions will have no bearing. 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

My simple back of a fag packet calculation was dosh offered divided by population. Gives an indication of nowt else. 

You got a better one I'm all ears

I don’t but that’s why I don’t post one. Because it makes no sense to do so as it just isn’t correct. You are using total population as the denominator when in reality it’s a million miles from being the correct number 

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t but that’s why I don’t post one. Because it makes no sense to do so as it just isn’t correct. You are using total population as the denominator when in reality it’s a million miles from being the correct number 

In the absence of owt else it'll do for now

Once the government let us know how they are working it out, we can revisit it

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

maybe

but there are folk congratulating SY for taking the money and going into tier 3 quietly

so it would be good to know how the deals compare, before we congratulate one and critcise the other

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

maybe

but there are folk congratulating SY for taking the money and going into tier 3 quietly

so it would be good to know how the deals compare, before we congratulate one and critcise the other

People who are congratulating SY I believe are congratulating them purely on speed of resolution? And point scoring by trying to make a point that’s what burnham should have done? 
 I agree he should have moved quicker but I don’t agree with folk making political capital out of it. They’re just as bad as folk making nonsensical calculations and posting them on social media without any understanding of the situation 

these folk can be filed with the covid Facebook experts as kranks for me