Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If someone intends to purchase one privately (assuming that becomes possible) then its up to them to learn to use it properly.

There is an issue with home tests.....even if a perfect one was available (and I know what @miamiwhite is referring to further up this thread) the big issue, as I see it, is that the Government possibly don't want people to be able to self test/diagnose - they'll want it to be done by a professional, so the details can be properly logged.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Ive had the app a while. Was with a lad who tested positive 3 days later at an outside venue we both checked in at. Recieved no notification.

My brothers hairdresser mrs was tracked and traced, not on the app, by one her customers and received noticatuon to isolate 2 weeks too late.

I only got the app for the gym as its the only actual time I'm inside bar my house. Had 2 alerts saying someone has been close but then nothing when clicked on the screen.

Theres no way Im isolating without a test. Maybe isolate up to a test, but you can get fucked it you want me to stay at home for 2 weeks with no symptoms because some flawed app is telling me to. Not a chance in hell.

same here

if i get the alert, I'm getting a test asap, probably try via the zoe app saying i've got symptoms, or go wherever and say I can't smell/taste

the mrs has gone down the postal test route, but it's not exactly a quick turnaround

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

There is an issue with home tests.....even if a perfect one was available (and I know what @miamiwhite is referring to further up this thread) the big issue, as I see it, is that the Government possibly don't want people to be able to self test/diagnose - they'll want it to be done by a professional, so the details can be properly logged.

Absolutely. Get the mass testing sorted and there'll be no need for personal ones.

Far more efficient and effective. 

Wonder how many will isolate if positive. It was mentioned yesterday that the level was as low as 20%, seems ridiculously low, but there you go.

• Site Supporter

Mass testing is the way forward, so a (belated) thumbs up to Bojo on this one.

I'm now seeing people posting on Facebook that they won't do it as it's some sort of state control 1984 bullshit.

These people are the ones fucking us the hardest now. Why wouldn't you test regularly? Elite sports do it without bleating, various other high profile "bubbles" are being tested daily so they can carry on as normal.

Honestly, anyone refusing a test should be thrown in the sea.

You're not being edgy and different, you are just being a cunt for social media attention.

Behind the government on this. Shame they couldn't do it sooner but it is what it is. I say we are all duty bound to get tested if its possible to.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Mass testing is the way forward, so a (belated) thumbs up to Bojo on this one.

I'm now seeing people posting on Facebook that they won't do it as it's some sort of state control 1984 bullshit.

These people are the ones fucking us the hardest now. Why wouldn't you test regularly? Elite sports do it without bleating, various other high profile "bubbles" are being tested daily so they can carry on as normal.

Honestly, anyone refusing a test should be thrown in the sea.

You're not being edgy and different, you are just being a cunt for social media attention.

Behind the government on this. Shame they couldn't do it sooner but it is what it is. I say we are all duty bound to get tested if its possible to.

Usually it's because they've "done a lot of research" on the subject, finding fringe articles from cranks to support their worldview

• Site Supporter

Agree there spider. Pity these instruments weren't available sooner, but kudos to those companies who have developed them.

Presumably the demand for the traditional pcr machines and the requisite reagents is massive the world over, making genuine mass testing really difficult to achieve. 

Get these things in care homes, hospitals etc and in the community as soon as!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

It’s a mass dna test and store exercise all part of the master plan in tandem with the 5g masts and us being spied on 

All new plastic notes have nanobots embedded in them. They record the dna of users, track movements and when signalled to do so by MI7 via 5g masts, can pass from the note into the blood stream via the skin to reprogram the brain.

• Site Supporter

Along with furlough, mass testing would be real positives from Boris and co.

They've been flaky on a lot of stuff, but much is forgivable since we're in unchartered waters.

The primary job of any government is to protect its citizens and you'd have to say that still seems to be the aim (very broadly).

The Cummings thing is still a massive fuck up. He should be gone.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Along with furlough, mass testing would be real positives from Boris and co.

They've been flaky on a lot of stuff, but much is forgivable since we're in unchartered waters.

The primary job of any government is to protect its citizens and you'd have to say that still seems to be the aim (very broadly).

The Cummings thing is still a massive fuck up. He should be gone.

Course he should. Doesnt excuse others from being cunts though.

He's been notably quiet since, or at least stories of him have. Maybe they've secretly done him in.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

And make their mates rich as fuck 

As I say, they've been far from perfect.

£12 billion will be a number that should haunt them for the next 4 years.

BUT - if mass testing brings us a step closer to ending this fucking nightmare, then so be it. Nothing else seems to offer hope.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, L/H White said:

enlighten me tongy, because all i'm seeing is him being asked a question and not being able to answer without stuttering and muttering

He was asked the same question multiple times. Gave the same answer multiple times. Those making a statement must get sick and tired of repeating themselves constantly. 

The point being made generally was those wanting independence looking for an angle that wasn't there. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

As I say, they've been far from perfect.

£12 billion will be a number that should haunt them for the next 4 years.

BUT - if mass testing brings us a step closer to ending this fucking nightmare, then so be it. Nothing else seems to offer hope.

I'm intrigued as to how much the country should be spending on this. What is the cost of funding a pandemic response?

Must cost a pretty penny just doing 500,000 tests a day.

No doubt in time things will emerge where spending was very poor (inadequate ppe for example) and other examples will show good value.

40 minutes ago, L/H White said:

enlighten me tongy, because all i'm seeing is him being asked a question and not being able to answer without stuttering and muttering

Hes the worse 'leader' weve had in recent times. Everything he says is a lie. He struggles to get a point across and instills about as much confidence as Billy Crellin.

Utterly Awful human being.

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hes the worse 'leader' weve had in recent times. Everything he says is a lie. He struggles to get a point across and instills about as much confidence as Billy Crellin.

Utterly Awful human being.

Agree.  He can't answer a question without triping over his own words.

Ed Miliband was always criticised for it by the blues 🙂

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Loads of loonies on SM saying they only announced lockdown on Saturday night because it was a full moon 

Fuck me 

Think we will see the first real unrest in liverpool when these nut jobs refuse to be tested etc. some of the stuff folk are coming out with us unreal. One of my mates is one of them he’s losing the plot more each day. 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Think we will see the first real unrest in liverpool when these nut jobs refuse to be tested etc. some of the stuff folk are coming out with us unreal. One of my mates is one of them he’s losing the plot more each day. 

I’ve noticed on the socials that A few people who you know are fairly intelligent and what you would consider right minded folk are having their head turned by “doing their own research”, i.e. crackpot YouTube vids and articles. 
I have also seen people referring to testing as a way for Bill Gates to gather enough and change all of our DNA. It’s frighteningly bonkers.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Agree.  He can't answer a question without triping over his own words.

Ed Miliband was always criticised for it by the blues 🙂

Its a common feature amongst ministers. Some better than others, but all are constantly vigilant in case a word is considered in appropriate etc. Those questioning often looking to trip them up or going off at tangents. Couple of the worst ones last night were other tories. One papping on about constitutions etc.

Boris certainly isn't the best at dealing with this for sure.

38 minutes ago, boogs said:

I’ve noticed on the socials that A few people who you know are fairly intelligent and what you would consider right minded folk are having their head turned by “doing their own research”, i.e. crackpot YouTube vids and articles. 
I have also seen people referring to testing as a way for Bill Gates to gather enough and change all of our DNA. It’s frighteningly bonkers.

Brought this to mind actually.

Social media- in a world full of Macs, be a Dennis 😁

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It’s a mass dna test and store exercise all part of the master plan in tandem with the 5g masts and us being spied on 

Definitely 😀

As a side note, your DNA shuoud be taken the moment you're born, so that it's on record straight away  -  I'm not sure why anybody would ever have a problem with that