Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I don't know, i'm not on it.

I would imagine they've booked 3 tables of 6.

I have sympathy for the businesses, to a degree, who need the money

Nowt but contempt for the other 18 though

I wonder how they'll police this "no main course, no booze" rule?

Any pub that also serves food could just put chips on the main course menu, or pies or a sharing platter - making it a bit cheaper for the beer lads.

Ram a pie down yer neck and 10 pints.

I don't fancy shelling out for a main meal every time i fancy a beer or 3 at the local boozer.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wonder how they'll police this "no main course, no booze" rule?

Any pub that also serves food could just put chips on the main course menu, or pies or a sharing platter - making it a bit cheaper for the beer lads.

Ram a pie down yer neck and 10 pints.

I don't fancy shelling out for a main meal every time i fancy a beer or 3 at the local boozer.

Went my local last night for a take out, everyone in there had a pint and cheese platter

28 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Witton Albion clubhouse was open today for Colls fans, i didn't go, opted to watch Bolton on the telly.

They’re only tier 2 though. 

I doubt it’s particularly worthwhile for places to do it, but tucked away in the rules, pubs are actually still able to open for takeaway beers which I presume will be how Radcliffe (and hopefully Colls) will be able to carry on serving ale. 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They’re only tier 2 though. 

I doubt it’s particularly worthwhile for places to do it, but tucked away in the rules, pubs are actually still able to open for takeaway beers which I presume will be how Radcliffe (and hopefully Colls) will be able to carry on serving ale. 

Thanks for the info Matt, i'd forgot about the takeaway rule on grounds.

12 hours ago, leigh white said:

Thanks for the info Matt, i'd forgot about the takeaway rule on grounds.

It still needs to be determined how 'takeaway' is interpreted, does it mean take away from the bar? which is fine as we have a walk through outside bar or does it mean take away from the premises altogether i.e off the ground as technically you are still on the premises, talks will be ongoing on Monday with local council officials and police.

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

It still needs to be determined how 'takeaway' is interpreted, does it mean take away from the bar? which is fine as we have a walk through outside bar or does it mean take away from the premises altogether i.e off the ground as technically you are still on the premises, talks will be ongoing on Monday with local council officials and police.

Don’t tell them Radcliffe are doing it til after Tuesday night just in case 

24 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t tell them Radcliffe are doing it til after Tuesday night just in case 

GMP & Bury council have no issues with the set up at Radcliffe

only thing that will spoil it is there’s more groups of lads coming (mainly city cunts) so the club have put extra security on recently 

Edited by radcliffe white

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Mail on Sunday (eew) finally going public on the vaccine being available before Christmas. 

Saw that, also it confirms that it's a "two dose" vaccine, with 28 days required between each dose. It's going to be expensive and take absolutely ages to get to everybody, but hopefully it means we'll be out of restrictions and back towards some sort of normality towards the end of 2021

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Saw that, also it confirms that it's a "two dose" vaccine, with 28 days required between each dose. It's going to be expensive and take absolutely ages to get to everybody, but hopefully it means we'll be out of restrictions and back towards some sort of normality towards the end of 2021

Yep, that's what I meant by the specific way it needs to be administered means it will take ages to cover everyone. Also there's only a couple of sites per county that will be doing it which increases the complexity of it all too.