Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Happy days

Was in there last week, and the table next to mine was an American bird and two fellas.

First fella went to the toilet, as soon as he was out of sight, the yank and the other fella were necking. He came back and they stopped

Then the other chap went to the toilet and she started the necking the other lad. 

Then they slipped off into A taxi, I assume she ended Up being the rotisserie chicken 

Brass?

2 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Hadn't realised daily deaths and infections were up to where they are. Yikes

Don’t think they are

Deaths are about 15% of the peak, cases we don’t really know, but peaked at around 1m a week

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

1 week ago Andy Burnham said numbers were going down in Manchester, which they were but rising in other areas of Greater Manchester. This week all areas of Greater Manchester are rising.

3 words that should have taken priority over everything else  

public health emergency 

Man of the people 

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

???

That would mean everyone in the UK will have had it by next Easter, so herd immunity by Jan

Peaked in March/April at around 1m a week.

Not that at the moment. Yet.

Probably 250,000/week?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Peaked in March/April at around 1m a week.

Not that at the moment. Yet.

Probably 250,000/week?

Would still mean herd immunity by next easter

why they worrying about a vaccine?

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We’ve not even reached a million cases overall have we yet? Or am I being daft?

Not daft

But we only tested those who were ill at hospitals in the first wave, as we didn’t have (any) testing capacity

Edited by boltondiver

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Not daft

But we only tested those who were ill in the first wave, as we didn’t have (any) testing capacity

No I get that I’ve genuinely lost track of case numbers etc and stopped looking at deaths when it became apparent that if you have a vowel in your surname and die this year it’s classed as a covid death. 

lothian health board where I live we have a population within the area of c800k and have had 8k cases since it started and we have no pubs restaurants or anything. We are currently getting c200 new cases a day which is a decreasing number. 

population is 4x that of Bolton and we have had less cases yet have had arguably tougher restrictions bar a couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Point of that post was to ask

does it prove restrictions work or are the restrictions up here not commensurate with the actual position?  

Very difficult to prove

The Govt said that the first lockdown saved many thousands of lives.

The latest restrictions show cases rising; perhaps they weren’t harsh enough, or maybe it’s just a seasonal virus? It is possible that, in the round, the lockdown and variants are more costly in economic, social and health metrics.

We’ll know someday

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Very difficult to prove

The Govt said that the first lockdown saved many thousands of lives.

The latest restrictions show cases rising; perhaps they weren’t harsh enough, or maybe it’s just a seasonal virus? It is possible that, in the round, the lockdown and variants are more costly in economic, social and health metrics.

We’ll know someday

Latest restrictions have only just come in down there though really so there will be a lag? 

up here starting to see our local cases drop. But whether that would have happened anyway who knows 

was just interested in folks views. And to put a bit of context around the situation in Bolton compared to other parts of the uk 

16 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Latest restrictions have only just come in down there though really so there will be a lag? 

I think as a rule of thumb, that you would expect 2 or 3 weeks of restrictions before generally you start to see cases coming down, which in reality means that any restrictions have to be in place for at least 6 weeks to see if they're working or not

Peely will be able to explain it better than I can, but it's fairly obviout

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I think as a rule of thumb, that you would expect 2 or 3 weeks of restrictions before generally you start to see cases coming down, which in reality means that any restrictions have to be in place for at least 6 weeks to see if they're working or not

Peely will be able to explain it better than I can, but it's fairly obviout

Yeah my thoughts that as well. 

where is @peelyfeet we’re devoid of anybody that knows what the fuck they are talking about here.