Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fuck off HS2 for a start. Don't need the extra capacity now half the commuters are working remotely.

Aye, good shout, forgot about that though suspect tory contracts and back handers are non refundable

20 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

He said it the other day didn't he, about 32:20 in

Is that it? Follow the PUBLIC HEALTH advice in reply to a question. 2 seconds in a 37 min. party political broadcast?
You’ve just proved my point. 
I’ve listened to the bloke for the last 6 months.

Constantly blaming the government without any advice towards reducing the spread of the virus.

I said it last week, he’s a retro union shop steward spewing populist rhetoric to further his political agenda.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Is that it? Follow the PUBLIC HEALTH advice in reply to a question. 2 seconds in a 37 min. party political broadcast?
You’ve just proved my point. 
I’ve listened to the bloke for the last 6 months.

Constantly blaming the government without any advice towards reducing the spread of the virus.

I said it last week, he’s a retro union shop steward spewing populist rhetoric to further his political agenda.

Did Dubcek not stand up to Russian oppression in 1968 ?

4 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Question asked was has he said it, answer is yes. Think 32:10 onwards is where he says follow the law, follow the guidelines

If your question has changed that's fair enough, can only answer what you put up.

My question hasn’t changed. Read my question again. 

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He should of thought of the public health issue before refusing further restrictions as some sort of bargaining chip. Funny how he’s now back banging that drum 

Again, neither you nor I nor anyone else know how much financial support is required, not wanted but required. However, the sums reportedly asked for, relative to the money offered to other regions, seemed roughly proportionate.

And Burnham had no legal power to resist the imposition of the restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Again, neither you nor I nor anyone else know how much financial support is required, not wanted but required. However, the sums reportedly asked for, relative to the money offered to other regions, seemed roughly proportionate.

And Burnham had no legal power to resist the imposition of the restrictions.

He could and should have put the region into tier 3 when requested by ordering his local authorities to do so. Simple as that. He didn’t. He chose to use it as a negotiation tactic. That is the facts of it 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

You’ve made me read more than I wanted to on a school night but I can’t argue against the evidence you’ve posted. I can only go off what I’ve heard and read myself without prejudice though. I’m happy to concede to opposing views if backed by facts. 👍

Post of the decade.

That is all.