Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

33 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Of course you would eventually run out of money 

We are spending money beyond our means at the same rate as we did in WW2 

My point was, given a viable vaccine could be years away, what point would you draw a line and put the economy first

To think that we could carry on like this forever with no impact on our ability to borrow and spend is for the birds 

I hope people are considering such matters behind the scenes. You can pander to the media and panic for a short while, but reality thinking needs to be to the fore soonish.

Second isolation for my nipper. Over half term. Whole school year. Year 11, mocks in a couple of weeks  This is fucking bollocks. 

Should get a request to test, get a negative then let them go back. Having a couple of hundred kids sat at home is absolute madness. 

This is the shit that's going to make people break the rules. Got to admit, I'm tempted to say I ain't received the email. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Appologies for not posting for a while. I've had enough of this site for bit, it's too political for me and unfortunatley I've got 3 old members of the family who caught this last week (all doing ok so far), which has put things into perspective for me, so this is my last post for a bit. Main things to remember are;

Covid 19 is a mild illness for many, lasting less than a fortnight for most but according to ZOE;

For 1 in 50 it can result in symptoms for more than 3 months and unfortunatley hospitalisation and death for some of those.

1 in 20 suffer symptoms for 8 weeks or more. 

This isn't what happens with seasonal flu.

Hospitalisation and treatment saves lots of lives, without it many more of the 1 in 50 would die. 

Having  large numbers of additional folk requiring help puts burden on the NHS, financially and logistically, which impacts on the % who die from all causes.

In the Northern Hemisphere, The spread/hospitalisations/deaths is going to get worse before it gets much better, January is predicted to be the peak (unless we have a restrictions that flatten the numbers beforehand).

The best way of reducing viral spread is by lifestyle changes and rigourous self isolation with symptoms / positive tests / suspected infected.

Aerosol spread is one of the main forms of transmission - the virus can hang in the air for hours in poorly ventilated areas - staying 2 meters away from folk is good practice but if you spend any length of time indoors without a mask on,  in areas where multiple people have already breathed, your chance of catching the virus rises, a lot.

"Covid Secure" premises and social distancing practices don't prevent transmission, they simply reduce the perceived chance of catching the virus - if you want to reduce the chance further, don't go in the building in question, do stuff outside, reduce the number of people you come into contact with (directly and indirectly)

things to do 

Vitamin D, Zinc

good Sleep

lose weight if fat

avoid crowded indoor areas without masks

reduce travel

get the windows open

the most likley place you are going to catch this, is in your house, from someone who's caught it in an indoor area in the community.

Ignore the bullshit from both sides, the media is full of cranks, shock jocks who care about advertising revenue, want to sell books, people who have a selfish interets in the latest restriction impact / political axe to grind.

Fauci, Sage, Whitty and Valance, Van Tam,  Dr John Campbell, Tim Spector are examples of folk who change their advice with the emergence of new data, this shows they are trustworthy in my book.

The economy will recover ultimatley, it always does to some extent, it's not going to be good for many but it will get better. Less Viral spread = better economy.

see you in a few weeks.

Good luck mate, hope your family make speedy recoveries.

Come back soon, your balance and calm approach are much needed on here (I’m guilty of being a cunt just like most others)

13 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Appologies for not posting for a while. I've had enough of this site for bit, it's too political for me and unfortunatley I've got 3 old members of the family who caught this last week (all doing ok so far), which has put things into perspective for me, so this is my last post for a bit. Main things to remember are;

Covid 19 is a mild illness for many, lasting less than a fortnight for most but according to ZOE;

For 1 in 50 it can result in symptoms for more than 3 months and unfortunatley hospitalisation and death for some of those.

Hospitalisation and treatment saves lots of lives, without it many more of the 1 in 50 would die. 

Having  large numbers of additional folk requiring help puts burden on the NHS, financially and logistically, which impacts on the % who die from all causes.

In the Northern Hemisphere, The spread/hospitalisations/deaths is going to get worse before it gets much better, January is predicted to be the peak (unless we have a restrictions that flatten the numbers beforehand).

The best way of reducing viral spread is by lifestyle changes and rigourous self isolation with symptoms / positive tests / suspected infected.

Aerosol spread is one of the main forms of transmission - the virus can hang in the air for hours in poorly ventilated areas - staying 2 meters away from folk is good practice but if you spend any length of time indoors without a mask on,  in areas where multiple people have already breathed, your chance of catching the virus rises, a lot.

"Covid Secure" premises and social distancing practices don't prevent transmission, they simply reduce the perceived chance of catching the virus - if you want to reduce the chance further, don't go in the building in question, do stuff outside, reduce the number of people you come into contact with (directly and indirectly)

things to do 

Vitamin D, Zinc

good Sleep

lose weight if fat

reduce travel

get the windows open

the most likley place you are going to catch this, is in your house, from someone who's caught it in an indoor area in the community.

Ignore the bullshit from both sides, the media is full of cranks, shock jocks who care about advertising revenue, want to sell books, people who have a selfish interets in the latest restriction impact / political axe to grind.

Fauci, Sage, Whitty and Valance, Van Tam,  Dr John Campbell, Tim Spector are examples of folk who change their advice with the emergence of new data, this shows they are trustworthy in my book.

The economy will recover ultimatley, it always does to some extent, it's not going to be good for many but it will get better. Less Viral spread = better economy.

see you in a few weeks.

All the best to you and your family members

18 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

things to do 

Vitamin D, Zinc

good Sleep

lose weight if fat

reduce travel

get the windows open

see you in a few weeks.

Take it easy peely and best wishes to all your family. See you back On here soon 👍🏼

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

things to do 

Vitamin D, Zinc

good Sleep

lose weight if fat

reduce travel

get the windows open

see you in a few weeks.

Good to hear from you, pity it’s a fleeting visit!

A la prochaine

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Deaths has crept up a fair bit today.

Aye, 367 deaths, that's not good, let's just hope it doesn't keep rising and starts to tail off in a couple of weeks when the current restrictions will hopefully be taking effect

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You (or someone else) has posted this previously. What happens to 12-40 and all the other missing places?

You have to click on the images to see the full versions, you silly sausage. 

7 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Clutching at straws maybe but the rate of increase in new cases isn’t as great as it was last week. The increase in deaths will be a lag from when the rate was higher. Come back Peely.

Too political, it seems....