Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And the baying hoardes are adding to it all over social media. Country is more divided now than its ever been and it’s only going to get worse. 

I think some people on social media are not sure which side they are on. 
People oppose the lockdown and then slag of Burnham for his stance. Others argue the lockdown is not extreme enough and the economy will suffer but blame anyone but Boris. Others say lockdown too little too late and blame Labour or any combination of the above. 
My favourite at the moment is people playing the mental health card whilst slagging off anyone who disagrees with them. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Boris just said it’s reviewed every 28 days.

Thought it was a fortnight?

Whats the actual chances of getting out of tier 3?

fuck all for now - it takes 2-3 weeks to see the effect, so the numbers in the NW are already going to go up until mid Nov anyway. I seriously doubt Tier 3 is going to be enough to get the R rate below 1, I can't see that it's going to reduce the overall amount of contacts that are currently being made, by enough, there's too many caveats, and not enough enforcement. 

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

Boris just said it’s reviewed every 28 days.

Thought it was a fortnight?

Whats the actual chances of getting out of tier 3?

Every 28 days

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Starmer wanting a national lockdown, despite the scientists 

But he’s entitled to that opinion. There will be scientists in favour of full lockdown. This is why it’s so confusing as we are bombarded my conflicting information from all angles. 

Thing I don’t get. And please someone who has this viewpoint help me understand 

People are sayid. Tier 3 kills businesses and we would be better locking down. 

why do people think , misguidedly maybe, that if they are locked down and forced To close that any more money will suddenly be forthcoming? Just because it happened before my understanding is it won’t be happening again. So by closing completely they will actually be worse off?

anyone point me to why they believe it will not play out that way?

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Chris Whitty has already said that tier 3 is unlikely to be enough.

Boris ignored him and is cracking on anyway.

You will still be in tier 3 at christmas.

WHO are against lockdowns

JVT is against a lockdown, now

Whitty wanted a lockdown on 25 September, but events have demonstrated that SAGE were wrong.

Time to move on, Sir Keir and slavish followers 

Just now, Escobarp said:

why do people think , misguidedly maybe, that if they are locked down and forced To close that any more money will suddenly be forthcoming? Just because it happened before my understanding is it won’t be happening again. So by closing completely they will actually be worse off?

Probably correct, hopefully we’ll not find out 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s a mystery to me as well. As Peely said it takes 2-3 weeks for any restriction to take effect so in reality it would be much longer. I’d have to close. The 2 hairdressers at the side of me would close also. Multiply that by thousands across the country and that’s many more businesses other than pubs, restaurants etc. affected.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Whitty wanted a lockdown on 25 September, but events have demonstrated that SAGE were wrong.

i don't want one neither

BUT

Why are other countries now doing them?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

i don't want one neither

BUT

Why are other countries now doing them?

Maybe the virus is too widespread to use a local system?

Thats where we were previously. 

If our local system isn't respected, that's where we'll end up. But it won't be the fault of folk not doing their bit of course.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s a mystery to me as well. As Peely said it takes 2-3 weeks for any restriction to take effect so in reality it would be much longer. I’d have to close. The 2 hairdressers at the side of me would close also. Multiply that by thousands across the country and that’s many more businesses other than pubs, restaurants etc. affected.

Thank Boby. Hopefully someone can give us the opposing view and let us know what they know that we don’t that makes lockdown financially more viable for all these business impacted by tier 3 cos I haven’t seen anything to back up that view point as yet 

12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Slavish followers ? That’s a bit rich you and plenty of others on here are pretty one eyed when it comes to criticism of the present government. 

16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Short circuit break lockdowns are the answer (as Wales, Northern Ireland are doing).

Tier 2 hasn't worked and neither will Tier 3 on it's own.

Time to acknowledge that Keir is right unless you want to be in tier 3 for months.

6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Short circuit break lockdowns are the answer (as Wales, Northern Ireland are doing).

Time to acknowledge that Keir is right unless you want to be in tier 3 for months.

We locked down for 3 months and we are back where we were.  Lockdown only kicks can down the road. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

How many months would a full lockdown need?

Bolton's figures did fall when we had our strict measures, so tier 3 can work. As can tier 1 or 2 in relevant areas. 

Comply and come out, dont and stay in. 

If tier 3 isn't sufficient then maybe a full local lockdown and no leaving of the area. No need to make people elsewhere suffer, because we've got more than our fair share of twats.

Wales government getting absolute daggers from low case areas.

Its the choice of each nation to do what's best for themselves ultimately. However, localised systems are the preferred method generally, as has been described and shown on news outlets.

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You may well be right. But there is no extra money for people during lockdown. People aren’t realizing this. Sitting at home getting paid 80% minimum isn’t happening again. Pretty sure when this message is taken in people won’t be as keen to lockdown